All Comments on 'Song for a Still River'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
dwoelfledwoelflealmost 6 years ago
Wow

Neat tale of a real “Lorelei”. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Completely turned off by the rape scene. Overall I liked it but my normal 5 for everything I've read of yours won't be coming this time. I abstain from a vote but hopefully if there's more down the road to her background for Lorelei

kee007kee007almost 6 years ago

The plot is amazing and full of possibillities. Unlike your normal stories it's really short. I can see you really wanted this to be short, it's crimping your writing style. I hope there is a sequel with much longer pages coming in the future even if it takes a year.

I'm really looking forward for your sequel of Satyr's play.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good writing, not in least erotic

I agree that the shorter style cramps the typical style we read from you. It is still good writing (far better than the average writer's), but it is more a tease when contrasted with your previous works. Interesting tie in to Satyr Play, too. Did not find this work to be in the least erotic. Looking forward to your future works!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
awesome

I have been a fan or yours for a very long time. Not everything can be flowers and sunshine. I do hope to see a tie in with Stanley. I think baba Yaga might have had a hand in here somewhere. Like another mysterious baby found for the right person to hide.....hmm.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
Nothing short of your usual excellence.

Thank you so much for the beautiful story. You are the man. Randi

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 6 years ago
Incredible story!

My hat is off to my favorite author. Thanks for this unique and fascinating creation!

BigYin1981BigYin1981almost 6 years ago
Excellent as per usual

Definitely on par with the rest of your work, I, like everyone that's read this so far enjoyed it immensely and i would be interested to read more about Lorelei. you have the talent to grab a readers imagination which is no small thing and you leave us wanting more. I've read everything here more than once and i no doubt will read this again. I think i can speak for all of us loyal readers when i say we are looking forward to more of your work, well done :)

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 6 years ago
Hmm

A fine story. A bit darker and mysterious than past works, at least to my recollection. I hope there is a future for this interesting character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Elegant story.

Very well written. Very enthralling.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 6 years ago
Excellent

Loved the story. Very Powerful.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant

First rate tale. 5* Slainté

mithanialmithanialalmost 6 years ago

Wow, just... wow that was really good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Seems a character like this could fit in the more supernatural worlds of a few other writers I've come across. LTPC most forward in my mind. As always you spin a tail that grabs the mind and lets us fill in the gaps. The awakening scene in the river though traumatic was powerful in it's own right.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 6 years ago
A very different tale from you

I largely enjoyed reading this tale, as I'm a fan of your other writings. I probably missed a thing or two, but while I feel you resolved the "Lorelei's mystery" as to what she really was and why things happened to her that she couldn't explain, I felt you lost me at several points, as if something was quite disjointed especially during the part Lorelei moved to the final high school, moving to her near shooting in the psychiatric ward. I'm inclined to think you deliberately fragmented those scenes to reflect Lorelei's fragmented memory of growing up, to the point of Dale raping her at the river. Everything after that point is very clear. Can't deny the poetic justice to those two buttheads and the molester Peter afterward. I never saw "Emily" coming, though.

I'm unsure if you have another piece that matches how dark this one is, but it surprised me for sure. Given the fact I'm not 100% as to why this story sidelines me in places, I'll refrain from rating and just leave this comment.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderalmost 6 years ago
Magnificent.

I loved this story. But you left so much open that I have to hope we will see more of the "Sanguine Siren?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Did not like

This story feels like the backstory of a caracther from another bigger story.

Board_StiffBoard_Stiffalmost 6 years ago
A departure from your norm...

First, I just want to say as usual, the technical aspects and writing are spot on as usual. I love your characters and the worlds you build around. You sir are a true artist.

That being said, the compression of this story, the transitions, and the pacing made it feel very rushed. In doing so I didn’t feel the same connection to what I feel could be a very complex and intriguing character. It is for these reasons I feel the rape scene fell flat and felt very troupy. While not always pleasant to read, I do believe characters need adversity to grow and develop. But, in the context of this story it just felt a little over the top and somewhat jarring. Had we had more time to invest in Lorelei as a character and been able to see more interaction between her and Dale prior to the scene I think it could have been a very effective and powerful reveal of her true self and been a major catalyst in her transformation.

I applaud you for taking a risk and trying new approaches and want you to look at this as purely constructive criticism. You are very talented and you have my utmost respect and I look forward to seeing your stories pop up in my timeline. Sorry for rambling, but I sometimes can’t help myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A very enjoyable tale

I have been a fan of your work since I read your first story. I think you have only become better since. Thank you.

I am pleased that you chose the German version of the siren. I felt it was a very good idea. I always thought about that tale, wondering what else could or be said. I hope that Lorelei joins your other characters in this huge magical world you are creating. Her story has a different dark twist than the others (Stanley and Nate) and you have left open many possibilities for her development.

Thank you again for your work.

JAFCritic

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago
Great

Love your writing and imagination. Thank you for a interesting story:) 5 star!!

northbaybearnorthbaybearalmost 6 years ago
Exceptional and Original

You are an exceptional storyteller and a generous spirit for sharing your extraordinary imagination with us. Thank you for an incredible story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another amazing masterpiece!!

You never fail to Amaze with your skill in the storytelling and eroticism

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you once again

I was so happy to see a new story of yours had been posted, as I have loved many of your previous works. This one was a bit different, but very well told, you ARE an outstanding story teller. We are blessed by your sharing your talents with us, I look forward to more fine tales,.. thank you!

rayironyrayironyover 5 years ago
Splendid

You are my favorite Lit writer.

I'm unabashedly grateful that you bestow you work upon us,

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
My honest and complete approbation.

I found bits of me in Ed, and then the Gardener. Now you have described a woman that I have longed to find. Fear not, Lorelei would be perfectly safe with me, and I with her.

You create wonderful people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Superlative as Always.

I'm sensing a theme though. Satyr Play. A Dark Heart. Might Baba Yaga have left an infant siren where she'd be found and adopted? I hope to see more of Lorelei.

GudredGudredover 5 years ago
Sometimes even the best authors rise above their other efforts

Wonderful, just ... wonderful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is your best work by far !!

The reader has to pay attention to every word, every sentence and paragraph. It is so much better than almost everything else on this site (including Queen Mab and the Millions). Keep up the good work, and thank you. p.s.The epilogue was stunning.

OleGrumpy7OleGrumpy7over 4 years ago
Damn, I mean seriously, damn!

No real sex for which I am eternally thankful. True plot and character development. Leaves you wanting more but extremely satisfied with the ending. Terrific job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
OMG!!!

I loved this story, and it's tie-in to your Satyr series was low key and subtle (for now). I can scarcely wait for Satyr 3 (coming soon,.. I hope and pray). So many questions that your next installment will likely address (,.. and maybe answer some of them,.. it's possible). I am so looking forward to your next story(s), please keep them coming, you are so wonderful for sharing with us, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Origin Story

I am impressed. I have followed your work for some time (I discovered it in March). You have a talent for mixing drama with eroticism and just the right mix of over-the-top action to make it vastly entertaining. Far more interesting than the dime a dozen "fast fap" stories littering this site. This particular tale has all the earmarks of a anti-hero origin story. Would be interesting to see this idea expanded! Thank you for your contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

iv been a fan for a long time i guess your stories just make me read i dont need to tell you how good you are you are well liked thank you best wishes a fan shayne

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Wonderful Story

I don't know why I waited so long to read this one? I am so glad I finally did.

gnome_mangnome_manover 3 years ago

This is a truly great story that I really enjoyed. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was a great story but the rape part was hard to read, but I was so taken in by the MC I had to power on through to see how this would end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An absolutely MASTERFUL balancing act of the said and unsaid. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Compelling and completely riveting, erotic horror imho with a healthy dose of Aaronovitch for good measure. Many thanks for writing!

blkuserblkuserover 2 years ago

I enjoy all your work and sometimes I just have to come back and re-read the great ones!

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

Astonishingly good. Only 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Fantastic read. Fits so well with the Satyr Henry universe. Thank-you

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

I’ll echo the Anon comment ref Aaronovitch, more than a dash in here I’d wager, that said, imitation and flattery etc, good company to be in! You had me in tears at the end though, art does indeed have the power to evoke emotion, I cry like a baby if I look at a certain painting for longer than a few seconds. Powerful stuff that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Darker than Satyr Play, although in the same universe..,Well done!

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 2 years ago

Wow! Powerful, evocative, sad, emotional, heart rending, unforgettable and disturbing but beautiful. Thank you BurntRedstone.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Loved it and of course I knew I would. 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’ve read a lot of your stuff - this, by far, was the most evocative (for me). I hope she plays a cool part in your future Satyr stories !!!

NovaMNovaMalmost 2 years ago

BurntRedstone strikes again :-). Wonderful universe he's creating for us, let's soak up his Wild Magic.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

A grazy rollercoaster ride ....... Honestly every rapist should meet a witch like lorelei ...... Yhis rape scenario was heavy duty reading stuff, but unfortunately felt damn close to reality ....... This was taken me with the intense Art you scrible those tales youiublish ....... It made my heart thumping

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

Enjoyed it immensely, Will a Siren be arriving to play with the Satyrs?

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

Enjoyed it immensely, Will a Siren be arriving to play with the Satyrs? Now we're seeing more character advancement. Will Sasquatch by showing up?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

No!

KerrionKerrion4 months ago

10/5!!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

Wonderfully intense!

Siteseeker020Siteseeker0202 months ago

A wonderful story, with unfortunate tragedy and sadness but finding a truth in the end. I would love more it works like this also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Innate immortal? How has the myths and legends of the Sirens in the Oddessy been recast to the navigatible rivers of Germany? Why are they about young beautiful girls who sing irresistible songs to mesmerized sailors who are doomed to pursue them? Even the little mermaid and selfies don't doom men.

scurvy4scurvy416 days ago

In this story Lorelei is more 3-dimensional than in the Satyr Play stories. A much better portrayal.

Very nice. Full marks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories