Steampunk Harlots Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vile watched Hannah start her suspiciously seductive exercises, "Really?" she asked.

"I haven't been laid in a while. Plus, if we are going to get anything good out of this mess, then what better way than buttering up some local power."

"You mean there is someone in this city you haven't had sex with?"

"Seeing as 'I' have been out of action for a while, yes. There are a lot of someones. And I'm going to start with the one eying me up right now."

"Oh right, it's been the rest of us. Still, I didn't think anyone in the upper class hadn't been on our ship."

"Well, maybe not a lot, but this is a big city and there are a lot more rich people here, and there are only so many women on the ship seeing them. Besides, it's not like he'd be saying no to another round."

"Fair enough, have at him. I'm still rather satisfied, and I think anyone else right now would be anti-climatic."

Assuming the noble hadn't had his tent set up facing the women on purpose, he was certainly pleased by the happy coincidence. Spending more time eying Hannah's efforts to limber herself up after combat than attending his own work.

It wasn't long before a page addressed her while she had one leg up on Viles' chest, showing off her flexibility and the tight shorts she had on under the skirt. He invited her to his Lord's tent while utterly failing not to blush. Hannah smiled, to be polite, and because she could have easily been wearing something far more interesting under her skirt. However, still recovering, she had opted for something more comfortable. The Lord rose to greet her, something Hannah was surprised to see him do, and offered her a seat with his hand.

"Welcome, please have a seat." the Lord said, remaining standing while Hannah sat down.

"Thank you for the invitation. Quite a day today. You look busy." Hannah replied, figuring his game out.

"Indeed, chaos and rumour abound. Only a matter of time before the people hear about it." As he spoke, he walked around his desk to sit on the corner.

"I'm sure they will be satisfied with whatever you decide to tell them," Hannah said, stroking his ego. Aware he was trying to intimidate her and make her uncomfortable with his presence.

"Well, that is up to the Duke, so it depends on what he says." He shifted his legs a bit wider, eying her chest.

"Oh," Hannah replied, trying to act surprised that he wasn't the man in charge. "Well I'm sure he listens to you, doesn't he? I mean, with so many out of the... well, with so many dead." Her confused-sounding tone throwing him off.

"Well yes, his advisors are all gone..." He drifted off for a moment, considering his options.

Hannah was surprised he hadn't already realised the power vacuum created by the whole mess. "Does anyone else know what really happened?"

Picking up on her assumption that he had some inside clue, "There was an attack, many staffers died, possibly many nobles. Though I would like to know more about yourself and what you are doing here."

He stood up to walk behind Hannah, who, far from intimidated by the tactic, pushed out her chest as she pondered how to kill him from that position if she had to. "Well, I personally know the soldiers who defended the Duke."

"Well now, that is interesting." His hands rested on her shoulders and took a firm grip. "Not his house guard?"

Hannah let out a vulnerable squeak at the grip before breathing in to give him a slightly better view of her cleavage. "No, we are outsiders. They just happened to be there when things went down."

"Good for you." His hands started to massage her shoulders. "That beast outside?"

"Wasn't involved at all," Hannah replied. "She was just doing some heavy lifting. Well... she did walk in at the end and raised the alarm, if that matters."

"I suppose it might," he mumbled, as his hands got closer to her chest while still pretending to massage her. "As long as the focus is on who did the actual work. Did the client who hired them die? Maybe we could say it was someone else who survived."

"I'm afraid it was the Duke himself." Hannah sounded disappointed. "You aren't mad at me for saying that are you?"

"That depends on how good you are at keeping secrets." His hands shot down to grip her breasts. "Well?"

Hannah gasped. They were still rather tender from the bites, even after the healing. "Yes du... erm... lord, sir. I can be quiet."

"That's a good girl." He smiled at the idea of being called Duke. "Now tell me what you know."

"Well, sir," her voice trembled as his massaging of her breasts popped her bra off. "The soldiers responsible I think will get rewarded somehow. To distract people from the... bad things."

"A good play. What do you think I should do then? Any ideas?" His tone was condescending as he started to pull on her exposed nipples until she cried out.

"Lord please, that hur... I mean... thank you, sir, but I don't know. The Duke just looks like he needs a friend."

"Of course a woman would say that," he scoffed, going back to gently molesting her like it was some kind of reward. "Though that is an interesting angle. I wouldn't ever be able to replace the Duke, but getting in on his good side when he is vulnerable would be a fine play."

Hannah remained silent, squirming a bit in her seat, more to show off her legs than anything else.

"Oh? Ready then?"

He grabbed her by the hair and yanked her up and put her on the desk, spreading her legs.

"I could use a human interruption right now Foxy, or I am going to have to kill this sack of shit," Hannah whispered, hoping she had arrived.

A hand bell rang outside, "My lord, envoy of the Duke is here. Summons to a meeting."

"Damn it!" he shouted, having just withdrawn himself from his trousers and now having to push everything back in. "Get out and keep quiet. I will find you later. Keep in mind, things will be worse if you say anything."

Hannah stayed on the table until he left. Then she stood up and looked around, deciding he had to pay for services rendered. A fine fur coat was inside a steamer trunk full of silk outfits, and some rather expensive personal effects. She bundled them up and exited the tent.

"Excuse me?" she addressed the guard standing outside. "Do you always stand watch while your lord rapes women, or is this your first time?"

Before he could answer or ask about the bundle in her left hand, the knife from her right hand that had been drawn from his own belt was plunged into his neck. She dropped the bundle and hauled the man into the tent, where she stuffed him into the trunk and locked it. Leaving again, and collecting the bundle, she headed off to find Vile greeting Liddy and the others.

"Oh, did you just arrive?" Hannah asked, surprised.

"Yes," Liddy replied.

Hannah regarded Foxy, who didn't seem to have heard her request from the tent. Instead, her ears twitched and she looked towards it. "Is someone bleeding out in there?"

"Yes, one less than would have been if something hadn't happened."

****

A few hours later, on a promenade just below the garden level, a crowd gathered to greet the Duke and his newest friend. Before them were the various kinds of sycophants you normally found, but also photographers and men with microphones at the end of long wires running to some transmitters set up at the far end.

Hannah stood just to the edge of the field of vision of her mark, trying to look sheepish and avoid eye contact. She didn't want to miss anything.

"Greetings! People of the capital! I am Lord Moulton, newly appointed Chancellor! Today there has been a great tragedy. As many of you know, there was a monster plaguing our city. Then, after its defeat by those loyal to your Duke, its minions lashed out the Duke himself. Many have died, but our city and our Duke remain strong. The minions defeated, we are here now to celebrate the warriors who committed this valiant act! I announce to you, your Duke!"

The Duke stepped forward, "Thank you, Chancellor. Now while I am sure many of you are relieved at my good health, I apologize to those who are not. I can only please so many people at a time." The crowd chuckled at the joke. "While monsters and danger are not so strange to anyone in this world, we at the Capital seldom see it so closely. Perhaps it is fitting that those who faced this danger were outsiders simply here by chance. Showing us that there is strength to be had at welcoming others into the city. In that spirit, allow me to personally welcome the warriors who defended me."

Foxy walked out onto the stage and greeted the Duke, wearing full combat kit. There were shocked gasps and a pause in the flash bulbs. As they shook hands, the pictures started again, and soon Easy came out wearing Hannah's shotgun. She was dressed in Ving's leather pants and jacket since most of her wardrobe would be a bit too salacious for the event. Of course, as surprised as anyone was to see women on stage, the fact that they were Emberborn was what stunned them. The Chancellor most of all. Then Vile walked out, hooves shaking the marble floor as she walked. The Duke and Vile shared a sly smile as they shook hands.

"To those who are listening, unable to see, the three women who have just come to receive my welcome are Emberborn."

As he paused, the Chancellor was stunned and confused. Looking over to Hannah in anger, getting a wicked smile in return. His face went white in terror at being played, then looked confused. He had been made Chancellor, he shouldn't have had to fear anything. The Duke nudged him for the papers he was supposed to hand him. Brought back to task he gave them to the Duke.

The Duke started to read the papers, "These women, under the employ of..." He faltered, looking at Liddy who was ready to come on stage and looking back at Vile. He dropped the papers, "It doesn't matter who they worked for. These Emberborn aren't slaves, they are free. Free to have run away the moment danger approached. But they didn't, they stood and fought to protect innocent life. Not just mine, but the life of a lowly clerk who none in the ruling class would have spared a thought for. Animals don't do that, and if they aren't animals, then neither are any of the Emberborn, regardless of what they look like. They have the capacity for courage, honour, and compassion that would take me months to find in our so-called noble houses. Now normally, when an Emberborn does something like this, they are granted freedom. Yet these women are already free." He paused, collected his breath. "So since I can't free them, I am freeing the rest. All of them. No papers to be signed. I am declaring all contracts of ownership or indentured servitude, null and void. As since this is my decree, any who are found in violation of the word and spirit of this new law will be found guilty of treason."

The silence was deafening. The city around them seemed to go quiet with the news almost instantly. Nobody, not even Hannah, who had just expected to let Foxy and Easy be seen as the heroes to be the best case scenario, failed to be stunned. The Duke nodded to Vile and walked off, followed eventually by his new Chancellor.

****

Vile was trying to speak to the Duke, but not actually getting any words out.

"I know, right?!" the Duke replied. "I'm as surprised as you are. Well, maybe not quite so, but still! Wow." He handed Vile a drink, who continued to stammer while he turned to Liddy. "Apologies for going off script."

"Not a worry at all," she answered. "Will you really be able to make this work?"

"Ah, that's the beauty of radio my dear, it's already done. Everyone heard me say that. As we speak, people are rushing to free their property to avoid treason charges. They aren't going to wait to see what happens in politics. They don't want to be caught holding the bag. As unhappy as they might be, nobody can do anything to stop it. Even if I am deposed, right now, the word is already out and nobody is going to be able to take it back."

"It will be chaos. People will get hurt."

"People get hurt all the time, but ever since the attack, the guards have been on the street with the military regulars. That will keep a lid on things while it gets sorted out. I've already dispatched men to secure the personal servants of the upper class to replace those killed in the attack. I start employing Emberborn with wages, their own houses will be in too much chaos with all their talent gone - they won't be able to do anything. The clever part is that financially, I haven't taken much from them. They lose no political power, and once they realise this, they will settle down."

"What did you do, Hannah?" Vile asked, finally calmed down.

"Oh," Hannah replied, getting her own drink while admiring the selection in the Duke's quarters. "I just insinuated to him that he should play friendly with the Duke and basically turn him into a yes-man. I figured it would get us some sweet reward and expose people to hero Emberborn."

"That's why you had Foxy and me take your place?" Easy asked, sniffing bottles to find one she liked.

"Pretty much. If Hope or I been on that stage, we would have been the focus and a way for them to ignore Vile. Hope is rather too humble for those kinds of accolades." Hannah looked at Hope, who nodded. "And I'd rather not be famous enough for people to recognize me on the street."

"Well, then, what do we do now?" Catherine asked, handing Easy a bottle she knew she would like.

"Well Captain," the Duke started. "If you would take a knee." Liddy knelt in front of the Duke. "Umm... just one knee, Captain. I'm bestowing knightship, not... that."

"Oh!" Liddy exclaimed, going to a single knee.

As the Duke drew the metal kind of sword, Hannah shook her head.

He tapped her on each shoulder with it before speaking, "I bestow upon you the title, Lady of the Capitol."

The assembled women applauded as Liddy rose to her feet and received a sigil from the Duke in the shape of the horse shoe H she used for her ship. She used it to press into the hot wax of the declaration of her new title, after the Duke had done so with his.

"Now the political records will show that a human received the highest reward of the day. So if someone tries some crap, I can just point to this. I do enjoy undermining the efforts of my court. Now, normally I offer a piece of land or some such in these situations, but I think something more mobile might appeal to you. I'd like to offer you a new ship. Something I can have my people customize to your needs."

"Oh, I have so many ideas," Liddy replied.

****

Hannah walked along the promenade, now mostly empty of people and equipment, finding the Chancellor looking off into the city. He seemed rather angry, and as she approached, she wondered what to say. She had a speech running in her head, a series of threats, some snide comments. Yet it occurred to her that nothing she said would ever change him. He wouldn't stop harming women just because one bested him. He would always be a predator. Of course, she was one herself, and knew the only way to deal with one. Looking around, she saw nobody, so she grabbed him by the legs and heaved him over the railing. His screams fell away as she watched him fall, looking over the edge she saw him hit the side of the massive structure. He flopped and bumped around like a ragdoll as he kept falling over the gradually expanding building. Soon lost to distance and shadow, he was gone. Hannah looked around. Again, seeing nobody, she strolled away.

****

Liddy looked at the photo on the front page of the paper as Easy put it on the bar table. Ving and Hannah walked into the lounge, each wearing silk robes.

"Alright, now that I got that out of my system, I think I am ready to start seeing clients again."

Liddy was only partially listening to Hannah. She marvelled at the photo of Vile with Easy and Foxy standing with the Duke. The article seemed to be praising the whole deal and she was letting herself feel hopeful.

Astra cleared her throat, "Ma'am, a messenger here to see you."

Liddy turned to greet a man in a suit, who found himself quite distracted by the robes on the two women who had failed to tie them up.

"Can I help you?" Liddy asked, smiling at his distraction.

"I... yes. I was sent to deliver this." He handed Liddy a letter.

After opening it and reading, her eyes perked up, "Yes, I will be attending."

The Messenger nodded at her reply and, after a few more looks at the women, left. Everyone turned to Liddy, who was reading the letter again.

"So, what's the deal, your ladyship?" Hannah asked.

"A merchants guild meeting. Apparently, it's being hosted not far from here and I have been invited. This is a huge deal. Normally only the biggest tycoons get invitations. It would seem that we have been noticed."

"That was fast," Ving commented, pushing Hannah against the bar to pin her with her body.

"Well, probably dispatched before today's events. That makes it even more surprising." Liddy ignored Hannah, who was beside her, getting felt up while Ving kissed her. "It's happening soon, so we will finish our shift tonight and head off. We could stay in the capital forever, but I want to get in on this and find out how we attracted their attention."

"So is this a good thing or should we be suspicious?" Inky asked, walking up the stairs in front of Vile, who still had two tails under the skirt in front of her.

"Good. Actually very good. People aren't given invites unless they are going to be major players in some way. Still, everyone will need to keep their eyes open when we get there. It's a whole new game once we are."

****

Easy pressed her lips against the tip of the manhood in front of her while her tongue wrapped itself around the whole length and massaged it tightly. It had taken a lot of practice, but she was getting really good at using it in ways she hadn't ever imagined. The man she was with was thrilled at the sight of a hero of the city, on her knees in front of him. He looked into her eyes as she smiled, and fluttered her wings while she worked. Normally for him, the women he hired wore forced smiles, but she seemed to take genuine joy in the experience.

"Pretty little thing. I can't imagine a feeling better than this."

"Good. Things are always better when they are unexpected." As Easy replied, she stood up, her tongue slowly unravelling from him.

She pulled him onto the bed and pulled herself on top. Then, sliding him inside her, she gripped him with the muscles she had inside herself. Rocking her hips at the same time, he gasped, almost frightened, as he lost control and filled her with his seed.

"Oh my, but so soon, I always last so much..." he was cut off with a finger on his lips.

"Hush, we aren't done yet."

Easy tugged harder on him inside her, and after a few minutes of her breasts in his face, he started to get hard again. She kissed him and smiled, working her hips again to feel him slide in and out of her body. He gripped her by her breasts, using them to try and move her faster, despite her hips being far more helpful handholds. As he watched her, he saw her tongue reach out and tease her nipples as they showed through his grips. Finally starting to thrust for himself, he made Easy start to gasp, and soon enough he felt her quiver and grip hard on his member inside her. He pulled her head down to kiss her as she screamed, wrestling her tongue with his. Then again he felt his control slip and groaned in climax again.

As their kiss broke, Easy slowly slithered her tongue back, watching him keep his lips wrapped around it as long as he could. "Now how was that?"

"Better than anything I have ever experienced. I'd like to offer you something more. Payment doesn't seem like enough."

"You have already given me your seed and satisfied me. But whatever else you had in mind would be just as welcome."