All Comments on 'Star Seed'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
JohnCKJohnCKover 6 years ago
5 Stars

Wish i could give it 10..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

this was even better than your "the snow maid" story, great writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome !!!

In my 60+ years on this planet I have never experienced such a marvelous, exciting and uplifting tale as this. IMO you have created a wonderous vision of hope and love beyond any that I can even imagine.

Thank you for allowing me to experience the incredibly nuanced composition presented here. I will seek out any others that you have created with the hope that I will be as entertained and moved as I was by this one.

Please, please search that wonderfully complex intelligent mind that you have and present us with another well developed concept as this sometime in the near future.

Thanks again for your efforts and sharing this beautiful story !!!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Fantastic . - . In a good way

I could not have predicted the ending based on how the story began. The initial despair, darkness, and hopelessness did not signal universal joy and happiness.

Thanks for the story

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Well written story with an interesting idea.

The idea feels like something Neil Gaiman might have thought of. I hope you take that for the compliment it is intended. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
If you liked this one

The Neil Gaiman story you are thinking of is "The Heart of a Star", from the "Endless Nights" collection. I don't know (or care!) if you read that before you wrote this, but it's well worth looking into if you haven't. Either way, it's still a wonderful variation on a theme. Beautiful story, five stars.

BenLongBenLongover 6 years ago
Very nice

The first story I've read this time that i found truly is deserving of being a winner. Interesting premise, well written and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I... Damn.

I'll start with this: one of the few things in my life that I actually have an ego over is my ability to write. I like to think of myself as a talented writer, and there are very few stories on literotica that actually impress me with the quality of writing within. I say this not to be egotistical, but to provide a perspective when I say:

I wish that I could write as well as you do. The mechanics of writing are easy, but your craft with both the idea, with your dialogue, and the use of just the right amount of description is incredible. It feels like your writing has dozens of pages of backstory behind it; that you were telling a tale set in a world, not just coming up with a story.

You should be proud of this piece, seriously. I'd love to see you continue it, if there's a way of doing that while still retaining the right 'feel.'

(Also, please ignore the anonymous poster who bragged about giving it one star. It's pathetic that he saw this as preaching anything, and shows you just how much those folks are projecting when they complain about millennials being triggered snowflakes.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well...Damn.

This story was the first i´ve ever read, on Lit or elsewhere, that i could not find a single fault with. Seriously! The language was masterfully crafted, from beginning to end. I did not see a single misuse of any abbreviated words, or other ones. I found the story, and characters Very compelling, even the bookstore owner and her family. Everything about it is so well written, and so well composed that, i find myself at a loss for words to describe how good it is. Whoever you are, Be proud of this story, and your skill. You are certainly the most talented writer i´ve seen here on Literotica. Thank you so much for this Masterpiece, it was a joy to discover.

BaelnornBaelnornover 6 years ago

Great and generally well written and enjoyable story, but I'd like to comment on two things.

First, the year on the last page should be at least 20 years further in the future. From what I could find out online, the Hyatt Place in Des Moines opened in 2010. Assuming that the story takes place that very year, it would take any light (and thus information) from Chara's system until 2036 to reach Earth for astronomers to observe, unless you want to add some kind of time travel to the mix.

Second, the restrictions placed on the stars' souls makes the whole thing seem like a really shitty deal. The thought of having to live millions of years (possibly even longer), while never being able to really interact with or help others doesn't sound that good. Being forced to watch terrible atrocities being committed while being forbidden to intervene... it reminds me of the famous quote attributed to Epicurus (especially the second line):

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

I know that "playing god" often leads to disastrous consequences (like with Star Trek TOS's Apollo character), but complete isolation and non-intervention is in my opinion an equally bad extreme on the opposite end of the spectrum. But that's just my 2 cents. ;)

Glaze72Glaze72over 6 years agoAuthor
Arrggg!

I cannot BELIEVE I didn't notice the speed-of-light issue on the last page! Thank you for pointing it out. Of COURSE people on Earth wouldn't have been able to see Andi's star light up until years after the fact. CURSE YOU SPEED OF LIGHT!

In all seriousness, though, thank you so much for all the comments. I appreciate the support.

Crusader235Crusader235over 6 years ago
Wow

Just Wow, far out man! Amazing story of how Stars are really born. Eat you heart out Hollywood. Just a great piece of fiction! Five Stars, and thank you for it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the very best!

I’m both a SciFi & Erotica reader and this ticked all my boxes - even a mention for L.M.Bujold - a favourite of mine. Quite frankly one of the best stories I’ve read on here. Ever. Please keep writing Glaze 72, you have the gift.

Ragnar0587Ragnar0587over 6 years ago

I must say that you can certainly spin a good story. I have greatly enjoyed all that I have read so far. If you are publishing under another name, please let me know. If not, please start.

Ragnar0587Ragnar0587over 6 years ago

But then again, I just discovered the Alana Church pen name. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hail Newton

It is nice to see another fan of Sir Isaac Newton.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
DAMN!

This story was indeed unique. There is absolutely nothing like it on this site and for that I am most happy because this was a breath of refreshing ionized air! In short, beautifully done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow...

Such a lovely concept. And Baelnorn was right about the lack of mistakes (all but the speed of light issue, that is) but completely missed the point about the non-interference issue: they can't interfere with THEIR OWN planets, but with permission they CAN interact with and even help life on other star's planets. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours...nice concept.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 6 years ago

What a wonderful love story! It was very moving. You have a very good grasp of the ebb and flow of a story, how to capture your audience's attention, and how to finalize it at the end. There are probably more stories you could give these two, but I think I like the ending just the way it is.

A star has been born. Wonderful, please keep writing!!!

jmcharl1jmcharl1about 6 years ago
One of my favorites

A warming story with a unique plot. You got my attention and by the end of the first page; I wanted to read the whole thing. Thank you for one of the best love stories i’ve read on this site in a long time.

P.S. I hope to find more stories from you equally as captivating . . . no pressure though 😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
absolutely...

one of the most beautifully amazing stories that I have ever read.

Short, but the quality more than made up...

Thanks for your time and talent!

taco1085taco1085about 6 years ago
wow

what an amazing story, i am not sure if you will continue this story but i sure enjoyed it. it would be neat to read how Andi enjoys being a star and how she fairs in her travels all over the universe. also if she ever took chara like chara took her with a man form.....

thanks for a great read..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

> Obama and Hillary Clinton were my heroes.

She was fucked before she even started.

phlxxlphlxxlabout 5 years ago
Hey! Wow!

Is this Philip José Farmer reincarnated?

Very good story

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
Wonderfully done!

And beautifully written! A wonderful love story! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Are you a fan of Diane Duane's by any chance?

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarover 4 years ago
I love it when erotic Sci-fi meets a beautiful romance!

What more can I say? This story was truly beautiful. Others might have read something similar, but to me it was truly unique, and I loved every second of Chara and Andi's romance.

Thanks for letting us live with them for a little while. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing story!

One of the best stories ive read in a long time and its even based on a girl from a town less than 30 miles from where i live. It just makes it all that better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
damn

possibly the best lesbian story ive read on this site

rayironyrayironyover 3 years ago
Fanciful, erotic

and rather ambitious...good. 5*

Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

Superb. Moving. Fantastical in a brilliant way. Erotic and well-written. What more can I say?

kiwianne12kiwianne12over 3 years ago

Wow! What a story. Breath taking. Erotic SF someone above said. I loved it and couldn't put it down until I finished.

kiwianne12kiwianne12over 3 years ago

I keep thinking about this story and now read all the comments.

Your mistake about the light-years. It's not a mistake unless you allow it to be. This is fiction, fantasy. Just as in my case, I tend to allow characters too many orgasms (perhaps because I like orgasms), in your story, are we going to allow a minor detail like 15 light-years to get in the way of what is otherwise a great story?

Anne.

eragon43eragon43about 3 years ago

My god, it's... Amazing!

Seriously well done! Very creative, well written and intensly erotic. Amazing story, cant wait to read more of your work.

jalford764jalford764almost 3 years ago

I was like nice story. But then the humans saw the light of a star being born. But that should take some 26 years for them to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

awsum story 5 stars isnt enough at least 10

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

The hopeless romantic and the scifi nerd in me are thrilled. I really enjoyed this.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Totally agree with @Nerdyqueen94, as a romantic at heart, but also a sci-fi nerd I love this story, it touches on several of my favourite tropes, it could do with either sequel or prequel though, explaining how some people can see their aura and others can’t etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Masterful!

Wildwood55Wildwood55almost 2 years ago

A delightfully enjoyable tale. The second of your works I've read, Gaelic Goddess being the first; you have a rare talent, you write well technically, have a vivid imagination AND an inanate sense of the human condition.

Work hard, develop further, and you will produce truly stunning works.

My best wishes, and thanks for sharing.

GeoD

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

What a pleasant twist. I don't normally read lesbian stories but this one kind of slipped in, and I'm happy that it did, because I enjoyed it very much. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonderful

UncertainTUncertainT8 months ago

I really enjoyed reading this story. Just the right number of ingredients to make a very satisfying read.

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind5 months ago

Fresh and wonderfully innovative! I loved it!

PurplefizzPurplefizz3 months ago

So well done, original, compelling and utterly beautiful! It’s my second time of reading this, but tbh I loved it just as much as the first! 5⭐️ Many thanks for both writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...