Still Waters Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now he was gone. She had to learn how to carry the load alone. "Still waters calmed the soul. Still waters fuels the heart." He whispered to her each night before they slept. His voice calmed her, helped her.

"Momma" Evangeline whispered. "They're here. They're ready to take him."

Bertha nodded and followed her daughter from the room. She watched as her mate, was taken from her for the last time.

Alpha Ryelle and Tasha were at the medical center. They were stunned. This death was unexpected, and reminded Ryelle of the night they lost Alphonso. However, he was pack alpha and he had to stay strong.

"Bertha, we must plan his ceremony. Is there anything you would like to request?" Ryelle asked.

Bertha simply stared at him and walked away. Tasha took his hand. She knew. This was hard on him. She called out to Bertha, but the woman that looked back was a shell. She simply stared and did not really respond.

Tasha nodded. "We will take care of everything." She whispered. Evangeline nodded for her mother.

Ryelle sent to Kwame. The Kingsley alpha responded and Willie DuPont's daughters would be at Jackson is a few hours. Ryelle thanked him. He then sent a message to his pack. A sorrowful spirit engulfed the compound. Willie DuPont was a quiet man, but very well loved and respected. The Alpha took charge. The home going ceremony would take place in two days. That would give time for his daughters and their husbands to arrive.

Evangeline wrapped her arms around her mother. Bertha did not shove her youngest child away. She was truly alone now. No one really understood her. They only accepted her because they had so much love and respect for her mate. She was someone that the others did not really like being around. Her own daughters despised her, and she knew that soon Evangeline would leave her too. She was alone, and she had no one to blame but herself.

*****

The end of chapter one.

I realize that this was a hard chapter, but I had to share it. Thank you for reading. Please be considerate with your thoughts.

12