All Comments on 'Spark the Runner'

by eidetic

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago
Wow

Fantastic story! I had to look up a lot of words lol, which is great if you have an inquisitive mind. Really original too. It’s funny if you read do Android sleep after seeing Blade Runner, it’s so different. Loved both

Thanks!!

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
R.U.R.

Almost forgot about that bit of literature. Thank you for reminding me, old T sapiens.

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago

Wow, another epic that had me thinking of Johnny Mnemonic so I had a young Keanu Reeves in my brain when thinking about Spark. You are correct Geeks Rule and you are among their leaders, good job!

eideticeideticalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@xelliebabex

Wow... high praise from a Lit author I hold in very high regard. Thank you! And I agree, Johnny M was awesome (of course, I've had a crush on Dina Meyer since Dragonheart). I also love Gibson's other works, like Neuromancer, Count Zero and Mona Lisa Smile. So many wonderful influences out there. Again, thanks for your kind words. Cheers!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
Well blended Cyberpunk

That was a great mash up of Phillip K. Dick, William Gibson, and Penthouse Forum. I gotta say though, the dash of Edgar Rice Burroughs at the end came out of left field. Some kind of foreshadowing that twist would have been nice. It was sort of a clumsy "Oh, I forgot to mention there are aliens" moment. Unless I missed something subtle. In which case, my bad.

Other than the abrupt change-up at the end, this was a really great Cyberpunk netrunner adventure, and I enjoyed it very much. I look forward to the next chapter.

eideticeideticalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous Post "A defense of an editor"

If you wish to post a personal attack, rather than constructive criticism, don't do it anonymously.

eideticeideticalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous Post "A defense of an editor" (part 2)

By the way, Anonymous, you lost all credibility with me when you stated that "butt" should be spelled "but." The part of the gun is called the butt and is spelled exactly that way. After that, examples would have been considered constructive, although I think you may have been in error there. Too bad we can't have a discussion about this in private (since you abhor comments "IN PUBLIC").

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeover 5 years ago
Not at all what I expected

I pulled this story from your works page and didn't pay attention to category. I have found many great stories this way.

. This is another great story. I am not a writer or an editor so I can focus on how you chose to pen your imagination. I admit it took me a bit to get up to speed, once there I did not want to stop. I look forward to the possibility of this continuing story.

Crusader235Crusader235about 5 years ago
Wow

Wow, this was a very different read for me. I'm not usually into Data Stream, or matrix type stories but this one kind of snagged me then hooked me totally. Very well done, your an excellent story teller, and I'm looking forward to your future chapters. Five Stars just ain't enough. Thank you for it.

M_grey555M_grey555almost 5 years ago

"Eidetic" i laughed my a** off when i read ur comments. Funny stuff. Before someone comments on a so called mistake that person should be absolutely sure that he/she/it actualy found a mistake.

P.S. this goes out to that rando guy that failed third grade spelling; Because you made an assumption you made an ass out of u and me. Get it butt ass. So how do feel champ

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Should have read this last year after the Geek Pride event. A good start explaining how Spark and Tonya met.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usereidetic@eidetic
I'm sorry I finished and submitted the latest Spark story so close to the Geek Pride deadline that it was delayed and missed the 25th. However, it is now published. I hope those who have been enjoying the series continue to do so with this latest offering. *~*~*~*~* I keep fo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES