Sophia Continued Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dear Maria.

My girls Megan and Robin tell me that I have you to thank for getting them to accept me and what I have done, and still treat me as their mother. I thank you for doing that and for letting them feel that you are their friend. I am going to ask you a major favor, I hope you can see your way clear to help me in this.

I am planning to go public with the true story of Don's and my divorce and it is pretty certain that charges of perjury and other offences will result. Richard has warned me that this could result in my being indicted as a co conspirator and as I won't be fighting them, some time in prison. One consolation is that four others will be going down heavier and for longer.

To make sure that the machinations of my lawyer and his second cousin the judge are not swept under the rug; I will also be going public in the press. I expect that there will be some nasty name calling when the story is finally out and I will be the recipient of a lot of it. What I am asking of you and I know it is a lot, is that you help Don and the girls through this. Hopefully by the time this is over. The girls and Don will have a greater understanding of what drove me during all our problems.

The one thing I do know is that by my stupid actions I drove away the three persons I love the most. The more I live without Don makes me realize that I never stopped loving him. The greatest thing I could wish for is to have him by my side again, but I realize it isn't going to happen. Even if it did, I could never regain his trust, and I wouldn't blame him, because I would always be wondering if I could trust myself. Looking back, I wonder how I could have done to Don what I did. I know I was advised and helped to do it but I still have to blame myself, because when it boils down to it, I still did it consciously and with all my faculties.

The girls tell me that they think that you and Don are in love, but both afraid to say anything in case the other doesn't feel that way. Just a little word of advice. Don may seem the epitome of how to get things done, but when it comes to affairs of the heart, sometimes to get him to see the obvious, you have to get his attention first. As a metaphor, that is when you hit him with the two by four. You may have to go for it, but after you do you will have a companion for life if you want him.

Thank You

Barbara."

I slid the letter into an envelope, addressed it to Maria, and asked the girls to deliver it to her without Don knowing.

End of Part 1

12