All Comments on 'Starlight Gleaming Ch. 13'

by TJSkywind

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

Beautiful!

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 8 years agoAuthor
Rougher than I'd like

But after struggling with health issues, I was too excited about actually finishing this chapter to give it yet another read through. That impatience is a fault of mine. I should have given it another two or three complete readings, with all the many dropped words. Sigh. Only one glaringly obvious misspelling that I saw, though. I hope that gyrfurune is all right, as I obviously could have used another pair of eyes to catch the errors.

In any event, I hope you enjoyed the tale. Expect that the next chapter will deal with Ranji stopping by his home to deal with the assassin before leaving for Sparantzlo. Comments welcome, helpful criticism encouraged: what worked, what didn't, what you'd like to see more of.

Slainte'

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentabout 8 years ago
Nicely Done!

Just read this chapter again, so good. Thank you for this fine story, will be watching for your next posting.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 8 years agoAuthor
For those interested

There is a map of part of the Empire on my page, and it includes all of the Eastern Islands and shows the islands of Atlantis, somewhat close to what we call Europe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This story drew me in and now I'm one of the many fans waiting for the next chapter

well written...engaging plot... but as always with any ongoing story... I hate the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Two months

When the next is coming. You have already lost a lot of character in storytelling if you read the total series continuously. Will loss more with confidence. please continue at least once a month or it will be more gobblediguck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Guy you are taking so much time for each episode that the charm is getting lost. If you are too busy why don't you stop writing and ask others like JC_the_continuer complete the story. 1 episode in 4 to 8 months is too much. So either comlete it first or get lost.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years agoAuthor
Update

My reader got me his corrections, and I put them in. An updated version should be available in a few days. Now that breathing is easier, I am working hard on Chapter 14 this weekend (it's well over 100 pages). And then I start chapter 15!

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years agoAuthor
Delays unintentional

Last year my health was crap. This year has been worse. Three separate visits to the Emergency Room, and bad reactions to Rx meds, among other issues. Nothing like being doped up while you thrash for a few hours on the bed; then they sent me home. Right now, walking to the kitchen and back gets me out of breath. Some sort of virus? The antibiotics didn't touch it, and it's a month until my doctor can see me again. Started some homeopathics a couple days ago, and they actually have helped some.

In between, I have work. Fortunately, my job allows some flex-time, but what that means is when I'm too sick to work, I have to make up the time when I'm well. I take my insulin when I'm supposed to, and when the migraines or the seizures hit, I just deal and move on.

I write when I can put words together on the page and have them make sense, and trust me, I don't waste those hours. The days when I can sit before my computer and spend ten or twelve hours working on a story are golden for me. Yes, I did restart chapter 13 five times before I was happy with it, but sometimes that's normal for writing in general. I apologize for the long wait. It aggravates me, too.

Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Sorry, for the rough previous comment. Actually some of us readers gets carried away when there is a bit long wait. We forget that the writers are also people like us. They also get sick. They also have their obligations to family, themselves and their work life. However in place of putting out 100 pages make it @10-15 pages per month continuously which will make people happy and some breathing space for you.

Regards. Cheerio.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Still nothing of ch 14

still nothing.... others would have given at least 4 in the period.... poor sod...

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years agoAuthor
For those interested

I hope to have some new chapters (yes, plural) posted as soon as I get them back. 14 is done, and I'm almost done with 15. My reader is in school, so it's sometimes a slow process; his schoolwork comes first. But I really appreciate the second pair of eyes to catch the errors. I still want to finish Starlight Gleaming first, but the unwritten stories of House Sorena and Atansha are calling louder and louder all the time.

Slainté

KJay15KJay15about 5 years ago
Asshole Anonymous

No right to make any demands at all, the authors do this for free, be satisfied with what you get, I'm liking the story so far, haven't read anything like it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTJSkywind@TJSkywind
================================== STAND-ALONE TALES Shattered Dreams - Erotic Horror /Celebrity/SF story about Ripley of Aliens; non-erotic ================================== A reader, gyfurune, correctly proposed a chronology of my stories a few years ago. I will endeavor to...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES