All Comments on 'Space Hero'

by Maria24

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Crazy Imagination

That’s one wild imagination, girl! Are you daydreaming about these wild adventures during your philosophy classes? 😉

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Minor Point: Decimate = 10% Loss

Loved the humor in this. The stats at the beginning hinted at a gaming experience, as did the swopping/selection of body-type. Interesting that she briefly explored changing gender, yet stuck with what she knew. You left the framework loose enough that you could take this in several directions, and I hope you will.

BTW Decimated does not mean devastated or destroyed. It specifically means "removal of a tenth", from decem, the Latin word for ten. Killing 10% of an army still leaves 90%; it doesn't wipe them out.

The Romans used it to punish large numbers of rebels or mutineers, selecting one out of every ten men for death. The remaining nine were then forced to execute their former comrade, thus a horribly cruel punishment while still conserving personnel.

AmazonBeauty1966AmazonBeauty1966about 5 years ago
Imaginative ...

.... and intriguing with enough fantasy to make it wild! Definitely the most unique of your single stories thus far! Thank you!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaria24@Maria24
Bit older now than my nickname suggests (apparently, using your age when you register on a site might not be the smartest of ideas)...doing my Master's in philosophy while going between jobs, still having fun and trying to write, though free time has become a rare commodity. W...