All Comments on 'Something... Talk About in Tx Ch. 01'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 137 Comments
BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
First

Great. Consistent with the original. Fleshed out, and addressing a lot of the questions and issues with the first series. Enjoyed the colorful characters and clever wordsmithing. The monumental head-fuck the protag is engaging in is excellent. Agree that the hubby's approach in this one is much more realistic, sensible, and satisfying than the one taken in chapters 2 and 3 of the original series. I really enjoyed the juxtaposition of their thoughts about what might have happened had she come to him after that first time. Hubby's thoughts during his dialogue with wife is priceless.

Could the marriage survive like a phoenix rising from the ashes? Doesn't look like it, but who knows?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great!

You took a frustrating story and (so far) made an alternative that makes sense. It is true to the characters of the original story and explores an intriguing and unexpainable situation. Great job so far!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Can't wait for the second chapter.

By fleshing out the wife's character, you've bared all the rationalizations that cheaters make, and they sound as lame as they are.

Nici was totally clueless about that--as if cheating is normal, healthy behavior when one person is the slightest bit unhappy and can't be bothered communicating with their spouse.

Why, then bother to get married? What's the point of making vows? (And if you're not making vows, then it's just a business partnership, not love.)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Tremendous

Was going to say excellent. but was beaten to the punch. I've been critical lately of your LW tales. I call it as I see it. This is great. Your sequel to that Nici cunt's tale follows what a man does to protect his own. He tried. But the stupid slut wife is too hard-headed to see what's really going on. Can't wait for ch. 2...

SirThopasSirThopasabout 11 years ago
Powerful

and effective.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
typical wimp story ?

"Never again, so long as you're seeing him"-1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really a great addon to the Nici slut's sorry ass story.

Please finish it with a "bang." No wimp, No willing cuckold. Let the slut (like Nici) burn in hell. Let Rich have it shoved up his ass with broken glass.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 11 years ago
Well, I like some elements of the plan.....

so I will reserve judgement until the end. But why would taking the slut back ever be part of the plan?

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 11 years ago
How?

Jonathan appears weak and indecisive. I don't see how he could consider taking his slut wife back into his life. She shows no remorse for what she's done. I found myself disliking both Jonathan and his stupid wife.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
Don't make us wait

I hope this is finished and just awaiting submission.

I guess he's lying about paying the house, and if he quit, why would he need to worry about his work health and life insurance?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Anytime...

I see Tx Tall Tales in the New section I know I'm in for a good read. You (and a handful of other writers) make wading through the swamp of poorly written stroke stories worth it.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
I usually don't read

or rate first installments, i wait for the whole story to be completed to read it and rate it, but with this one, i read only the comment you have at the beginning, and only for this i am rating this part... 5 stars

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
A true Tum, Tum, TUM take on a stomach twisting story !

I think in the real world Jonathan would not have turned things around so fast. Yet the time frame to rally here is acceptable, so readers don't get ulcers waiting for their literary brother to 'alpha up'. So far, so good - Tx Tall Tales revision of " The Joke " got messy with body fluid puddles and singe marks galore.

Maybe Susan & Roger from latter tale hook up as they seem to so richly deserve each other. Usually I thank Tx Tall Tales at this point in comment but don't want to jinx things. Karma appears to be in motion but hasn't fully manifested yet for the miscreants. Can't wait ! I'll have metaphorical mop & antacids at the ready.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This is just as bad as Nici's story

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

Very interesting version, TX. I'm really curious as to how this ends (although you gave much of it away in your introduction).

But my Spidey sense is tingling! Maybe it's nothing, but read how the wives of the judge et al, react during the discussion.

"You have no business calling her a slut. We haven't heard her side of the story. Don't make this any more difficult than it is."

Why does the old judge have no business calling Susan a slut?

"Slut or slattern is a term applied to an individual who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous."

A wife who cheats on her husband HAS loose sexual morals, and Susan HAS been (still is) sexually promiscuous. The term slut is correct in Susan's case.

"Don't make this any more difficult than it is."

This sounds like an echo of Susan's words.

"It's up to the boy if he wants to try to work things out, for the sake of the family. Don't try to make her look any worse than she is."

For the sake of the family? This sounds like railroading to me, in the direction of reconciliation, "for the sake of the kids". And not trying to make Susan to look any worse than she is....see the above about calling her a slut. The judge was saying it as it is.

"She's been screwing around with another man for a year, behind his back, and now wants him to accept that there's a new man in their lives. What else do you call a wife who has an affair for over a year, and refuses to give it up?"

"Confused? I don't know."

Judith, the judge's wife, calls a woman who's been cheating on her husband for over a year, "confused".

In short, Judith the judge's wife, seems very biased in favor of Susan. Here's a snippet that the Colonel's wife, Diane, says:

"Understood. But they're hers too. You can divorce her, but if it's bitter, hurtful, you're going to have to live with that for the next couple of decades," Diane said."

Specifically, the part where Jonathan can divorce her, but if it's bitter and hurtful, he will live with that for the next couple of decades.

This very strongly implies that if he MAKES it bitter and hurtful, for Susan, he'll suffer. This leaves out that Jonathan is ALREADY feeling very bitter and hurt. The only way to make this NOT bitter and hurtful, is to go easy on Susan.

In short (again), Jonathan can suffer all he want (since he already IS), as long as he doesn't make Susan suffer with the divorce...

Biased, again?

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I'm suspecting the wives are siding with Susan. Maybe they have affairs of their own and are trying to play it down (probably not), or will tell Susan everything Jonathan is going to do.

When is part 2 coming up?

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
This seems to be slipping to more WACC Crap!

1star for this chapter. He takes her to bed with him REALLY??? So much for Texans being men what Pussies. Guess y'all live up der on Brokeback Mountian. LOL

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

What the heck happened to the quotes thingies in my post? It looks all weird now...

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
why the FUCK would anyone want to re do this awful story from the delusional Nutcase Nici?

Seriously.

Yeah sure the author does make very good points about NICI original abortion of a story... but who cares? why bring dead a turd from the Bottom of the toilet..

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
that being said about the story itself... a Spouse working too hard is NOT reason to cheat

in the Original turd of the story I posted in the Feedback that why doesnt the husband go to the wife's parents ...family ... friends etc? Why was he fighting the battle himself ?

its clear this author read MY comment and that was the basis for this story.

Whenever a author in the LW genre has he husband saying "never again... no more sex while you are still fucking him...." it almost ALWAYS fails and he does take her back.

in this case WHY would he even think about what POSSIBLE conditions where he MIGHT take her back?

Even if she were to stop Today the issue is her mindset. WHY would anyone ...male female or in between... WANT to stay married to some this amazingly fucking stupid shallow and self centered.?

While the sense of neglect the wife has from the husband working too hard is real-- and explaining that is well done in this story-- the husband IS working to hard for THEM... the kids and the wife.

and even worse she NEVER told him or even tried to talk to him about his hours.

Again if he is over doing it and working to an early grave what was she willing to cut back?

NOTHIING

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Bravo!!!

He is playing the cheating slut like a violin, dangling the carrot, giving her the rope. I am shocked by some of the comments. You must be reading a different story. He is doing everything to protect himself and kids and put her in her place. He is hurting her, yet she has no clue in her fantasy world.

He is gently leading the whore up the gallows steps. She smiles as he place the noose around her neck. Only when she sees him pull the lever does she realize what she lost. Down she goes until the rope snaps taut. Yet she doesn't die. She is condemned to dangle, her feet dancing as she watches her ex and forsaken children live the life she threw away for cock.

Well done Tx, well done. That is Texas justice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really?? 4 stars can't wait

I've made a LARGE amount of money treating the people in is story .Nici wrote what happens in real life every day of the week. Both men & women do it to their spouse, AND can always justified to where there no harm no foul . THE old get over it or else . You don't think this happens WAKE UP its happing rt. now to someone you know.PL. call for an appointment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
nice touch

Enjoying this version of the story which was well written. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
9mm

is really the only answer...take out the lawyer, take out the wife... the west is a big place to leave bodies.

daveftworthdaveftworthabout 11 years ago
Good angle

Enjoying the story. The council of elders is a good touch. I was surprised how you seemed to paint all the women in the story with the same paintbrush. Can't image EVERY one of the wives supporting his stating with her. Perhaps if one visited her and found out what was happening and realize how selfish she has and still is. That would have been great. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

So much better than the outrageous drivel from the original author, this story is much more plausible, realistic and well-written it captivates the reader. Plus, this author isn't a waffler who spouts utter nonsense; he has a reputation as a true storyteller and now he has salvaged the original author's piss poor effort! Well done Tx Tall Tales, your reputation precedes you!

Here's some food for thought, this continuation is so good, the original author and her woeful offering won't even be remembered in the same vein.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 11 years ago
Good start

It terms of plot, TTT did a really good job continuing the wife character - expanding on her narcissistic self-delusions in a way that is consistent with the way that Nici wrote her. I like involving the family in the revenge plot. Also liked the trip to OK. Looking forward to the next two chapters.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
I hate to do this, but I agree with HIV that

there is zero reason to take the wife back under any conditions. It isn't just her affair. It is her total contempt for him as a man and a lover. How can anyone live with another person that regards them so poorly? I see no options. Staying married for the kids is not an option here. The kids would learn contempt for marriage and for him. This woman has no saving graces. Very well written.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

When I did my follow up to this story in "before the end" I used a sledge hammer and destroyed even her memory.

You are doing a great job with death of a thousand cuts. Love how you brought others in.

One thing though. A para-legal is not an almost lawyer, it is what we used to call a legal secretary. Most states require 3 years of law school if you go full time and 4 years part time. You actually need a JD - Juris Doctor degree - like a phd. So she would have to have been with him for 4 years, 3 of law school and one fucking.

Can't wait for the rest.

5 from me.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 11 years ago
Good so far

Well written and well thought out continuation to Nici's original story. Agree with the thoughtful approach. Really like bringing in the crew of old men as experts. I like the "death by a thousand cuts" too. I do think having all the women seemingly more on the Sluts side is not only wrong it is unrealistic. Oh, sure in real life they will have some sympathy for Susan but lets face it most people know a cheating slut is a cheating slut and SHOULD be kicked out. SOMETIMES it might be plausable for a one time slip to be overlooked and forgiven but not something as blatant as this. You need to have the ladies change their outlook and get behind Jonathan's divorce and retribution more. Otherwise this is an excellent continuation. Much better than Nici's version.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Pretty good so far........

Can't wait for the next installment. It's a good effort on your part.....Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ludicrous

Trailer park trash soap opera

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Absolutely the BEST follow-up to Nici's story of all the many attempts. Realistic. Recognizes how things work in the real world!

YES YES YES THIS IS HOW IT's DONE!

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 11 years ago
So far So good

I hope I'm seeing a diabolical plan on John's part to burn the bitch.

There are times that reconciliation are possible; this isn't one of them. As John said, if she'd come to him after the first time with Rich there might have been a chance but not after a year.

I truly hope Susan gets what she deserves. In her case, and that of her lover's, I'm all for the scorched earth response.

Maybe I'm being petty but so be it. There are certain things a man, or any person, can forgive and get past. This scenario isn't one of them.

I know it's just a story but it has caught my interest. Nici's story never rang true to me; this one is more realistic.

Thanks for the hard work and hope the next chapter is posted very soon.

Woodmanone

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Confused story

First let me start with the solid stuff: this is a well written story; for those who are into the situation where man is king of family and women follow routine and don't mess around this all is a most appropriate tale.

Now for the problems I have: this has almost no relationship with Nici's story; the geography is wrong; Texas has its own culture and so does the Midwest, they are oh so totally apart; other than same names Tex's characters really don't resemble the characters Nici created.

Here is another big problem I have with the way Tex is telling this tale. The Texas women I know would never allow the men to run them off from a family discussion about family matters. They are much stronger than the way Tex has described Jonathon's family. In no way are Texas women subservient to the men in their family. They have been fully independent since 1836 and as much leaders as Texas men.

In my opinion this would have worked better with only a passing nod to Nici's original story and no use of the characters or attempt to flow from her plot line. Then Tex could tell his tale to his liking without carrying any baggage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Ok Tex I think you've tried everything possible to get him to reconcile. It really started sounding like a broken record at the end. There is no possibility of reconciliation with this woman so move the story along please!

kelchakelchaabout 11 years ago
Really Good

Like how this is going. She is going to be able to look back and see that there had been a chance save the marriage after that last conversation with hubby. When it hits the fan, this will be just more reason to regret her actions.

After all this time I still remember the original first story and there can never be any going back to the way things were. You say you leave a faint hope of reconcliation at the end. Be interesting to see the conditions for that. To my mind, the marriage was dead that first night she revealed she had a lover.

oscar73oscar73about 11 years ago
way better than the original

You have taken the characters and added life to them. The husband is really trying not to kill wife and lover and I couldn't blame him in the slightest. The wife is a selfish woman who is so shallow that she thinks sex is therapy. wonder where she got her degree. Can't wait for end.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Good stuff

You are well on your way to counteracting the original tales extremism re: pro-feminist exreme cuck horseshit ... Bravo. Unlike the old crossdressing cupcakes whio are overanslysing your story, i am not confused whatsoever, Story flowed well and makes a good transition from the parent story. Perhaps if some of your critics stopped cutting off the blood flow to their balls by wearing pantyhose they could still have enough testosterone flowing and thereby think like a man. Looking forward to chapter 2.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 11 years ago
I have one complaint...

This is extremely well done and I am enjoying the hell out of it, but...

I wish the author had been more specific with naming the original story. There are a million Nici's listed; what is the name of the original? I would have liked to read it before reading this one, but after wasting a lot of time, gave up.

bobby9909bobby9909about 11 years ago
To nakedsub:

http://www.literotica.com/s/something-we-have-to-talk-about

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
5* A very good continuation!

Nici's story was good, but I fear she dropped the ball, somewhat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
pretty hard to see what you see

I see pain for the kids , pain for the husband and so on but erotic ?

also very strange you always write about people with an IQ far below 100. why ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good work, 3T has been both prolfic and very good as of late...

I really though that TTT worked to capture the spirit of the story. You have a wife who has put her family last vs. first. Plus the opportunistic lawyer who has soaked up her emotional and physical support like a wet sponge. Truly a sad story, but again shit happens. Await to see the end result.

Thanks.

AcedorRiseAcedorRiseabout 11 years ago
Considering the original a far better story

Even though the story is good it still isn't enough.more than sex she gave care and respect to the other person.she could have stopped and improved her marriage but ultimately made the wrong choice.reconciliation is bad since she has no respect for him and ghost of a love,taking advantage of him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
re:I have one complaint...

Quite agree. If you're gonna followup another person's story, include a link.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Link !

Need a link to the original story please.

MortonGrangeMortonGrangeabout 11 years ago
Entertaining

Nici's original story was a lighted firework dropped intentionally into the complacent world of Loving Wives. It can't be ignored because it set up a bad situation in a dramatic and original way and demanded that its readers think for themselves. Not a surprise that many ran screaming. This is an entertaining come-back which stands up in it's own right - I mean that it is an entertaining and well-written story and I look forward to reading the outcome.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 11 years ago
Everyone keeps talking about the original story...

WHAT IS IT? A NAME...PLEASE!

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 11 years ago
So Where's Chapter 2?

If you released them at the same time, should they show up together, or does Literotica stage them intentionally? You wrote a good contrasting ending (so far). I have a creeping suspicion she gets him back in the end after hitting bottom and repenting. Otherwise, chapter 2 is StangStar formulaic. Good writing. Five stars.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Differences in interpretation

First, this is well written, and as close a continuation as I would expect to see from a different author...good job walking in Nici's shoes re: characters.

I see a man who recognizes exactly where he stands with his former love and forever mother of his kids. That is what one of the Council Wives was telling him...Sweetie will be the kids' Mother forever, but will have a big influence in their lives and development while they are still in school. If Hubby and Sweetie have a bitter future relationship, it WILL carry over (adversely) in the kids' lives and development.

I do NOT see him truly considering reconciliation. I DO see him willing to soft-pedal his statements in order to further his separation from his Sweetie while maintaining maximum control of the custody and his finances! In his preface, TTT also writes his original, much shorter, continuation! It tells us where TTT's heart is!

I do see myself looking forward to reading the final portion of this. Looking most excellent at this point!

C_frommnC_frommnabout 11 years ago
I Like

Jonathan is a much stronger Character here then in the Original Story where he was a Simpering Wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't any of you idiots know how to search for stories or authors on this site? Too fucking lazy I guess.

Now, Nici's original story was a little hard to swallow but it if nothing else it was well written and thought provoking.

Forget the sequels and let the story be. I really hate authors who write sequels, and I would rather not keep being reminded of the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't any of you idiots know how to search for stories or authors on this site? Too fucking lazy I guess.Now, Nici's original story was a little hard to swallow but it if nothing else it was well written and thought provoking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this blogger's comment: to access a title one is unsure of, start with "something" followed by 3 asterics and it should come up. Just thought some would like to know and not have another person scream and put down others not as 'intelligent' as he seemed to think he was.

LOL

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
A couple of quibbles...

Even though I disliked Nici's original story a great deal, I simply do not understand the attraction of going back and trying to "improve" on it. From where I sit, it's not unlike finding a shit sandwich, adding ketchup, and afterwards claiming you've made it taste much better. Dude, it's still a shit sandwich...

TTT, I'd much rather read something new and original as opposed to something regurgitated.

Second point - the last time I looked at divorce law in Texas, (which was a few months ago,) Texas still recognized adultery as grounds for a divorce action alleging fault on the part of a spouse. No-fault divorces are not the only route one can go in Texas, and Texas courts are not known for being kind to spouses who cheat. So the whole premise of the wife threatening to take the children and leave the husband impoverished becomes implausible once the story is transplanted to the Lone Star State. And the grandfather's buddy the judge would know that. So should the wife's lover, if he really knows enough about the law to have passed the Texas Bar exam. It's a MAJOR plausibility problem for me.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesabout 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the insightful comments

"Something We Have to Talk About" by Nici is the original story ("Doh!")

http://www.literotica.com/s/something-we-have-to-talk-about

(Thanks bobby9909 for putting the necessary html page in the comments)

@nakdsub, Anonyousn "re:I have one..", TornadoTys: I'm sorry I didn't put the name of the original story in the preface. I kept the original title, adding "in TX", but it was so long, that Literotica could not add chapter numbers to it. I got bounced for having title errors the first time, and in cleaning it up, I forgot to put the title of the original story in. Huge error on my part. I will edit this story and fix that. Literotica has been very good lately about making clickable links of any story links.

For those of us who've been on here a while, the story is somewhat iconic, and I forget that not everyone would instantly know who Nici was. No excuse either way.

Both chapters were submitted at the same time. Literotica will often post sequential chapters a day apart. I'm assuming that's what happened here, and expect the conclusion to post tomorrow morning. It's about the same length. On my submission page, it's still 'pending' vs 'accepted', but it's no longer clickable (Greyed out). I'm guessing that means it's approved, just not posted.

It seems that the actions vs. words vs. thoughts on the part of Jonathan wasn't clear enough for some of the readers. I would ask you to be patient before jumping to conclusions about the relationship between hubby and spouse. I'm glad to see that most of the readers understand exactly what Jonathan is up to.

@cantbuymy - I'm supposing that Rich was already attending law school, and stopped due to depression. Susan in the original, convinces him to go 'back' to law school. I'm interpreting that to mean he had already completed some. I understand it could be taken as merely going back to school. You're right, either Nici got the time frame wrong, (they were cheating much longer) or he only needed a couple of years.

@Mousse9, daveftworth, SW_MO_Hermit, et al. About all the women taking Susan's side. I think Lickideesplit did an excellent job of summarizing my thinking there. More along the lines of don't go away half-cocked and do something crazy. Not to give too many clues about chapter 2, but the women do get behind the 'plan' 100%. I may have not made this clear, and probably could have added a little dialogue in the first kitchen scene where some of the women are against her from the start.

@Anonymous "Bravo!!", BTTap, betrayedbylove, woodmanone: I have a feeling that you guys are one step ahead of me. I'll be very interested to see how everyone views the second part. It's written in a little different style than most of my work, and I hope it's not too distracting. I have no doubt y'all will let me know.

@BobNbobbi: Not sure why you think the original story was set in the Midwest. I read nothing in the first chapter that said or implied that. I may have missed something. Without a firm setting, I found Texas a reasonable locale, and as you may be aware, I know more about that area than most of the country. As for Texas women being strong, no argument. I didn't mean to portray them as weak. Far from it. Once the ball gets rolling, they carry most of the load. I do believe that it's very common (at least among my family and the friends) for the women to congregate separately from the men. Jonathan brought this to his Grandfather, who is single. The other men and their wives are invited to the party, but they're not hosting it. I thought the wive's intervention during the initial meeting, showed they were not subservient, speaking their piece from the get-go.

@Lord_Gro: About your second point. Yes, Adultery is grounds for a divorce action in Texas. Texas is NOT a no-fault state, and using Texas as the location make Susan a liar (not for the first time), or the beneficiary of bad advice. Citing adultery requires extensive proof, which makes it difficult if they always do it in his house, and still does not necessarily influence anything. (This from my divorce lawyer source.) Unless the adultery is flouted and carried out in the presence of the children, it usually has little effect on custody. Belongings are typically still split 50/50, with the judge having a fair amount of leeway in modifying that, according to the circumstances. The biggest effect of Adultery on a divorce in Texas usually stems from two things: 1) How much money the cheater spent on their affair, and 2) Maintenance (alimony) which Texas is pretty tight about. Adultery can get Maintenance minimized, maybe 3 years in a situation like this, and money spent on the affair is deducted from division of assets. So, yes, it's likely she would get the kids, and therefore, get the house. The courts always care about the kids welfare first. He would pay the mortgage and child-support. They don't have many assets, so a 80-20 split doesn't get him much. Any Maintenance paid is too much. With the right judge, maybe not, but who would risk it? Divorces in Texas, even adulterous ones, hurt.

@HarryinVa, Lord_Gro, Anonymous "Don't any of you idiots...": Why would I write a continuation of Nici's, or any other story? I guess it's hard to understand if you don't write. The story bugged me. Just like Agena's the Joke. Don't know why, except it did. I have an option to do something about it, such as write my own ending, especially when invited to by the author. I get to write what I want. One of the benefits of being an author. I had a different vision, and went with it. If you don't like continuation stories, by all means, skip this one, I won't be offended.

Well, that comment got a bit carried away. Thanks again for all the input. I can honestly say it exposes flaws I miss sometimes, and I'll strive to do better.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
Can't really call this a continuation

I like this story a lot more than I did the previous chapters by Nici.

TTT gave the character Jonathan a set of balls and it made the story seem more realistic.

Well done.

I'll be looking for the next chapter.

Thanks for the read...

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Hey Tx - thanks for the summary of comments. love you slow death approach. i never thought of telling any of the family, i was just going to kill them and then i met the woman, and i let her kill them, lol.

cant wait for the rest, you are one of my fav writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
now this makes sence!

Good job

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Good story

I didn't read the story you based this on and I won't. It sounds like a misandrist POS or some sick feminist fantasy. Judging your story on it's own merits it's a solid 4.5.

HardFeltHardFeltover 10 years ago
Second time around

I read this a second time. Still as great as the first! I HATE wimps. This main character is no wimp! Thank god for insightful masculine stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well....

I have to agree with your first call, to start busting caps. Maybe it's my upbringing, maybe my time in service, but once war is declared, mr. nice guy has left the building. The cheating whore is only one problem....entering kids into the equation means you need the best possible outcome for them. Nowhere in "best possible outcome" is there room for a whore or whoremonger, and since they made the call to tango, that sort of relieves hubby of all responsibility in playing nice. On the flip side, the story itself has a problem. I'm not saying hubby bears fault, but it's important to be proactive, let people know where the lines are, and let them know what the results will be for crossing the lines.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loving it

Extremely well written. Not a single hole in the storyline. Five stars.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Hurt

"I don't want to hurt you."

But she's doing this, and he tells her it's hurting him, and she won't stop.

If you don't want to hurt someone, and they tell you what you're doing is hurting them, you STOP DOING IT!

And as for the kids. I'm not a legal expert, and I do understand about no-fault divorces, but I can't help but think that a woman who admits to an ongoing affair, and refuses to stop, and dumps her kids at baby sitters (yes, grandparents, but still...) has a good chance of being found an unfit mother.

And even if she DOES get custody, I don't see how she can keep him away from the kids.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
So far it is a substantial improvement over

the one posted by Nici.

on to Ch. 02

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
No Fault

I'm going to put this in every story that uses no fault incorrectly.

All that no fault means is that you don't need to prove adultery or other bad behavior to GET a divorce.

It has NOTHING to do with the divorce settlement.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Thank you

For being honest at the start. I haven't read this story, nor will I, after you said that you will leave it open for a reconciliation. I wish other authors would do the same so that we don't have to read a story, only to find out we hate it, causing a lot of anger. Saves you from bearing the brunt of that anger in comments too, so, thanks.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
I changed my mind

I've got a few minutes to kill, so I will read it. Sue me!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 9 years ago
No fucking way

If my woman cheated on me there is no way she'd stay married to me. Especially in a case like this one, where she refused to stop seeing him. That's an irrelevant point anyway because once she fucked him the trust would be gone, the respect would be gone and I'd be gone. Jonathan is coming across as a candy ass wimp! 1 star

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Love?

She keeps saying she loves him, but will destroy him.

I'm sorry, that's not love.

And even if she DOES get everything in the divorce, she says he'll never see his kids? How does she think she can do that?

And she says she met him at a party. What kind of a party is she going to without her husband?

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

"How can you stop it? I have the law on my side. You'll pay. You'll work your ass off for kids you never see, so I can have my love, my home and my kids. You'll have nothing."

And yet she says she loves him?!

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
sorry, but your resolutions to the mess are as screwed as hers

she didn't understand the definition of a marriage

You pay the bills, provide the house for me and the kids, and let me have my lover, even though he is a millionaire lawyer with an empty mansion, is not a marriage.

" I hope you enjoy this alternative ending "

. . and this is not an ending.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“You quit, they figure what you can afford on back history.” – I remember another story the cheating wife quit so that she would “need” maintenance, and I made the same statement in a comment, that the courts would see through that ploy.

“She wants us to keep it secret.” – Funny, all she’s doing is so good and pure, but to tell people about it? Oh, No! Can’t do THAT!

“I'm not running around on you.” – Um, you were FUCKING Lover Boy for an entire YEAR before telling Jonathan, if THAT’S not “running around” I’d like to know what is!

"I told you we didn't need to get my parents involved!" – Again, if what she’s doing is so good and right, why is she ashamed of it?

“Not like you, working day and night to barely keep a roof over our heads," – Yeah, the roof of the house that SHE wanted!

Richard says he’s not a killer, but isn’t that why he was supposedly so “depressed”, because he blamed himself for her death?

So he was her “project” for a year. So after a YEAR of her caring for him, he still couldn’t cope on his own, needed even MORE from her? And with all his resources, he couldn’t afford a PROFESSIONAL counselor?

“What if she had stopped, back then? After that first time.” Hell, if she stopped after telling Jonathan when he told her to there MIGHT have been a chance!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

I know I've got a couple of repeats here!

Funny that she wants to act like all is right and good, but wants to keep it a secret. If what she is doing is so noble she should be bragging about it!

“She turned and walked away, angry that he'd made her feel guilty for something that was good and right.” – Again, if it is so good and right, why doesn’t she want the families to know?

"Is this what you want? Hash it out here, now, in front of the kids?" – Huh? SHE’S the one bringing it up in front of the kids.

She keeps saying it’s not about the sex. So why doesn’t she tell Rich she’s not going to fuck him any more?

As he said, BEFORE it became sexual, why didn’t she share how she was helping Rich with him? Maybe because even THEN it wasn’t as innocent as she claims?

I know it’s been said before, but why do these cheating wives always complain about “fragile male egos”? Is it only “fragile FEMALE egos” that keep wives from accepting their husbands cheating?

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
The idea of seducing a woman by letting her do things for you

Personally I would start hitting hard on the fact that she was not feeding either her children or her husband during the previous year. It does not sound like an attitude which is giving everybody an equal chance. Basically Rich's tactics were excellent!

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
This is so much better

Than Nici's version. The husband in this version is not a spineless jellyfish and is willing to stand up for his beliefs. There is nothing that this wife is doing that could be remotely considered normal. Keeping house for another man; sex with him and wanting her husband to agree to it; hiding everything from everyone - her parents, grandfather, the people at the legal office didn't even know she was married. I really can't believe he considered, even for a second, reconciling with her if she stopped seeing him. She is one sick puppy and he needs to rid himself of her quickly.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Re-Reading

“I love you and I'll never leave you." – A – You don’t do what you did to someone you love, and B – You ALREADY left him!

“She liked the way he made her feel, needed.” – And she didn’t feel needed by her family?

“He needs me” – As has been said many times, there are many single women who would be willing to fulfill his “needs”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
numbers

Did anyone do the math? 112 X 11 is not 1120!!!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

An interesting development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You are kidding????

All the dark dudes in your other stories and this husband is the one you decide to make a fucking wimp????? Leaving the door open for the cunt to come home???? Wow, this author is a huge pussy......

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Tried Explaining This To A Friend

She said she could see the wife's point of view. She said, in her opinion, it is not cheating if she is discrete...or if she can keep it secret from hubby...or if her lover is much bigger than her boyfriend...or if it is revenge...or if hubby gives her permission or gets turned on by other men with her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To Anony 12/16

WTF??? Your friend says it's not cheating if Lover is bigger than hubby??? It's ALL cheating, PERIOD! Hubby didn't give consent and is continually trying to get her to quit. If you wouldn't do it in front of your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend, and He or she approves of it. then it most certainly IS CHEATING! Pure and simple cheating. I'd question the morals of the person you quoted on that one...she is one f---ed up person---or a swinger.

davwoodavwooabout 7 years ago
I'm always amazed!

How can women be so stupid as to believe that they can get away with something like this? He's right the law is always on this side of the poor little wife. Is she so wrapped up in her infatuation with this seducer she is prepared to destroy the lives of her kids and her husband.

My ex-wife was much more calculating, waiting 20 years while I slogged away to pay for a home and build a retirement plan. Then she forced me out on a concocted intervention order then used the legal system to take my home and half my savings.

She couldn't take my son from me. He chose to be with me.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THIS STORY REMINDS ME OF TOO MANY COOKS IN THE KITCHEN

however, in this case all the cooks who have added to the broth only helped in the final creation, the original of them all put out a good product and those who used the main recipe aided in the meal; TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just starting to read but...

I loved your first BTB reaction. I still have to read the rest of the story, but I'm sure I'm not going to be dissapointed. That's what I love about most of your stories and I hope you never change: Your males characters are real males. They can BTB or even reconciliate, but they are never wimpy or weak. Don't let the pussies change that, there are enough writers who seem to like to write about male who seem to take "the high road" when they are really making fools of themselves .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Slut brainless wife

You can take two roads so far. I hope you don't disappoint me chosing hte wrong one. Never a weak male, please.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Nice

Read it again. Incredible the stupidity in this cheating cunt wife's mind that she thinks her faithful husband would go along with this. Unlike the original (which I refuse to re-read) he has balls and a support system to help.

Damn fucking cunt.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Reading Once Again!

"It's not about the sex, Jonathan. Not at all. You've got to get past that, give your fragile ego a break.” – If it’s not about the sex, then why have it? His ego? Of course, the boost to HER ego, having a younger man desire her, means nothing, right?

“When he's strong enough to be on his own, I... I'll give him up.” – Interesting hesitation before saying she’ll give him up! As has been said, why does it have to be HER if he can’t be on his own? Are there no single women, no widows who would know what a widower is going through, hell, a wife in an open marriage!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Consistent with original in terms of character development; logical as well

I appreciate TTT's answer to HIV's question about why write a sequel to a turd. Nici did a fabulous job of portraying a selfish narcissistic wife. TTT's story is well written and logical. Hope we're not in for RAAC with Ch 02...

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Great work

Enjoy this each time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn

5

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Wonderful, dynamic, deliciously depressing!

The original story (Nici’s) left such a gaping nothing of a finish that I’m grateful that you took up the challenge and provided a fantastic denouement for us. I’ve yet to read your finish and am hopeful and have high expectations for Jonathan’s future.

Thanks

leetamezleetamezover 5 years ago
Better!

Thanks for taking up this story! The other version was a joke.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Late Thoughts

It's been a while, these may be repeats.

"I only need a little while." - A little while? It's already been two years!

"It was like a job. One I was doing well at." - If she was doing so well at it, why does he still need her after two years?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not finished

Read 4 fcking pages for a story that is not finished. 1 star

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
@anon ... apparently low in reading comprehension skills

"Ch.1" means Chapter 1. It indicates there are more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Shallow

Your so-called continuation is hopelessly shallow. The basic situation is that she repeatedly used very bad judgement, and he acted like a total asshole.

During the initial year with Richard, she was genuinely just trying to help him shore up his mental stability. Her first bad judgement was that she did not mention Richard to Jonathan soon after she first met him, and even arrange for Jonathan to meet him and join her in helping to bring him out of his funk.

Her second bad judgement was to start having sex with Richard. It almost certainly did not help to shore up his mental stability; in fact, it probably just made him more emotionally dependent on her. If Jonathan had been brought into the picture from the beginning, this almost certainly would not have happened.

Her third bad judgement was that she did not rehearse her first conversation with Jonathan, keeping Jonathan's likely responses in mind, to make sure she stayed on message and did not further inflame the situation. Her sole focus should have been on how the situation developed, and what to do next. She should have said that her relationship was based on her care for Richard, and never used the "love" word.

Her fourth incredibly bad judgement was to go to Richard after her blow-up with Jonathan. Go to her parents, her sister, a motel, anywhere but to Richard.

Even after the blow-up, if she had gone back and expressed remorse for her bad judgements, and proposed that she stop having sex with Richard, but continue seeing him (preferably in public places, often in company with Jonathan) to help shore up his mental stability, things could have worked out well for all concerned.

Of course, if Jonathan had remained such an asshole, so unwilling to get past his macho ego and get any insight into her motivations, then even if she had done all the right things after the initial blow-up, he might still have gone off the deep end and ended up making all of them miserable, including himself.

PlayswellwithotherswifesPlayswellwithotherswifesover 4 years ago
Niccie's story

I cannot find the original story. Could you tell me how to find it? James

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
As always

These stories often remind me of Jack Nicholson’s line in “as good as it gets”. “ How do I write about a woman? I think of a man and then I remove reason and accountability.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was brilliant

5 stars and funny too, some lol moments I had reading it also. Great writing and a complete contrast to how god awful the original writer story was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

No it's definitely not because you are a man. My opinion of the original is that Nici was off her rocker. Quite frankly it came across as revisionist history to me. I am not saying Nici was Susan. She said it was real people though and it was so ridiculously unbelievable that it felt like a manufactured ending the way the real Susan wanted it with some truth sprinkled here and there

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).