All Comments on 'Star Struck Ch. 04'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
GobletHolly182GobletHolly182over 11 years ago

ha, part of me was wondering whether justin's mom had set them up on purpose! guess not. i like the in depth exploration of all the reasons why this relationship is a bad idea, which of course is the perfect set up for the guys to be like - fuck reason, we're in love! the situation might be tough, but both boys seem to be fairly wise and level-headed individuals, so i have high hopes for them. you do a good job of making chris out to be a real person, not some gorgeous cardboard celebrity. the end of this chapter was really very sweet; sex is well and good, but cuddling sans sex brings a relationship to a whole new level! that said, i'm looking forward to seeing who tops first:) my money is on chris.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awww

I love this story! Its amazing. I love your writing and can't wait for the next part. The fact that they're facing such big issues is so sad but you write it brilliantly. This story is probably a version of a fantasy that more than likely every person on the planet has alteast once. I can't say how amazing it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This chapter felt short even if it was a natural place to stop. I feel sorry for the boys.

hotlover69hotlover69over 11 years ago

wonderfull. a very nice love story in the making. i dont care where this story goes as long as its a happy ending. other wise i will be crying for a week l o l roll out the next chapter soon x x x x x

musicfreakmusicfreakover 11 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Thanks. I really tried to give both guys a real personality. For Chris I tried to make him seem like a normal guy and I'm glad you thought he seemed that way. As for who tops, you'll have to wait and find out. Lol. I'm also glad that you guys felt the sadness I was trying to put across. I wanted the characters to feel lost and hopeless in this case, which is further explored in the next chap.

As for a happy ending, in every story I write I try to make it a happy ending. In instances where I do not make it a perfect happy ending with things all falling together, I do try to make it lighthearted so as to not bring too many people down. There's enough negativity in the world, and I don't need to add to that.

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

I also though Justin's mom set them up, but I guess not. I disagree with her advice to Chris. As his manager, she should want him to be happy, not keep part of himself in hiding. No secret like this can stay hidden long in today's world. I would advise Chris to come out at a time and place that is under his control and just be prepared for some fallout. For every role he loses, there will be others waiting for him if he's that good an actor. I like both men and look forward to reading more about them.

musicfreakmusicfreakover 11 years agoAuthor
@ avidreadr

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I just feel that the first job as a manager is to take care of the career of your client, not your personal life. That being said, Jo is Chris's friend too hence why she just gave her opinion and not forced it upon him. She let him decide on his own because it is his life. It's just her job to make sure Chris knows exactly how it will affect his career. Of course, as mentioned in the story, she would be happy if he decided that he wanted to stay with Justin. She is Justin's mother and she wants to see her son happy too afterall. I hope this clears up anything. :)

secretsidessecretsidesover 11 years ago
Bittersweet

Ah, you have left us in such a bittersweet place with this chapter. I'm not feeling the love towards Justin's Mom, but that's an agent for you. :o)

I was surprised to hear you are leaving for a bit, but thrilled that you will not leave us hanging. Love your work and thanks for sharing.

Best wishes for your future and 'hurry back'. You will be missed! :o)

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

@ musicfreak

I guess you can see I have no personal knowledge of what agents do. But if Chris isn't happy, that could affect his work negatively, so I still think an agent has to be marginally concered with her client's frame of mind.

canndcanndover 11 years ago

I thought you did a good job of having the mom balance the mom/friend/agent relationships. I, too, am only going on what I would assume an agent has to do. I agree, that she has to be an agent first. It is her job to help Chris have a successful career. It would be nice if she could play a happy mom first/agent second, but that wouldn't be right given she is being paid to do a job and his success will also affect hers.

The reality is that it is easy when 'in love' or falling in love to forget reality or see it through that happy lens. Being involved in the 'business' she must know how hard it is to do the relationship thing, so she must be worried that her son's life would change so drastically and a mom doesn't want her child hurt. And Justin has always shown a disdain for actors to boot. So, I think she did a nice thing by saying she'd support them but that she also tried to shed that light of reality on it. I think she'd be happy for them if they felt they could make a go of it and she'd stand by Chris through the fallout.

She just wants both of them to think it through clearly and we all should be reminded of that when getting into a relationship. it's so easy to overlook the reality and get caught up in the newness/romance of it all. Good job. Look forward to more.

WittePietWittePietover 11 years ago
This story gets better and better

Reality has set in. Any relationship between two men with different careers is going to give stress, even leaving out the problem of Chris's public image as an actor. They are such sweet characters, and one wants the best for them. It will be interesting to see how you resolve this as the story develops.

TimothyMTimothyMover 10 years ago
the intrusion of harsh reality

cuddling and hot sex in the shower - this chapter started out so well, but all too soon the real world intruded. Justin's mum had the hard duty of pointing out the potential problems - and now we know she didn't set them up. Even if she thought they might be right for each other. Oh and I liked Jess, she is obviously a good friend and a clever woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I just don't like his mother much in this one

she's been pushy and demanding before, but this is more than just being an irritant. The way she followed them home, demanded to talk to them, and then lecturing them about things they already thought of. It's demeaning. did she really think they weren't being adult about it and weighing the possibilities against the consequences?

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago

I hope they can work through it, life is hard at times. Making it though on relationships especially those starting out... I hope the boys find their way thru - we only get one shot at life, they need to take it.. thanks looking forward to the next chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous