Staring at the Sun Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jake saw my reluctance and smiled. "I mean it, Louise. It's old and ramshackle but there are six bedrooms. You wouldn't be in my way."

"Well, thank you, it's very kind of you to offer."

"Plus, Richard and I have lots to catch up on."

I sipped my drink and Richard returned, accompanied by the waitress. She was looking pink and her eyes sparkled and I knew she had been exposed to my husband's considerable charm. A trait he managed to turn on and off at will.

Once the food and wine had been ordered Richard and Jake settled down for a long talk, their reminisces of University life meaning nothing to me. It had been ages since I had seen my husband so happy and I felt a twinge of sadness that his life at the moment caused him so much stress. I was largely ignored but I felt Jake's eyes on me time and again as he tried to include me in the conversation. At one point I slipped out to telephone my mother, her warm tones making me feel tearful again. I realised I was tired and hoped that a good night's sleep would help me feel more optimistic in the morning.

When I returned, Jake looked at me warmly. "So tell us about the family, Louise."

I smiled and glanced at Richard who waved his hands at me. "It's all credit to my wife, Jake. She's wonderful."

I couldn't believe my ears. My husband rarely paid me compliments and I knew that this was just an image for Jake's benefit. He was playing the successful, happy family man, revelling in the idea of himself as an indulgent daddy.

"Well," I paused and returned Jake's gaze. "We're very lucky. Two beautiful children, a lovely house in a quiet village. You know how it is."

He took a gulp of his beer. "Actually I don't, Louise. My wife's threatening to divorce me and I never see my kids."

Richard spluttered over his pint and laughed. "Yeah, Jake. I don't believe you."

"It's all true." But he grinned and winked as he met my eyes.

"Come on then, Jake. Tell us what you've been doing the last twenty years."

"Oh, not much really." He leaned back in his chair and smiled. "Made a fortune, and lost it...made it again."

Richard looked interested. "That sounds a bit dodgy!"

Jake laughed and I couldn't help smiling. He seemed so relaxed and content and I envied him his lifestyle.

"Tell us about your farmhouse, Jake."

Over the meal, he told us the story of finding an old house buried deep in the French countryside, surrounded by fields of poppies and ancient vineyards.

"It's truly beautiful but it needs a hell of a lot of work doing to it. My wife thinks I'm mad to buy it..."

"Is she there now?"

He looked at me and smiled. "No, I can't drag her away from London very often. She's going to join me in a couple of weeks. If she can be bothered."

A look of pain crossed his face briefly and I wondered at the true nature of their relationship.

"She just wants to turn it into some upmarket version of our London house and I want it to remain French. I guess she'll win."

"So, how many children do you have?" I took another sip of my wine and listened as he told us about his three children.

"They're away at school at the moment but I'm hoping they'll come with their mother when she flies over. I don't see enough of them."

"Boarding school?" I asked, wondering what he did to be able to afford fees for three children.

"Yeah, they're boarders and I miss them like hell, but it's a family tradition. They seem happy enough."

I thought back to my two, and though there were times when I wished for a break, the thought of them away at school was unbearable.

I yawned, the long day finally catching up with me. "I'm going to go to bed," I told Richard. "Sorry." I looked at Jake and smiled. "It's been great to meet you. I do remember Richard mentioning you and the scrapes you both used to get into."

Jake laughed and stood to kiss me goodbye. "You're welcome at the house, don't forget. I'll give Richard my mobile number and you can let me know when you'll be near. It'd be great to see you again for a couple of days."

I thanked him, but inside I dreaded the visit. There was something about Jake that I found very dangerous...

*

I went up to our room, leaving the men to enjoy a post-dinner whisky in peace. My eyes were sore and tired and I yearned for a long hot bath, but made do with a shower instead, the gushing water chasing away the tension in my arms and shoulders. When I emerged from the bathroom, Richard was there, his face alight with goodwill.

"What a coincidence! I can't believe that Jake was here at the same time as us!"

"Hmmm, yes it's a bit strange," I commented as I went to pull on a nightdress from my overnight bag.

"Hey, don't bother with that," Richard said softly, making his way towards me. "Remember what I said about trying this bed out?"

I felt that flicker of surprise again as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the cheek. I felt so tired but some slow sleepy sex would perhaps put the day back onto a better footing.

"I remember," I murmured and ran my fingers lightly down his back. He shivered and kissed me again, his tongue parting my lips and pushing inside, seeking the warm softness of my mouth.

"It's been a long time," he whispered and I nodded. I could feel his erection through his trousers and sensed the old familiar twist of desire begin to grow within me.

"Let me just have a quick wash and I'll be back," he murmured into my hair and I released him from my embrace, seeing the darkness of his eyes as he kissed me again on the tip of my nose.

The bed was huge and comfortable, the covers heavy and expensive. I pulled back the bedspread and slipped between the cool sheets, sighing in pleasure as I relaxed against the soft pillows. I wondered if we would be able to maintain this luxury throughout France and hoped so. If this was the effect it had on my husband my wishes were on track to be realised.

I closed my eyes and immediately my head was full of the journey, the stress and the tension we had been feeling all day. Willing myself to relax I stroked my breasts, enjoying their fullness and feeling that tingle again. I heard the toilet flush and water running and then Richard appeared at the door, a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

I looked at him, my hands still making lazy circles around my erect nipples. "No, I'm fine. Come to bed now."

He grinned and let the towel fall to the floor, his erection standing proud as he made his way around the bed and climbed in.

"Leave the light on," I said and pushed the covers back so he could see my breasts and the soft curves of my stomach.

We settled into our easy familiarity, his hands exploring my body, knowing just where to stroke, his lips warm on mine, while I ran my fingers over his velvety hardness.

As I opened my legs and he slipped inside, I closed my eyes and concentrated on the pleasure he gave me, our movements in perfect unison as he took me on a journey of delight, my sighs and moans sounding loud in the quietness of the room.

He came before me, his face twisted with the pleasure he felt and I pushed back at him as he erupted inside me, his warm juices filling me up and satisfying that yearning that had been a constant companion over the last few months.

He relaxed finally and apologised. "Sorry, love. It's been a while and after today..." He rolled over, his fingers searching out my wet vagina and stroking my swollen lips before probing inside.

"Come for me, Louise. Please."

My fingers found their way to my clitoris and I rubbed in small circles as Richard's fingers glided in and out, his eyes closed in concentration. With my left hand I pinched one of my nipples and the feeling ran straight to my groin, accelerating the orgasm that hadn't been far away when he had climaxed. I cried out my husband's name but a sudden image of Jake filled my head as I came, a thought that was as shocking as it was unexpected.

*********************************

Chapter 2 will follow very soon. Please tell me what you think. All comments will be answered and I appreciate all feedback.

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
8 Comments
MindthetruckMindthetruckover 5 years ago

Can't believe that I've only now come upon this story.

It's beautifully and realistically written. Believable, with full-bodied characters. Anyone in a long-term relationship or marriage, with the inevitable rough patches, will recognise the feelings, frustrations; innocent remarks that carry so much baggage.

I'm hooked and can only hope that all works out well for them (and for all of us in similar situations).

Gus AsparGus Asparalmost 18 years ago
promising...

This is very promising. Can't wait to read chapter 2!

jqhackjqhackalmost 18 years ago
Staring at the Sun

Janie, great job on chapter one. I can already see great potential in all the characters. Even at such an early stage they seem well rounded and thought out. I can't wait to see more.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Off on another journey of adventure!!!!!!

Well Janie, it looks like the start of another fine story, however your heroine's apprehensions regarding Jake and the coincidence etc. also has me worried and has my imagination working overtime. I hope that things turn out OK for her marriage only time, and further chapters from you, will tell! Looking forward to more of your excellent writing. Pete.

LightpenLightpenalmost 18 years ago
Or the rain.....

Seems alarming true to life! Which way will the characters develope? Can I wait to see?! Guess I must...

L.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Thrice Rescued She vanished from his life. Can he find love again?in Loving Wives
You and I A 750 word bit of fun.in Loving Wives
Parenthood How does one recover?in Loving Wives
Lost And Found Betrayed,, but by whom?in Loving Wives
An Incident at the Fireplace His boss goes after his wife. A life changing event.in Loving Wives
More Stories