All Comments on 'Spies & The Theatre Mix Pt. 01'

by Miss_Amber

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
modern age

Join the modern era and times with your spellings. Your "theatre" should be "theater" in modern era placed stories. Your spelling went out 400+ years ago.

Miss_AmberMiss_Amberalmost 15 years agoAuthor
Spelling

For the one ANONYMOUS member who has already commented on this story. I would like to point out: you are obviously American. You speak and spell in American. I am English, and as such I use the correct ENGLISH spellings and grammer.

If you have a gripe with my spelling then I suggest you at least have the guts to use your user name instead of hiding behind your mothers apron.

I will not change the English spellings I have used all my life and that are correct in the English dictionary merely to please you.

And if you wish to take this further, then I suggest you also petition The Times or Telegraph who have theatRE reviewers, not theatER reviewers.

KOTKKOTKalmost 15 years ago
Theatre is correct.

I just typed "Thea" & mobile completed it with "tre". It IS the correct spelling. I always surf on a site called -- Internet Movie Database (IMDB). There the spelling used is "Theatre" & NOT "Theater". Both sound similar & definition of both words is same. By the way, the site is not 400+ years old nor my mobile phone. As far as story is concerned -- a very good story & I'm really looking forward for next chapter(s). And Miss_Amber don't waste your precious time. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Anonymous cunts & their comments suck

Your story was great, ignore this cunthole who hides his identity behind an anonymous tag.

KojoteKojoteover 13 years ago
Very nice one

I realized almost instantly that the story must take place in the somewhere victorian era.

Don't know how, but it felt this way.

Also you got the right atmosphere and wording for this.

Liked it.

Thank you!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
dittoing the compliments

M_A, I wish to congratulate you for avoiding the hollywooded anachronisms so common throughout Historical Romance stories. Especially erotica.

In my opinion, I would think this story is actually set in the Edwardian Period. Gaslights were still common but quickly being phased out for safer electrical lighting.

While the term 'Peelers' was originally specific to the Irish Constabulary and the Metropolitan Police were known as Bobbies.

Both were founded/reformed in the early Victorian Period by Sir Robert Peeler. Thus the slang names. I would presume an educated functionary such as Sir Drogoh might call the London Police 'Peelers' as a sort of inside joke.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous