All Comments on 'Stay Sweet Ch. 01'

by member9458

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 6 years ago
Very Nice

Waiting for part 2, Thank you.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Powerful Beginning

This is not a standard formula variation story. It's completely unique. Yes it has drama, difficult subject matter, tough emotions, and enough love to work through it all.

I'm looking forward to seeing where we are going.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
EXCELLENT

Very good! I loved the background and the slow buildup(sorta) between the 2. As a retired law enforcement guy I've dealt with many women like No-Yeong. Its sad but his reaction was great. Supportive while in love. Its a hard area to be in. I commend you for this story. Dearly looking forward to chap 2. Five stars.

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
Lucky you! You found my self-indulgent author's notes!

So yeah, thanks for reading this story, guys! I'm pretty happy with how it's being received so far. I don't know if I want to get too into detail about where this story came from, except to say that I never personally knew anyone like Ji-yeong. There was a girl that my family looked after when I was young, and we were friends, but I never had much of a crush on her and she had a far more reserved personality than Ji-yeong.

I do have a thing for stories about childhood friendships turned romantic, though. I think I wanted to tell my version of that story, as played out as it was, and I thought about how the people in our lives as kids—people we really love—often drift away. What happens if one of them unexpectedly drifted back? And not just anyone, but someone you crushed on and kinda looked up to? What if that person you've always leaned on suddenly needed to lean on you?

I'm not going to tell you that I didn't want to be a guy telling a story about a domestic abuse survivor because, well, that's what I did. What I will tell you is that I was wary of how it would come off in the context of an erotic story, because the last thing I wanted to do was fetishize it. Not necessarily the violence against my female lead (though that was certainly a risk), but the "savior" aspect of it, this idea that the guy fixes her trauma because he's the best guy in the world and she just OWES him SO MUCH...the thought of telling one of those stories made me physically ill. I tried to mitigate it by leaning into that concern, making part of the story about treading carefully around trauma; wanting to help someone you love without being overbearing, dealing with an attraction to someone who kinda doesn't need your attraction right now (even if the feeling's mutual). I also killed off Chad on top of that to rob Pete of any possibilty of a "Hero Moment." And of course I did some research, reading some stories from abuse survivors—one of which directly influenced Ji-yeong—and some articles from mental health professionals.

Frankly, I'm still not entirely sure I succeeded in steering clear of that territory. I don't work with editors or beta-readers. I don't have any friends, much less female friends, that are close enough that I can say "Hey, you know those erotic dreams we all have? I write mine down and weave stories around them that I'm told are really good. Wanna read one?" I really wanted to run this by someone with an appropriate perspective before I posted it, though. Unfortunately, when I asked around, for whatever reason (probably because I was asking for help on a piece that was 41K words total, and I was anxious to get it out) I didn't get any responses.(*) So I said "screw it," took one last pass, and submitted.

(*Actually, scratch that: before I wrote this story I reached out to lovecraft68—who had been a strong advocate for social justice on the Literotica forums—on a lark. LC got back to me with a small piece of excellent advice; I didn't quite follow it to the letter, but the spirit of the advice was still a strong guide. LC, if you're reading this, thanks a lot; I hope I didn't let you down.)

So consider this an invitation, on this chapter and the next couple of chapters: If you feel like I haven't done right by the subject matter, don't hesitate to put me on blast, whether you do it here or you send me an e-mail. I tried my best to be sensitive, and I like to think I did a good job. I wouldn't have submitted if I felt otherwise. However, it's more important that I learn from any mistakes that I've made. I cannot promise that I'll agree, and I cannot promise that I won't defend my work. However, I promise to listen, and if you post on here, I promise to defend your right to your opinion.

Thank you all again for reading. Chapter 2 (of 3) is officially slated to post tomorrow, so I'll see you all then. We'll have a lot to talk about—including the blowjob scene that I'm preeeeeeeeeetty sure is gonna tank my score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story - Can't wait for the next installment!

I loved the slow build up and the dialogue. The plot is, from my limited perspective, very realistic. I am looking forward to the next/remaining episodes.

Please keep up with this lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hooked

This introduction was brilliantly written. It feels real and I cannot wait for the next chapter. Thank You.

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
"Did you know women have breasts?"

I was not sure I was going to like this story but that section made me smile! So I relaxed into it it and really started to enjoy it. Looking forward to the rest.

AzttAzttover 6 years ago
I like the slow build

The story rings true to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This Is Good.

Great story. Characterization is excellent. The people are very real. The feelings seem real and honest although I admit to being more than a little naive.

Excellent pace. There is pain, angst and humour.I am really looking forward to chapter 2

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
A solid start

So far, I like it. Your warnings before the start are wrong, though: although Ji-Yeong is more than a guest, it does not “feel” incest-like. When she babysat Pete, he didn’t see her like a big sister. That said you’ve done well building characters and scenario. It’s a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good

Nice story so far, apart from the name of the girl, no idea how it is pronounced.

3* (would have been 4 if not for the girls name)

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
Two replies in one comment!

• @WhoGivesAShit: I was a little squirrelly about it so I figured it was better safe then sorry; I’d rather drive people away than bring them in and unexpectedly offend their sensibilities.

• @Anonymous (Good): Okay, maybe this is a bit of a thinker, so I’m just going to guide you through it. Near the beginning of the story, Ji-yeong asks Pete if he can spell her name. Pete, being all of 11 at the time, assumes her name is spelt how it sounds. So “G-E-E-Y-O-N”: GEE-yon, as in “yonder.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really like it. Looking forward...

The writing is expressive and varied. Great to read! The fourth wall breaks are something I'm not used to or sure about whether they're well-used. Either way, I am definitely looking forward to the next parts because I want to know what becomes of these well-written characters in this interesting story =)

- R

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 6 years ago
Fucknugget shitsack

Is now my new favorite insult

Crimson_RiversCrimson_Riversabout 6 years ago
I like.

I like your colloquial. It's got a very natural flow. Makes it easy to relate to the emotions going through them at the time. And boy are they many. You'd swear there's character development on every person here. Without a question, this is a top of range read, by far better than most I've found in this site. But that's just me and my preferences. Thanks for the upload. Moving on to the next one.

Rake456Rake456over 5 years ago
Liked it!

Can't wait to read the rest. You nailed the pacing that you were clearly aiming for, even though I personally would have preferred it if it would have been a little more drawn out. That's not really a complaint though, more of a personal preference. Well done!

GlanceSidewaysGlanceSidewaysalmost 5 years ago
A cut above

So great to read something here that’s not just a stroke story but insightful, intelligent writing - love it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermember9458@member9458
THE LATEST WORD 5.5.22 Hey y'all, I'm here for my yearly "I swear I've got stuff in development" cocktease. No promises on if or when new stories will see the light of day (those never seem to go well with me), but for those of you who still care, thanks for your patience. H...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories