All Comments on 'Somebody's Wife'

by amber_fields

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
Simple49erSimple49erover 16 years ago
Sombody's wife is selfish ...

Somebody is cynical and clever. Somebody used all the cliched excuses that men and women use to cheat. Somebody used repetition well to make a point. But maybe somebody should try to write a sexy story where people sit down and work out their differences and communicate their needs. Then if somebody finds this does not work, then somebody can get a divorce. But if somebody truly loves someone, then no one needs to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
of course!

she is now somebody else's ex-wife. last time i've seen her, she is getting very fat, getting older fast ( because she now have 2 minimum wage jobs). and lives in a crappy apartment.

but the somebody else's ex-husband is very happy w/ his younger new wife (who works w/ him and makes as much money as him). they live in a very nice house and can afford nice long vacations.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 16 years ago
Somebody said

We're not surprised to learn that somebody's wife has contracted genital herpes. From what somebody said, it's a gift that lasts a lifetime. Somebody said, "Practice safe sex." Somebody was right.

<P>

To my way of thinking, fucking somebody else doesn't fix somebody's marital problems. All it does is make somebody's wife into a liar and a cheat. If somebody's marriage sucks, somebody should fix it or end it. The middle ground is the worst of the choices.

<P>

The writing here is pretty good but the characterizations are modest and the plot thin. It's more of a morality play than a well-developed work of fiction. I thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
they're pegged

All these nasty comments! As with this and all wife stories, it attracts a small but noisy sect of jacking-off, involuntarily chaste fat boys (who are mostly anonymous, surprise, surprise) who enjoy insulting openly sexual folks and talk. They would wilt at eye contact, let alone the opportunity for actual sex. amber_fields, regard it all as compliments. Nice start; tell us more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Reality

Reality is that when I'm on a biz trip, I hope my wife is being seen to by other men. Very hot!

cuddlyellacuddlyellaover 16 years ago
It makes me feel sorry

When I read nasty comments. Sorriest especially for the poor demented writers of such comments who must lead such miserable lives that they feel compelled to write such comments when they have obviously read the story which they claim is not fit to read. Grow up, you morons.

Joyce19063Joyce19063over 16 years ago
Loved the theme--Could have been written better.

When I read the teaser I thought that it would be a tale of a husband getting laid somewhere by someone elses wife then ending with the question "Was his wife doing what his companion (Somebody else's wife)was doing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Dear Somebody Else's Ho

Your preference is showing a little too much and it tells us your predilection - weak pathetic men and strongly sick women who prey on them.<P>

Those who like your propensities are just like your characters - weak needy sick minded without any self respect nor remotely interested in human decency or the realities of life.<P>

Like you they reveal themselves for what they are. Selfish users and takers or weak pathetic losers both unaware of what is erotic vs crude sordid miscreants who thrive on others loss. Neither should be allowed next to a spouse who cares about her family or a husband who values the singular commitments of marriage and a long sharing life of substance together.<P>

The failures of life need others of their ilk to justify their own personal demons with those who are worse and sinking faster into a purposeless existence that is no longer justified.<P>

Just another long way of saying your abilities are much stronger than your constant perception of what arouses the norm so you seek the extremes which are easy even for the lowest.<P>

Grow up or go away little sick one. Try some self respect on so your customers can see that you have substance - or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Somebody's Life

Somebody's wife woke up the next morning next to a young man she did not know. She remembered hours of sexual delight. Somebody's wife leaned over and took this young man's cock in her mouth and began a morning of total sexual bliss. The young man took his leave, leaving no real name, no phone number, and leaving a thank you for great sex. Somebody's wife showered and then got something to eat, looking over saw the phone light was blinking with a message. She turned the messages on and realized somebody had called during the early hours and left a message. In it he stated he had completed his work trip early and had come home to find somebody's wife in bed with another man. He realized they were to drunk to know he was there and he took several pictures of them in bed and the clothes scattered around and the glass from their drinks. He then informed somebody's wife he considered her a cheating slut who had adulterous sex with young men. He let her know he had looked in her lovers wallet and gotten what he needed from the young man's drivers license. Sombody had packed a few clothes and other things he needed and left. He informed her he was seeking a divorce based on adultry and that pictures of her in bed with the man were being sent to all of their relatives, neighbors, and friends so that they would realize it was not his fault the marriage failed. He also informed her that since she was living on her own now he expected her to get a job and pay half of all expenses until the divorce was finalized. Six months later, somebody's exwife was working at Walmart and making enough to pay for her apartment and the bus fare to work. She went to the free clinic for medicines for her drug resistant STDs her young lover had given her, thankful that his gifts did not include HIV. The money her husband had shared with her had rapidly disappeared in the home she was trying to make payments on as it was given to her in the divorce by her husband as her share of their savings. When she could no longer financially pay for the care and upkeep of the home she was forced to sell it at a loss. The meager equity she got from the sale was used to secure an apartment, furnish it, and pay for her medical expenses with regard to the STD. This weekend somebody's exwife sits bored after working ten hours on the floor stocking at Walmart. A friend calls and ask her if she wants to go to a party, she said sure how much are we charging tonight, hangs up and turns to paint her body and put on the I'm for sale clothes. It doesnt matter why, it doesnt matter if its only sex, it doesnt matter if it is only once. You have a marriage contract, unilaterally breaking the contract ends your marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Somebody's wife deserves a

500 degree soldering iron up her cunt......

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
great comments

The "story" stinks. But the comments are great. Wonderfull entertainment.

Umberto

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Lame excuse

"Someone" wants to be unfaithful, fine, but the one in this story is one lame excuse...

Somebody’s wife is lonely tonight. She misses her husband who is working long hours to provide for the family. She wonders if he is thinking about her at the same moment that she is thinking about him. She prays for his safety. She prays that these long hours apart will bear fruit with a better future for her family. She appreciates him in every form and shape because he is lover, husband and friend and NOBODY can take his place. Somebody’s wife is lonely tonight. She places a call just to hear his voice, just to say hello, just to say, “I miss you. I love you. Stay safe.”

I love my husband. But I have never considered being unfaithful just because his job takes him out of town. Sure you are going to get lonely at times because the person you love is not there. But nobody can take his place. Nor do I need a toyboy to make me feel sexy or appreciated. A mature woman, a real woman knows her worth...

"Someone" wants to be unfaithful, fine, but this one is one lame excuse...

jthserrajthserraover 16 years ago
Recommendation...

In the last 3 paragraphs simply call the man Somebody (not Somebody's Husband), you've set it up for the entire story. And as you said at the beginning of the story, "Sombody should read this story."

The detached distain in this story reminded me of something a Dorothy Parker might have written. Perhaps Somebody's actions don't excuse what his wife did, but it probably explains it. An interesting and different peek into the issue.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 16 years ago
somebody has written a good story on Lit

but this author isnt one of them...

ROTFLMAO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Nicely Written

How close to reality can one get. This happens more often than one might think.

JoesephusJoesephusover 16 years ago
I feel sorry for Somebody

I do agree with the comment that the story would have been stronger if you'd just used "Somebody" instead of adding husband. Still this was very well written. That's not to say the character is likable or redeemable.

<p>

There is no excuse to cheat.

<p>

Yet it does happen and the excuse of "lonely," is probably one of the worst. Believe me, I know what lonely means, and I'm going to see a lot more of it before my wife is home from Iraq... she's now in CA and her departure date has been pushed back to October. I don't know if I should be grateful or resentful. It does mess up plans we'd made based on when we thought she'd go. I'm told that's common with the US military.

<p>

Even the excuse of the sexy underwear might have sounded better if the reason he didn't notice was other than exhaustion. Still, you don't have to admire the character to enjoy the story... isn't there a popular character named Hannibal?

<p>

I do appreciate the passion of folks on this subject, and frankly, I agree with the sentiment, but the fact also is that the number of Loving Wives stories has dropped off and I miss them. The people we fall in love with aren't all saints, and good writers will use them in stories.

<p>

If you don't like the character of the characters, nothing wrong with saying so, but try to do it so that the writer will write stories more to your liking, or be more sensitive to you position.

<p>

I know when I posted my first story "Corruption" I ended it with what I thought was a twist, the husband hated what the wife had done. I got a lot of mail taking me to task, and I added to it before I posted it here.

<p>

Those who've read my stories know I believe in reconciliation, but what you might not know is that I've modified my position based on comments from readers, and not the ones who simply replied in a sentence or two.

<p>

There are some very insightful, thoughtful readers out there. People who take the time to point out the ramification of actions. Now some of those folks have given me a new orifice for my daily constitution, but that's okay. It comes in handy when I really gotta go. They've also helped me grow as a writer.

<p>

Bottom line, if you enjoy reading stories in the Loving Wives category, you need to encourage those who write here. You might not like what amber_fields character did in this story, I didn't, but what she(?) wrote was very well written, and I hope to read more...

<p>

Perhaps one where the husband finds out and she realizes the costs of ennui. Perhaps one where justice is achieved, and for me personally where guilt, repentance and growth on her part save the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Somebody's

wife is a slut and I hope Somebody finds out and gets rid of the slut,and then marries someone who appreciates a hard working husband.If it was the real world I would wish that the slut got AIDS.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 16 years ago
Somebody's story is annoying

Sorry, but the joke is over after the first line. After that, somebody is irritating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Love It!

Absolutely loved it. It's the most truthful thing I've ever read on anything!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very well done!

Short, sweet and to the point. Very sexy. Ignore the inevitable complaints, they are from people who lack wit, intelligence and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Unlucky guy

I hope someone is fucking her, she sure does not have any sex with me. She is a poor fuck anyway. I keep hopeing someone will take her off my hands and save me some money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
To Very Well Done

Perhaps you would like a Very Well Done story of cooking babies - or puppies / kitty's.<P>

Appreciation and arousal is measured in two elements with only one being talent/ability displayed.<P>

Obviously the other is content and while subjective an audience viewpoint is somewhat predictable to those who write here - albeit by osmosis.<P>

In this case, the writers history evidences her position of weak easily despised less then men and women who take advantage of the braindead or wimps. Her hook is cucking men which is upsetting to those semi-normals of either gender.<P>

She knows this and persists to write for the few and incite the rest. The resulting comments are predictable but she can't or won't break her need of disrespect which negates a more true appreciation of her talents.<P>

I wonder why? Just because she can - or ? Puzzling huh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Innovative

Innovative. It almost reads like poetry instead of prose. In prose, the "somebody" device might be irritating after a bit, but it isn't here. I wouldn't want to see very much of this sort of thing, but I enjoyed its uniqueness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
monotonous

Yeah, we get it, it's somebodys' wife. The problem is, it's a story about just one woman. Therefore, she could remain anonymous in the story by referring to her as somebodys' wife, in the first paragraph, after that 'she' would have been correct. Maybe every other paragraph, or every 10th line since you don't seem to grasp paragraphs correctly either, you could refer to her as somebodys' wife.But as written, it was annoying and monotonous, and you lost me before she ever left the party. All these people who gave you praise on this story must read at a 2nd grade level, because this was just atrocious.

Kanga40Kanga40over 16 years ago
After the 50th 'somebody'

I gave up reading - and that was only a few paragraphs.<BR>

Then I jumped to the last paragraph to find the expected ending.<BR>

Ho Hum.

BazzzBazzzover 16 years ago
Well done

While the repetitive "Somebody's wife" got a little annoying it was a short enough story as not to really bring the story down. Besides this was very imaginative and a try at something a little different which is great to read. After reading some of the other comments it's obvious that a group of somebodies are not so creative themselves or appreciative of others that express their creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Repetition can be a pain in the backside

but it is a legitimate writing tool, when it works!

I wrote to Nicci about using it in the first part of her story that stirred up the airwaves some months ago. Although I (unlike many others, enjoyed Nicci’s tale) I didn’t think she pulled the repetition bit off.

Here I thought Amber did make it work. I believe that those two words were the whole point of this little tale. The essence of what Amber is saying in her story, is rolled up in those two words; it is that - all too often - those honky-tonk angels we can find propping up bars all over the world, are "Somebody’s Wife!"

Nicely done girl!

Although if you’d had hubby jump out of the closet and blow the two lovers heads off with a shotgun, a larger portion of the audience might have understood where you where coming from. Yeah, I know you weren’t coming from there; but that concept would probably be better understood.

DC

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
WTF?? That's my wife!!!

Well, Fuck Me!!! That stupid bitch is my wife. Here I am, busting my ass, trying to make a few bucks to pay for shit and she's fucking the whole world! When I get home, I'm mortgaging the house, selling the cars, quitting my job, cleaning out our joint accounts, the 401(k) and leaving her trampy ass. Won't she be surprised when the house is reposessed. Dumb bitch. Fuck! Where's my lawyers phone number?!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Genuine erotica for a change

Subtle and divinely sexy.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 16 years ago
Sounds a llittle too deliberate

on her part don'tcha think?? I'm sure the husband will hear about it one day soon, or maybe later, but the pain will spread to many people, one way or the other.. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good Job!

You might have also added- "Somebody's wife is letting another man come in her tonight, somebody's wife just happens to be letting another man's sperm into her body when she is fertile, somebody's wife got pregnant tonight. But she did so when her husband was hundreds of miles away tonight. Are you out of town tonight? Will your wife present you with a little bundle of joy exactly nine months from now, and but she will never tell you that she conceived the bay while you were out of town.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 16 years ago
A nice poster

And yet no more than one. The universal title: another man’s wife immediately elevates the narrative to the level of a fable, but please note - those fables have tight plots, which this offerings lacks. A poster presents a two dimensional picture, completely transparent simply because there is no development. It’s all totally predictable. The anonymous married woman is having sex with a man who is not her husband because she is bored and her husband is away. Sure, this could have been the story of any of millions of couples, but in my opinion it remains the story of none because what I don’t get is any sense of true interest in the lives of real people which, alas, are loaded with details and particulars . Even one token detail could have upgraded yet another stylized poster to some thing with more mature literary weight. You could have left an unopened box from the husband which the wife finds and opens the next day; the lover could have broken by mistake a cherished memento from the couples last vacation - anything that would have added a hint of reality to the abstraction. We all know the famous expression of the particular which is the true universal. Try it once. Abstractions may be clean and lean like nice posters or elegant equations. They are not stories though.

smysecretsmysecretover 16 years ago
Somebody's hot!

This is the hottest story I've read for a long time.

I agree with the comment that this story is close to poetry. It would be brilliant read aloud, where every repetition of the phrase "Somebody's wife" would have a subtly different tone and voice. This would enhance the point whilst reducing the perceived tedium.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
The Dumb Wife

The Dumb Wife is going to find her Husband throwing divorce papers into her hands one night then lets see what the Dumb Bored Wife does then so borring this story is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent

Different and extremely arousing. Too many stories in this genre are fomulaic to the point of being indistinguishable from one another. This one is original and far better for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
somebody' wife

finds a envelope with divorce papers, pictures and pi report; and her being shown the door out of the house and the marriage. the words, it was only sex, i only love you, hollow and meaningless words from her. choices made and she deals with the fallout

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
How will she feel the next time she looks

When she has to look her husband into the eye and say to him that she loves him, and he is the only one, how will she feel. Now that the bonds and vows of her marriage has been shit on by her, will she just think of the next time she can fuck some other man and lie to herself that she isn't doing anything wrong. Thanks for the story.....Rich

yakboy69yakboy69over 14 years ago
Nicely done.

Why is it that all the stories of men getting some on the side are greeted with enthusiasm yet the other way around and people get all offended. Strange values folks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
somebody's husband

could be doing the same with another lady, married, other. as the movire title said, its complicated (at times).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Somebody's wife

looks up in surprise as somebody's wife husband opens up somebody's wife bedroom and says. GOT YOU!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Somebody's wife needs to buy the farm,,,,,,,,,,NOW!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
somebody's wife

got served a week later

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I liked it so I gave it 5*****

But left unsaid is somebody's got pregnant by a better looking guy and gave her husband a prettier baby.

HalElleHalElleover 12 years ago
Good story, great style.

Well written, sexy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Somebody....

Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody Somebody . I left after the third Somebody.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Somebody ' wife

Ain't nothing but a two-bit cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
and people wonder why

murder suicides happen

tghlawyer03tghlawyer03about 11 years ago
Think

To think that this kind of scenario is not common is patently naive; to think this kind of discussion doesn't need to happen among marrieds is patently foolish; to think there is not a simple solution to these problems is unimaginative; to cheat is silly; to expect perfection is inhuman; let's talk about the ability to share love without cheating and put to rest the concept of monogamy as the true test of marriage; Love grows when it is shared............openly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The story is excellent! What the author described is reality in many marriages: all wives are faithful & loyal when her hubby is at the party or might find out! Given a chance, some women (not all!) will transgess & (surprise, surprise) the sun will also

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

amber_fields' writers craft is outstanding.

This submission is both erotic & poetic!

Nothing is more exciting for a man than when you feel a woman wants you.

Nobody knows why a wife decides to go to bed with a guy other than her husband. Or why just then, not some other day. Or why that guy.

My theory is that when her mind is set to transgress, an otherwise average guy will all of a sudden look like a movie star with the body of an Olympic champion!

They all have different life-trajectories (destinies) but at given moment there is a perfect-storm set of circumstances and they want the forbidden fruits!

Wives who cheat rarely (once in a blue moon) are better in bed & more fun to be with, than wives that have never cheated. Trust me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I REALLY LIKE IT! I REALLY, REALLY LIKE IT. GAVE IT A 5- (*****-)

Hi amber_fields:

You have posted only 3 stories but all of them are very, very good.

This one says so much on less than half a page.

When i caught my wife having a fling, she admitted everything and asked me to forgive her.

"You have every right to leave me. I won't blame you if you do. But I want you to know i have never stopped loving you, & I hope you will take me back & give me another chance."

As she talked I was observing her. I realized that she had never looked sexier until that moment. It was not only the hard-on. Every cell of my body was aroused. I looked at her, and for 10 or 15 seconfs i had an out-of-body experience. I dimultaneously was both one of the 2 participants in the conversation & an impartial observer who is not emotionally engaged in the shitty situation. My observer self was looking at a gorgeous, sexy, smart, fuckable woman age 30 who has a decent job; a woman whom her husband (my participant self) wants now more than ever. The observer self realised that the participant self has a sttong voyeur/cuck-wannabe sode. The observer self also realized that you are both blessed & sursed when you marry a woman with strong sex drive. If she does not care much for dick, she want care much for yours either. I was one person again. The observer me moved back yo my body.

I go, "I am taking you back, that's not an issue. If you still love me i will be able yo forgive you. If you do not love me we may as well part ways now..."

I looked at her and smiled at her. I continued my monologue: "Come here, let's kiss & make up. Show me you still love me..."

Life is simple only on TV.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Somebody's wife

Somebody's wife is now a cheating whore, while her.husband is earning the living that lets.her last wife be bored.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 5 years ago
Take up a hobby or volunteer

Instead she decides to be a whore who will be thrown out on her ass and have to get a job and never be bored again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
LOVE this story: ❤ = ☆☆☆☆☆- (5-)

You posted 3 stories, I love them all.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just another female writer trying to justify a wife being a whore

Of course this writer romanticizes loving wife becoming a full blown slut. Of course it isn’t her fault it has to be her husband. So what if he is working his ass off to give her the McMansion and other crap she just had to have. So what if he is alone in the road and not picking up some hot chick to keep him company. Of course it is ok for a wife to be a whore with no consequences. Just another sad and pathetic slut story. Ridiculous

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
LOVE IT (❤): ***** (five stars)!

:)

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

This is quite a different format than the usual around here. I think it's a nice change.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story has an intoxicating cadence and poetry about it. A rating below 5 is an insult to the writer. I wonder if somebody's wife's husband would appreciate her more if he knew. I know I would.

sslarivio1sslarivio1over 2 years ago

Different and I loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Someone's wife is about to live life as a single mother getting pumped and dumped by fewer and fewer men as her last eggs dry up completely

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting twist in an LW take...

...4 stars for creativity.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Pure garbage

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Its a whole lot like real life... when a persons desires are neglected too long by their mate, there will always be someone else to sneak in and take care of the fires...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Somebody’s writer needs to stop being a useless writer and actually get down to writing LW

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous