Step By Step Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Oh No!' Helen thought; now she realised exactly who the woman was.

"Disgusting, that's what it was," the woman continued. "Two women, quite shameless out in the open like that. One of them had her dress pulled right up to her waist, showing her everything. Poor Wuffles was quite upset. It made him sick to see such filthy behaviour right out there in public. Come to think of it she looked a lot like you." The woman pointed at Helen. "Was it you? Whichever it was disgusting, it shouldn't be allowed..."

Apparently words had failed the woman and, red in the face from her anger, she just stood and spluttered. Helen didn't know where to look. On the one hand she had all but been outed as just the thing the pastor had been ranting about. She could try and deny it, deny that the other woman was indeed her but that would be throwing further insults at Sam. On the other hand, not denying it just implicated her and the look on her mother's face said that she was never going to live this one down. There she was still stood there holding a placard which effectively accused her gay friends of paedophilia. Rather than address the woman she turned back to Sam.

"Please, Sam," she pleaded. "I really didn't..."

"Just fuck off, fuck off back to those small minded bigots you so obviously want to be with. I never, ever, ever want to see you again, Sam shouted before storming off. When Helen tried to follow Bernard reached out and held her back.

"No, leave her be. Don't you think you've done enough damage?" he said.

"Bernard..." she began.

"Not interested. As Sam just said; fuck off. I don't want to know either. None of us do, not whilst you're with this crowd." Bernard turned his back on her. Helen's mum grabbed her by the arm and dragged her away from the crowd.

"Who was that woman?" She demanded.

"Just a friend," Helen prevaricated.

"It looked like more than that. And is she... one of them?" The inquisition continued.

"Yes, she's 'one of them', " Helen replied, exasperated.

"So why do you know her? Why do you have anything to do with her? And what did Mrs Wright mean when she said the woman she was in the park with looked a lot like you?" Helen's mum went on, increasingly suspicious.

"Because... Because..." Helen's emotions were in turmoil. She was busy trying to deal with the pain of Sam's rejection and now her mother was pinning her into a corner. Her heart was breaking but she didn't dare show it. And then it hit her. Her heart was breaking, she really did miss Sam, she wanted her, she needed her, she... she loved her. Suddenly denial was no longer an option. Damn her mother and all the small minded bigots she went to church with.

"Because it was me and I am one of them!" There, she'd said it. There was a horrified gasp from her mum but Helen didn't care. For once she had to be true to what she was, not what others wanted her to be.

"I don't know how you could do this to me. Showing me up in front of everyone." Helen's mum said, tears streaming down her face. "The divorce was bad enough but now this. You're no daughter of mine. Go, just go!"

"You heard your mother." Helen's dad had followed them and now it was time for his two penny worth. "Now leave her be. You've upset enough people today. I don't know how you could let us both down like this. I never brought you up to be a pervert. And don't think your welcome at Auntie Jose's birthday party next weekend; we're decent people, unlike some."

Helen dropped the placard and fled.

12