All Comments on 'Spinal Meningitis is No Joke Ch. 02'

by LexxRuthless

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 6 years ago
Strokes are No Joke Either

I was in a coma once as a result of a MASSIVE stroke. It (the coma) only lasted for a couple of months, not a year like your protagonist. also unlike your protagonist, my genitalia's size remained the same as it had been before the coma. :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

you go from 2 full pages to one page.. this is too short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

Get a grip. No ones reading this story for the medical knowledge - who cares?

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
Still good

Building nicely

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
As ridiculous as CH 1 was...

this is just as good for storytelling and character development.

I'm shocked to find myself looking forward to a story after starting a silly pron :D

Wildwood55Wildwood55almost 3 years ago

I'm an Exercise Physiologist by education, I was a PE major during undergrad, and an semi-pro and professional athlete in different sports.

When I was in grad school in the '80's, (undergrad in the '70's; I'll be 68 in a few months.), we used to joke about doing research on sex as a legitimate from of exercise. It was always a lively and entertaining discussion, and frequently led to one or two pairs of my fellow grad students getting together, themselves.

We'd get into the weeds, research-wise, about getting funding, how you'd structure the study, etc, etc. None of us ever thought it could be seriously done, but it was good mental gymnastics for real research studies we were just beginning to do, and for some of us, who planned on PhD work, and a life of research. At the time, I was on that path, myself. I already had a school ready to accept me, and two faculty members who had agreed to be my academic advisors. I would be a PhD candidate at a medical school, which didn't do many non-medical PhD's.

Anyway, a job in pro sports fell in my lap and I didn't pursue a PhD; life and years went by. Not too long ago, maybe 10-12 years, I found myself about five years out of the tech world biz I'd been in for 14-15 years, was out of shape and over weight from sitting on my ass way too much building networks, computers, and maintaining them. My health was suffering, and I was showing my age in many ways.

Because of my years as an athlete, with many injuries, each knee having surgery, and a hip, one shoulder and my neck which SHOULD have had surgery, I couldn't just starting running or join an adult league to get back in shape. I needed both strength re-development, and cardio.

I learned in grad school that by ~33 years old, men lose the ability to develop brand new muscle tissue; basically, without steriod supplement, what you have by 33 is the most you'll have the rest of your life. (Steroids are too dangerous without medical supervision, and constant monitoring, I never consider it as a future possibility.)

So, at 30, I started lifting hard. I volunteered to teach weight training classes, and did everything i could to get as big as I could. I figured by the time I hit my mid-30's, I be as big as I could be, and if later in life I got hurt, or got a sedentary job, (both happened), and got put of shape. I'd be able to at least get back to what I'd developed by 33.

So, in my mid-50's, I found myself in just such a situation, but not able to just start running again, and then build myself back up through traditional exercise. I had gotten re-married by then, to a woman 14 years younger than me, and she hitting her peak sex drive. I was having a hard time keeping up with her, (she had never really 'discovered' or 'explored' sex before our relationship; most of her experience was self-induced. She'd only had one BF she was sexual with.)

I got to thinking about our grad school sex research discussions, and decided I had a test subject of one, didn't need funding, (I'd retired early, and my wife had a great paying job.), and didn't need anyone's 'approval' for the research. I explained to my wife my theory, and the entire back story, and she gave it her blessing. It was going to take more openess about masturbation, and a change in our sex life.

Sex, both alone, and with a partner, is, and can be, a very good form of both aerobic and anaerobic exercise. i've been able to regain much of my muscle mass from my 30's by getting started with sex as the sole form of exercise, then adding other, more traditional forms of weight training, as my strength recovered.

Same for aerobic training, if you can sustain an elevated heart rate for a minimum of 20 minutes, while involving at least 50-60% of your muscle mass, and do it 3-4 times per week, that IS aerobic exercise. And what fun exercise it can be!

It takes an adventurous attitude, and partner, but a partner is not a necessity, not with the wide range of toys available, today.

I've managed to regain the fitness of my 30's, which enables me to work, physically, building and rebuilding my house, and shop, at nearly 68, and work as hard, physically, as I did in my 40's. The majority of the exercise I did to regain, and to maintain my conditioning is either sex, either alone, or with someone.

Now, instead fo joking about doing research in the benefits of sex as an exercise, my wife and I have been joking about how to put together a completely NEW form of exercise; forget the gym, or Pelleton, this is exercise people will REALLY enjoy! LOL

On a serious note, I have also discovered the tremendous benefits of endorphin 'therapy'. Endorphins are elevated via pleasure and or exercise. It's one of the reasons both exercise and sex can put us in better moods, and/or make us feel better, overall. I've found raising endorphins via sex, even without climax, can do wonders for mild pain, (the normal aches and pains of aging), as a mood elevator, to change the direction of a day that's gone sideways, and actually to help reduce fatigue. (Bottom line: more sex as you age, not less. Sex to be more healthy!)

Maybe, one day, our society will become less puritanical, and the research can be done to prove my theories. It could lead to the 'coffee break' becoming a 'sex break', or 'wank break'.

Now, wouldn't THAT change the work place?

What if sex became a recognized, and acknowledged form of exercise; just think of how the world of gyms would change! It could create an entire new exercise industry revolution. LOL

So, the little tale of LR's isn't too far off from being reality than sex could be the basis for our young hero's first steps, and a continuing base level of exercise on his long rehab road. ME thinks four horny nurses may help him towards that path. LOL

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Enjoying this so far. .make a good harem story!!

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASover 2 years ago

Oh, hi!! Jeannie, the 6-foot-tall MARRIED nurse with black hair...she fits right in with this group of nurses...as far as looks, anyway...

Where will she "fit-in" otherwise...remains to be seen...I have my suspicions, tho'...

**5** Stars for another exceptionally well-written chapter! On to Chapter 3! Wwwwhhhheeeeeeee!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Perhaps I’ve been in hospital more than a few times, but there’s no way he wouldn’t be catheterized & the only thing he would be able to tolerate would be a little ice to suck on. Ruined the intent of the story for me.

Bill S.

Marklynda2Marklynda29 months ago

I guess there are worse ways to go than being fucked to death! Another well thought out and written chapter. I look forward to reading the next. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

blackknight314blackknight3148 months ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLexxRuthless@LexxRuthless
May 16, 2022: Hey. Sorry, folks, I have not written anything new in quite a while now. I've obviously got a lot of series in progress, languishing, and I have another dozen stories in various states of completion. I am an amateur, part-time author, and never expected to spe...