All Comments on 'Spell, Crook and Handle Pt. 07'

by Lost Boy

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
dutch513nelsdutch513nelsover 8 years ago
Did it again

I love this story ! Top marks for a great read .On a scale of 1 to 5 it's a 100 in my book .Thanks again for a wonderful read and one hell of a story ......

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Plain and simple, i can't get enough of your writing. I wait with baited breath for any and all of your stories. I'd love to read more into the stormy series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FYI - Wrong word

In the first paragraph on page 2 or part 7, you use the word mechanizations. I think you meant machinations.

The word 'mechanizations' means to make something into a machine.

The word 'machinations' means to devise a scheme - usually evil.

Great story, by the way...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My critique...

Lost boy has talent, but I find this story unfocussed. The magical-technological mix seems to follow no structure. The main character keeps getting constant upgrades from seemingly nowhere and everyone he meets, gods, mortals and in between, loves him. The best characters have flaws that affect them negatively in a meaningful manner. His only flaws are his mortality which seems to be being systematically stripped away.

Now the positive. When focusing on events within the story and the situations of conflict the action and tempo improves dramatically.. With a bit of simplification I believe this story could improve.

I will avoid commenting on the vampires since I have an aversion to vampires in general.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 8 years ago
Brilliant

Loved it from start to finish what more can I say. Another 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can be difficult to follow

Although well written, the story takes too many. Left turns off the main path. The main character ses to be progressing way too quickly, and needs to become more focused.

The part about the jailbreak made me think "who the fuck am I reading about again?" At a few points simply because the details got fuzzy. You seem to like to leave the interpretation up the the reader, but sometimes this can be a real detriment as I have no clue what you're writing.

Bring the main character back to base and decide how he is going to progress. Right now he's lost his compass and needs to find it.

Also, am I the only one that completely missed the introduction of some characters? It seems like every character he meets is already on a first name basis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very big fan

Hey lost boy,

Wanted to tell you that I am a very big fan and am very happy to see that you're still writing. I found you from your "click" series and am currently enjoying your "iron rain" story. I am commenting just to let you know that there are many people on this site that are greatful for your dedication! I ask that your please keep writing!! Go back to some classics like click and Iron rain. They are great stories and you have an amazing mind for it!

Again, thank you.

- Mason

Lost BoyLost Boyover 8 years agoAuthor
Thank You!!

Glad you are enjoying my work. I am working on part eight of this series. I will go back to other stories eventually. I have ideas for other story lines so i may have to see about adapting them to existing characters. Thanks again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A TRUE WONDER!

This story is truly an amazing. This series deserves to be in a hall of fame, as does your other work. Truly amazing. Thank you for your body of work. They are truly a work of art.

Lost BoyLost Boyover 8 years agoAuthor
Part 8 submitted

I just posted part eight and waiting for approval. Its a long one, like eleven pages. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for the kind words and i am thrilled you are enjoying the series as well as the others. I am going to work on the next installment of A Brief Moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Only one more chapter left, no nononono!!! :)

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
I can't say enough...

About how good this story is! Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLost Boy@Lost Boy
22-08-23 Sorry for the extremely long hibernation. My heart attack and recovery have hit me harder than expected. To be honest, it will likely be a bit before I continue. I am struggling with meds and coherent thought at the moment. I'll do my best to continue with stories alr...