All Comments on 'Stay Sweet Ch. 02'

by member9458

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
I'm hooked

For people so young, so damaged, immature, and uncertain, they seem to be healing each other as we watch. I was surprised this chapter ended with them going separate directions. I look forward to seeing where we go next.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You

My morning turned from gloomy to happy after reading this chapter, except the fact that they parted ways at the end. I cannot wait for the next part. Thank You for having these chapters uploaded quickly so we don't have die with suspense and waiting. You're so skilled at writing. I love these characters especially Pete, he is so young but so mature and he is perfect for Ji-Yeong. Many thanks.

DSX93DSX93over 6 years ago
Fingers Crossed...

That they don't just go their separate ways and end up with other people or something. That seems to be the way this story is going, and man, I HATE when that happens. In my opinion, all that ever does is make the whole story a waste of time.

Of course, that's not to say that the writing was bad, but endings like that just leave an awful taste in my mouth. Spending all that time bringing the leads together, just to split them apart in the end...Ugh.

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
And the Author's Notes just keep on coming...

First of all...holy shit you guys, you left more votes on Chapter 1 of this story over 24 hours than my last story got in 6 months! I really appreciate you taking the time to vote; it means the world to me. And of course, I'm really glad you like this story as much as you do.

This chapter is the centerpiece of the story: The blanket fort scene is the scene I first thought of when I thought of these two together. That was actually part of the impetus for splitting the story into three chapters; one for each of the three big sex scenes in this story. On top of that, this story was about 41,000 words altogether, and had three natural points of division. Admittedly, I feel shitty about trolling the romance crowd with downer and bittersweet endings at the end of these chapters, but if it makes the story easier to read, I can live with it.

So let's talk about blowjobs: I honestly thought it'd be funny if Ji-yeong wasn't good at them. There's this trope I noticed in erotic fiction that when a girl talks about never giving head, it's a given that she'll be a natural at it when she tries. I wanted to push back against that; not just for the sake of comedy, but to defuse the expectation that women need to be good at sucking cock in order to be accepted by men. Not that I don't appreciate a woman who knows how to do it, but there's more to sex than that; I wanted a heroine that gave oral her best shot, ended up being hilariously bad at it, and was still accepted by her lover. (Spoiler alert: in defiance of my stated intentions, she *does* get better next chapter, but even then she goes from horrible to "eh, not bad.")

Here's the rub: in doing the research (that is, I Read Some Clickbait titled something like "13 Women Talk About How They Really Feel About Oral Sex"), I found that blowjobs are a bit of a mild self-esteem issue for many women; if they feel like they're not good at them, it makes them uncomfortable. And this is where I wish I was able to get a woman or two to look this over before I submitted, because I often wonder if Pete is *too* mean to Ji-Yeong in ribbing her about it, and if the conversational first-person perspective makes it feel too transgressive.

Incidentally, this goes double for "Ji-yeong asked me to eat her pussy." That's something else I thought would be funny, but literally hours before this story was set to be published, the current discourse on sexual harassment turned me towards asshole men in charge who would say shit like that about female subordinates, humiliating them. Different circumstances and all, but if I had to do it over again, that scene probably wouldn't appear as written. In fact, when I eventually submit edits, that part is most likely getting cut, or at least thoroughly reconsidered. For now, let's just say that I'm really sorry that I wrote that, and that I wish I knew better.

It's not official yet, but I'm assuming the third and final chapter will run tomorrow. See you then!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The END?

What's not to like about this story. It can't end here...please...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Romance

The whole thing is well-written, thoughtful, and kind, while still being really erotic. I'm a romantic. This hits the spot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks for the story - so far!

Great characters. Great story. Love the build up. Worth every word.

bushkid97bushkid97over 4 years ago
Wow...

There's something ominous on the horizon, and I'm a little hesitant to read the next part. Maybe I've read too many young adult romance novels, but there's always something dark ahead when the female love interest of the considerate boy leaves him a note.

Nevertheless, I'll push on ahead. Great addition to the story; you really built on the characters you established before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In the span of my sexual career, about 50 years, the blowjob has gone from something nice to something mandatory, and to be a smartass, it sucks. The woman who has been my life partner for 41 years doesn’t like giving one, and isn’t very good at it. I couldn’t care less. Every last other thing about her is perfect, and I am almost certainly still alive today because she wandered into my life during the winter of 1980. I realize that erotica is fantasy, but just once I’d like to see a story with a guy who, without complaint or teasing, accepts that his otherwise-wonderful partner would just rather not. Ok, rant over. We now return to our regularly scheduled story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Had to throw in the trans/bi angle that adds absolutely nothing other than pandering. Otherwise a great story

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Great story. It caused me to think about some things in my life left unresolved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story. It is easy to relate to parts of both main characters. I really appreciate the layers to their personalities and relationship as they unpack their life experiences. There is intense physical attraction, but there is much much more. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

wonderful

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermember9458@member9458
449 Followers
THE LATEST WORD 5.5.22 Hey y'all, I'm here for my yearly "I swear I've got stuff in development" cocktease. No promises on if or when new stories will see the light of day (those never seem to go well with me), but for those of you who still care, thanks for your patience. H...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES