All Comments on 'St. Clair Ch. 04: The Angel'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
Crusader235Crusader235over 6 years ago
Wow

Wow Todd, what a finale! Definite five stars! I kind of the thought Marina might have come back even more when she recognized Cindy, and remembered some good times. Interesting that Angie is now going to destroy bad guys. Maybe more Marina and Angie tales in the future. Semper Fi!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
beautiful

im hooked reading this novel caliber story,I hope you wont stop writing stories regarding these characters with the anticipation that they got hold of lifes redemption that being corrupted by war.they maybe the remnants.hopefully the best there ever would be.have no words to describe how I felt but thank you from one happy reader.(cinder).

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
OUTSTANDING STORY!!!!

Not sure I have read any of the other parts, but if they are anything like this one I will read them, I usually do not read stories with this many pages, but by the end of page one I was hooked I had to find out what happened next and I am very glad I did

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you.

Glad you have given us hope of more to come. Good strong characters and great writing. A satisfying conclusion to this part of the series.

rml65rml65over 6 years ago
Outstanding!

I hope you decide to add more to this series later! Thank you for sharing your amazing stories with us all!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
An old VN vet MP

really likes your writing. Thanks

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 6 years ago
Outstanding!

Knocked it out of the park, as usual.

Thanks for a most entertaining read. Love your work.

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772over 6 years ago
Bravo, yet again

One more fantastic tale. You never, ever disappoint.

NighttymstoriesNighttymstoriesover 6 years ago
I have enjoyed this story

You are a very good writer. You draw us into your story and get us to care for the people you've created.

I hope there will be other adventures of T.J. & Tammi

Thank you.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
I'm Biased, But...

This is amazing! I had a hard time editing, because even on multiple reads I kept getting pulled back into the story!

I also feel that more stories about Marina and/or Angie would be terrific!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Like a Tarantino shootout

The old ones.... Reservoir Dogs, True Romance. Wow! Talk about girl power. TJ is a great protagonist, definitely my favorite. Outstanding characters. The Shack doesn't have anything on the Sr Clair crew. And what a tag team duo Marina and Angel - gasoline and matches or what? I'd like to follow them around the country for a while. Hint hint.

Thanks for a great series. *****

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Wow, that was outstanding.

I laughed out loud several times. The way you circled back to wrap up the dangling bits of story was amazing. I would absolutely love another story with these characters should you choose to share one. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Great follow up. Love the town pitching in

Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks Again

...and Again and again and again. The support and encouragement here has been just unbelievable from the very first story, from both readers and other writers.

This certainly won't be the last Saint Clair story; Angie and Marina definitely have places to go, TJ & Tammi have more to do, and, at some point, I really have to tell the story of Luther's War.

It will be a while though - I have many stories to tell and so little time to write.

I already thanked sbrooks up front, but I really do owe him for helping clean these stories up; he makes them readable. I also have to mention The Missus again; this whole writing thing was her idea in the first place. She not only continues to encourage me, she helps with ideas, characters, and plots

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WOW!

Awesome story!

jtaylor

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 6 years ago
Never fails to surprise!

Love all of your work, but really feel attached to these characters. Probably the veteran in me. Love to see the overcoming of the damage of war, we hear so much about the dehabilitation of soldiers, it is good to hear of the overcoming of obstacles, even in fiction.

Hope that you will find a way to keep this string of stories going, you left plenty of unanswered questions. Thanks for allowing us to share with you.

HenwynHenwynalmost 6 years ago

Long and great shaggy dog story! And cheap at twice the price! Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
awesome

Just love all your work, great stories well written, can't wait for more. A full novel maybe..?

ChrisTheCrookChrisTheCrookalmost 6 years ago
What a bittersweet story

So many broken people but in the end there was some glimmer of hope for them.

Thanks for writing this series and if you ever feel that there's something more to tell about St. Clair people's lives I'll surely read them, too...

-C

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 stars

please write some more about Tammi and TJ soon some of the best on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Taking care not to touch

I was good until that, i've read the packaging a couple of times

rlh100rlh100over 5 years ago
Does Marina overcome her demons

A story of Marina overcoming her demons would be interesting.

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Would be more stars if possible

Fantastic series !

I keep going back though all of your work to be sure I haven't missed any.

Any story related to the Shack is a must read for anyone who enjoys this series.

texquilltexquillover 5 years ago
AS USUAL - OUTSTANDING WORK

Todd, I've read this series a few times now, and I continue to be amazed at your ability to tell a story. Apparently, there's a special almost-hidden rhythm that you (and other super-talented authors) develop in your work that amplifies the impact of the tale and keeps the reader engaged.

The lead characters you've birthed are great examples of what we all imagine the human condition is - including their weaknesses, foibles, and strengths.

I regret that you haven't yet reached the point where you're able to turn you skillset into a full-time endeavor. Hopefully, you'll get there soon!

Thank you for sharing this great effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

So, will the anti-hero make a name for herself? Canibal Girl, seems like it would have a good run all it's own.

I remember when you just had the couple chapters up. Forgot aboutnit for a while. Found it again and read it through. Never even paid attention that there were others in the series. Going to look those up now!

Too lazy to log in ~ RWOFogu

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More please

I just finished the full St. Clair stories. Loved them all . I could really feel Marina relentlessly moving forward.

You’ve left several good avenues to pursue with follow up stories.

I have really enjoyed all your work on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Happily surprised

This series was way better than I anticipated. Every chapter just kept getting better, and more in depth, than the previous one. I think because of the way you developed these characters you could write enjoyable story’s about many of them, without the main character, you could do an erotic coupling about Ellie, she seems like a wild child, or

the back story on Luther, and agent cooper,and the best would be a erotic horror/ Halloween contest story about Angie in her future or her past.

Just some food for thought, keep the story’s coming, thank you.

Virgo6Virgo6over 5 years ago
Movie worthy

5 stars. I'm serious about the movie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great stuff!

Re read all the St.C series, found the stories even more compelling this time round.

These tales with the Shack stories form a formidable set of short reads.

You set the bar so high but every time you exceed all my expectations.

Thank you for putting your talent to view on this platform

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
<3

Thank you for sharing your stories!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyable series

I've rad a lot of the authors stories. This group feels different. More like an actual story. I like the characters too.

I would definitely like to see more on Candy. Also thanks for keeping the sex to two partners. The mass orgy has always seemed poor writing to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful.

Loved this series - characters, storyline, dialogue. Exceptional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More TJ

It is August 2019. Can we have more Tina James adventures, just begging! Also more Shack series. All your fans know you have a real life other than taking care of our cravings, but after all, you are the one who got us addicted. No one compares or even comes close.

RandAlThor66RandAlThor66over 4 years ago
Wow!

One of the very best series I’ve read here. Easily in my personal top 10, maybe even top 5. Thank you for sharing it.

OldNewAuthorOldNewAuthorover 4 years ago
Bloody marvellous

Just finished reading for at least the sixth time and was as enthralled as I was the first. It was the third read when it sunk in about the sugar maple. Very well done !

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 4 years ago
Not enough stars for this one and the series!!

If you don't write professionally - your talent is being wasted. The series was outstanding and this one was the best. 5* every time, favorite author. No one on this site does this better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Masterpiece

IMHO, you are up there with Lee Child for gripping readability. The absence of graphic sex is no problem at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Liked your Support of Vets considering Suicide!

I went thru phases like that, now I'm pushing 70, And Had a Coronary Artery bypass Graft, a couple years ago, I'm evaluating things ANEW! My kidneys are failing, but I knew they would, Diabetes Type 2, and I'm diagnosed with Heart Failure, Fluid is building up in my body.

(Hello Darkness My old Friend, I've come to talk with you again. Because a Vision softly Creeping, Left its Seeds While I was Sleeping, And the vision that was planted in my Brain, Still Remains, Within the Sounds of Silence.)

MM2 von Heppen

mower9527mower9527about 4 years ago

brother, that's one hell of story. strong work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Epic!

Brit vet here, open heart surgery, coronary bypass, type 2 diabetes but refusing to go down.

I have read this series four or five times now and find something new each time. It has been a real pleasure, way better than many 'best sellers'. Strong story line, strong believable characters.

My favourite character - Marina, she gets to me. I would love to hear more of her, and Angie.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Marina?

I thought for sure TJ would have Cindy out when Marina was at the cabin. Oh well, maybe in the next chapter. I can't express how much I love your writing. I'm starting my next go thru of all your stories. Semper Fi from this old Marine.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

Just finished it for the umpteenth time. One of my go tos, please write more, especially about needles and Delaney. Another Hollywood story would be cool too. Maybe about him and William in previous times.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 3 years ago

Brilliant! I have discovered your writing helps me cross many personal boundaries I’d thought inviolate. For example, if anyone had asked me if I liked ‘Lesbian Stories’ I would have said ‘no’. Not out of any bias, but mostly because I didn’t believe I could relate to the people involved. But now I realize that it matters less the type of people involved in the stories that how they are presented. You give your characters such depth and emotion, one cannot help but like and care about them (even characters like Angie). It’s not always a happy ending, but I feel for the people in the story, just as I would any living, breathing individual. I hope that makes me a better, more accepting person of those who dont look/act/talk/think as I do. My personal mantra is to do good by anyone who enters my orbit (well, maybe not my current Ex. I still struggle with her). At the end of my life, if that is all that is said about me, I’ll be happy with it.

Excellent as always. 5+*

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

Please, more needles, sheree, and dlaney stories

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 3 years ago
Damn!

Every time I read "The Angel" the adreneline goes up and i start cheering for "the good guys"....again. Love your work!

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Not an ordinary lesbian story

I almost passed by this one. I normally don't read gay or lesbian stories. Glad I read the first chapter. I WAS HOOKED. Should have trusted you since you don't write sexally explicit stories. This is a great series. Thank you! 5*

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 3 years ago

This is probably the best expression I’ve ever read of the old aphorism “Be very afraid of the ones who live when everyone else dies.”

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this series! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love the "Super Girls." I loved it as much as I love every story Todd writes. He's just that good of an author that I've loved them all.

For those who want to throw their money at Todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

Gadget61Gadget61almost 3 years ago

Loved this series. Such great writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really really great.

candykinscandykinsalmost 3 years ago

This was really an excellent story. It was so well written. The pacing was excellent, and the characters were so so vivid.

dennisjndennisjnover 2 years ago

As others have said it is a magnificent tale I'm just hanging out former of Marina and Angle.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

You tied all your characters together in an absolutely amazing finale to the series.

bob4300sbob4300sover 2 years ago

Fantastic story. Just, plain, fantastic. Great, great job.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

Wow! What a wonderful, charming, marvelous story! It is "dark" for sure, but dark in the cheeriest, most joyful manner imaginable. I've previously compared St. Clair, Missouri to Roslyn, Alaska per the great tv series "Northern Exposure," but the last couple of installments have upped the ante markedly.

True confession: I've always avoided the Literotica category labelled "Non-Erotic." I mean, what's the point of browsing through LitEROTICA? This series of Todd's and his Missus has made a true believer out of me.

Bravo! Indisputably 5 stars every step of the way!

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
Missed this the first time round...

...still kicking myself. So today I read all five parts at one go. Excellent throughout but the short piece that touched me the most was The Siren. I'd love to see this as a TV mini-series---with its list of very human characters, good and bad, it contains enough drama to please the most jaded viewer. Five stars for every part and every one of them deserving far more.

TrueLoveIsAllTrueLoveIsAllabout 2 years ago

That's really the kind of story I'd buy myself a book for. Interesting storyline, some erotic background, some kick-ass characters, and a lot of love. Really charming. Where the heck has the sixth star gone, I need to up the game.

Great stuff !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fantastic stories. Second only to Needles and Delaney. You should expand this into your second published work. I'll per-order! Then get out another Delaney book!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My older neighbor grew up next door to Cole Younger. Said he was a rude old man that spat tobacco juice on kids playing in the front yards. I told him Cole was a very distant cousin, he said "same here" So many great characters. You should intro Tina and move to TJ immediately, no variance. The piece on Swede studying asian restraint protocol was priceless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great writing and love the historical tie-ins. Plot was very engaging from the start. Keep up the excellent work. Judging from your details, you must have served. Thanks for your service.

Adam RightmannAdam Rightmannabout 2 years ago

5 for Ozzie!

Another great one, and I appreciate the Ozzie, it brings me back to my teenage years.

BluejayzzzBluejayzzzabout 2 years ago

This series, like all of your stories, is first class. Enthralling and entertaining. You should tie all your stories together, and get them published. Make some money from your talent as a storyteller

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Amazing story! Reading Luther's War prompted me to read this series.

5

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

I went through your LW stories a year or so ago, just now catching up on others....GOD i am glad i did. This has to be the BEST author i have read!

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

What a riveting story and, indeed, riveting series. I had forgotten I had read it before, but when the new story about Luther came out, it referenced this series, and here I am. Amazingly descriptive writing. The series would make a great basis for a movie.

mambrkemambrkeabout 2 years ago

I love a lot of your stories, but this one is the best, or at least in top three!

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

Read this again after Luthers war and it's still one of my favorite series

Slwagner73Slwagner73about 2 years ago

Well, once again, I have finished another of your "series", and so glad I did.

You're writing, and story lines are wonderful.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

I just don't know how you do it. Fascinating, captivating, a completely different world and so exhilarating when all these "damaged" vets pull all this tigether and survive against the odds. Would love to hear more of Marina's story.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

One hell of a good story! I had to think a moment, to recall what Tammi said to Angie. While I’d love to read more of the St Claire saga, this episode is very hard to beat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Came to this series as a result of the recently posted prequel. Just WOW! There are no other words. You remain my favourite author on the site.

Thank you

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 2 years ago

It's the layers and all the little sub plots that make this series so interesting. Sugar maple char....yeah!

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenabout 2 years ago

This is the best of the series and I now understand about Mae & Luther. Great work!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 years ago

Awesome!!!! Another chapter would be wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It needs a higher accolade then "love it". The combination of music, good and evil, suggestions of occult powers at work, and feminist super powers, along with the strong community make it rank with the best I have ever read, and I include Nobel prize winning writers in that comparison.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love everything you have written. Been there and done that. Seen all the gory shit in southeast Asia. Born and raised on the same ranch 5 generations before me. In the piney woods and hills of East Texas.

MisterMordinMisterMordinalmost 2 years ago

This would be an absolutely awesome movie. Forget Jack Reacher, TJ and Luthor rule. Should rewrite this as a screenplay and send it to Hollywood.

Brilliant work as always. (and this is about the 5th or 6th time I've read it).

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Very

A very good story.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed reading the story, and the diversity of characters.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Read the St.Clair series last since they didn't look to be too interesting but boy was I wrong! This little town sure has a violent bunch of characters in it I was confused from the beginning to the end but unable to stop reading.

Worth more than 5 stars but ........

AmbisinisterAmbisinisteralmost 2 years ago

Mariana and the hitchhiker? More, please

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 2 years ago

Having read "Luther's War", have to ask if there are any Cooper's left to annoy him and Mae?

JimDiamondJimDiamondalmost 2 years ago

Wow ... simply great. By the way, there is really no such thing as an old shoddy Glock. Even if fired over a hundred thousand rounds, they still work great. Funny, the only Glock I have ever examined that had been fired more was a re-sale cop gun from the Springfield, Missouri Police Department. Close to where this story is based. AND, It was issued to a woman police officer. While the Glocks issued to the men in that department (I had bought five of them) were in almost pristine condition. She clearly had fired that service weapon several hundred thousand rounds. Anyone who shoots that much in practice has to be damn good at shooting one. I thought of her when reading about TJ in your story.

Seriously Todd, your writing is easily as good as Brad Taylor or Mark Greaney. You damn sure need a better agent and to be working on real books. I just flipped back and forth reading about Greaney's "Gray Man" and this series of yours. If anything your characters are better. Though Greaney does have a bit better appreciation for Glock pistols. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I started this story when it first came but due to the length of time between chapters, never came back to finish it. Until Luther's Wars.

This story is not only engaging, it is absolutely hilarious as well as educational. The lesson being, when you come to the south, don't shoot at people...we shoot back.

Thanks again Todd.

Doc

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Simply awesome, we knew roughly what was going to happen, but the pace of the build up and the ineptitude of the bad guys made it something to relish, I’ve listened periodically to “Crazy Train” since it’s launch, but never pictured it as a rival to “Ride of the Valkyries” from a helicopter, I’ll definitely never hear it again without thinking of Marina Pruitt.

Many thanks for writing and posting here on Lit, cheers Ppfzz. 5⭐️ Naturally.

drtuay71drtuay71over 1 year ago

LOVE this story and the whole ST Claire epics LOCE these characters. WOW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I've enjoyed ths series as much as the Shack stories. This would make a good story for Amazon. I would love to see more in this genre. Thank you.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

WOW! Thank you. Great story telling.

KayaknhKayaknhabout 1 year ago

Damn, what a ride. Loved it.

Thanks

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Excellent. funny at times also. Lots of great characters, thanks.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 1 year ago

Loved the series. Would want more but it reached a fitting conclusion. Thank you. Great writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yep, I was right. Truly a gift! Please Sir may I have another?

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

I was trying to figure out how all the bits and pieces could be pulled into any sort of a story. Good thing Todd172 is the author and not me because he made it work. There's enough humor in this story to offset some of the darker crap that went down but in the end the good guys came out on the winning side, except for Andrew at the bank.

So nice that some loose ends, like a POS Senator, was taken care of. I may have to go back are read this one again just so I don't miss anything. Another five stars.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon11 months ago

Perfectly plotted and totally engrossing. I've enjoyed the whole series, but this was a superb finale.

Ghostno21Ghostno2110 months ago

Brilliant series with a truly epic last chapter. Many thanks for sharing your story telling genius with us Todd172.

peter944peter94410 months ago

Such a rich storyline, I hope you continue it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

And I thought The Shack was a good series :) Not usually a fan of series on this site, but I have to say I love your work. Love the Shack, but I definitely love St Clair more. I think its the fact that all the characters are more cluster geographically so they're all present in every story. Its funny, clearly TJ and Tammi are the "main" characters but Im invested in all of them and Im dying to hear more about them all... Like Ellie and Harlon, Succubus was a nice touch, but I want to know more about how she managed to hook the town's choir boy. I want to hear the stories about Mae and Luthor and their faithful puppy. Swede and Jenny obviously, but also Marina and Angie. I swear when you revealed that Cindy the cashier was Cindy Angel I thought she'd be the Angel that brought back Marina, but I love the idea that it's going to be Angie that helps her out. Can't wait for the reunion when Marina returns to the FOB with a hitchiker xD Please keep writing, and I promise to keep reading!!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

3td r 4th time reading these stories. Luthor's Wars and all of the Shack series too, right thru The Milk Run. Bought your Amazon book "Needles and Delany" too. Thanks for better than excellent stories.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES