All Comments on 'St. Clair Ch. 02.5: Succubus'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Always great stories

When ever one sees Todd172's name on the production , simply stand by to be immersed in a modern day ( or not in some ) Errol Flynn style ' swashbuckling ' style , hold onto your seats , modern day extravaganza of action !

Well , maybe I spread that on a little thick , but Dammit, all of his stuff is Gold ! This one is no different .

Thanks for sharing .

5 *'s

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Just Great!

I had the pleasure of editing this, and it was hard, not because it needed a lot, but even on second and third reads I kept slipping into the story instead of doing my job!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
Always a pleasure

I have to admit this one was a little tough to follow. Yet, I couldn't give up on it because I knew there would be a reward by the end. As always, this one is well-written and entertaining. A good day for Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The bloom is definitely off the rose

This whole "St. Clair" is off the rails and this one worse than most. Time for a new idea, this one isn't good. No one is reading, voting or commenting on this. Take a clue.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Can't wipe the smile off my face

I really enjoyed the Red River Falls series by Soldierboy50401. St Clair has the same wonderful cast of characters. Different style to be sure, I love your great dry humor. Can't wait for more. Thank you.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 7 years ago
Drugs ruin lives

Drugs can ruin lives in so many ways. I know of one young man, smart and with a great life ahead of him, who went to a graduation party where his supposed friends thought it would be oh so much fun to dose him with LSD. Problem was he never came down from his trip and ended up confined in an insane asylum for the rest of his life. His life was destroyed, so was his family. I will never understand how anyone can say drug use is a victimless crime.

PygmyCohoPygmyCohoabout 7 years ago
Like the Characters

I like the characters. As more of their backstories are revealed, their interplay and relationships are setting strands in the web of small-town life. And I do appreciate the genuine humor.

Besides, someone must be reading this series or there would be no votes/comments at all. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lackluster

Just poorly conceived and executed. The choppy flow just didn't work and it's not interesting to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NIce

Good use of cutting room floor leftovers.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Appreciate much of this author's resume, but this narrative waxes forced and shrill

Talented author aims for Fargo on meth. It happens in exceptional circumstances, but if you go deep into the bones of the characters and just observe and report. The frenetic action and chaos is the spice or at most complimentary side dish on the entrée and not the main course itself.

Todd172Todd172about 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback!

All,

Appreciate the feedback - it's the only way I know what is working, and what is not

.

LSD: "Fargo on Meth" is going into my favorite comments file. Right next to Kimmi's "comic panels by someone on acid." and Anons "Bollywood" and "WTF did I just read?"

Anon(s?): Too bad you didn't care for it, but there's lots of great stuff out there on Lit so keep looking someone will suit you. For future reference, though, I prefer plumeria to roses.

Thanks again,

Todd.

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
So, big brother,

Your dirty mind is exposed! You prefer bikinis to flowers? I had no idea you were so kinky. I wonder if Mom knows? Have you booked the Plumeria webpage, so you can ogle the pretty models? :-)

Once again, you write a fine tale, somewhat like walking through the hall of mirrors, distortion in every glimpse. Through a glass, darkly, so to speak. Have you seen the painting, "The Scream?" Of course you have. You have a museum reproduction on your wall. You paint that, with words. Keep cranking them out.

NighttymstoriesNighttymstoriesabout 7 years ago
Once more into the breach!

You are a very good story teller. After reading several of yours I have finally got the courage to throw my hat in the ring and submit one of my stories, for better or worse.

Todd172Todd172about 7 years agoAuthor
Lil' Sis and Night

Lil Sis:

Bikinis are used to wrap some of my favorite things, so.... yeah I guess I'm busted. I actually saw The Scream some decades ago - I want to say it was the 1893 Tempura, but it's been a long time. Still, whichever version it was, it was an amazing piece.

Nice catch though, German Expressionism in art is the root of the film techniques that evolved to the Noir film style that I tend to echo in my writing style. Yeah, I managed to stay awake in class sometimes. It took a lot of coffee though. The Scream to Metropolis to The Maltese Falcon.

Night: I'll be looking forward to your story. Glad you threw your hat in. It took a long time for me to decide to take a shot, but it's been a blast.

Todd

Todd172Todd172about 7 years agoAuthor
Strange Relationships

Anon,

Actually, Kimmi and I were originally mortal enemies from rival clans. Through a strange turn of events we ended up locked in mortal combat in an abandoned temple in the jungles of Ratanakiri. She had the upper hand and was beating me with a cursed, fiery copy of Strunk & White, when we accidently released an undead Kruu Thmup - sorcerer - who was quite irritated and bound us forever as brother and sister. Very odd, I know.

At least that's the way I remember it, though I have had a glass or two of good port tonight, so the details may be a little off. The important parts are right though. Probably.

That said, I'll take the hit in ratings without complaint - normally people suffer by guilt of association with me rather than the reverse. Her wit may be somewhat acidic, but I'm a rather base creature, and she's rarely boring which counts for a lot when one is just here to have fun and tell stories.

Todd

Storm113Storm113over 6 years ago
Damn!

Now I don't know which story line to beg you to continue next! I really like these characters, but I really like the shack stories too. Guess you'll just have to go with both, please!!!! Thank you for your work. I appreciate the time you spend to entertain us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I love your stuff! Quite different from most material.

You cover some material that is relatively unusual for this site. I know someone who saw a bigfoot within 40 miles of St. Clair, MO. I would love to see how you deal

with a topic like that. There are relatively rare bigfoot sightings in the high plains. Thanks for your effort. Please keep up the good work. cowboy100

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
not bad

but I am not into all the bondage with the handcuff's and all that other stuff, but the other story line, about the girl who was thought to be a vampire was good

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
POLICE IN A SMALL TOWN

have control over the citizens, their secrets, their hopes. there lifes. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Interesting fun story

I was surprised how often police have to deal with naked people.

I'm glad in the real case the lady wasn't charged. I do hope the idiot who tried to rspe her was charged with everything and had to be pumped daylight for the rest of his miserable life.

Oh I liked the s tory but it could use another run through an editor.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 5 years ago

Wow, this small town's police force sees more action than Law & Order SVU. While I am sadden the events here actually happened to a college girl, I'm glad everything relatively worked out for her. She has her life and can hopefully moved on to a beautiful one. I am also pleased at the continual character development in the series and a look into their lives and special kinks. Cool beans man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Full Moon Nights

Retired LEO can attest to accuracy of full moon nights. Bizarre behavior is common and well known to all of us. Good, fun read that brought back some LOL memories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
These are excellent stories

These are excellent stories. Put them together they deserve a novel on kindle. I would happily have paid. Do it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superb

I know I’m late reading your work but agree you have talent

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
2nd Read

I am always amazed at your creativity. I Doubt there is another story like this on Literotoca. 5*

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

what can I say? good writin'!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it as much as I love every story Todd writes. He's just that good of an author that I've loved them all.

For those who want to throw their money at Todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

Well written story. As usual. 5 stars

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

To Doc Spirit 3:

Based on your comment, I just ordered the ebook from Amazon. Unbelievably it sells for a measly $2.99. I'd have gladly paid more. These two people (Todd and his Missus) must have hearts as big as the Montana skies. And you're right: who reads the footnotes on the Biography tab?

As for this piece, I am just falling in love with this cast of characters. 5 stars.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Disney and Hallmark channels, eat yer hearts out!

You folks come up with some great stories.

Thank you.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

You are a very talented writer. Enjoyed this one very much

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Great short story. 5⛤

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great short one... 5s for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant, nuanced, thoughtful, great dialogue, awith decent, thoughtful people.? A great read, and the women sound delicious as the cherry on top of the sundae

pseud277pseud277almost 2 years ago

Glad I read this chapter after the gloom of the Witch thriller. Made for some light reading and a bit of intrigue about the real life events its based on.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

And I’m really laughing out loud and chortling about the would-be vampire….

Just outstanding. 🤣

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Weird shit happens on police work. A lot of my family are LEO. A simple peaceful speeding stop ended with 38 felony charges... plus the speeding ticket. A guy doing 32 in a 30 driving strait and true a block and a half in front of an officer gets t-boned by a drunk woman that blows a pretty high BAC, but there is an empty container in his car and he blows 3 points higher, if it wasn’t for the Tbone they would never have stopped him. A guy loses control of his bike and strides 3 blocks against a concrete wall, he lost a leg and about the time they picked up the second leg and left foot the guy being loaded on the ambulance asks “where is my boyfriend?” . They found him over the wall of the overpass 40’ below. Lots of weird stuff and incidental discoveries.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Great and LOL to everything and of course, a full moon night.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Had me going for a while, thought maybe the apocalypse had started and I hadn't been notified, lol. All in all, a fun read that just goes to show how diverse humanity is and the things that can happen. I was a first responder for a number of years and can vouch that a full moon does bring out the nut jobs and weirdos. Good story.

IkiniGoStarIkiniGoStar9 months ago

"They practically arrived at the same time, finding Swede's car parked askew in the vehicle bay almost right next to the entrance to the station." Practically in this sense means almost. They didn't practically arrive; that would mean they didn't arrive. It should be "They arrived practically at the same time."

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Too damn funny. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another unique tale. Loved it!

Bill S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES