All Comments on 'Stolen Birthright Ch. 10-12'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow - what a thriller

I wasn't surprised the doctor said that Ella's wolf was dead, and would not come back even if she was bitten by a werewolf. Why? Because her wolf told Ella that she was dying - and I don't think a person's wolf would lie to her human. After all, they're both halves of the same person.

That being said, my first thought is that the green-eyed wolf is her mate. He's probably puzzled because she's no longer a werewolf, but he recognized and is attracted to her scent. Or I may be completely wrong - we'll see. Though I still like Mark Harris as a potential mate as well.

Don't know which pack is behind the attack, but whoever it is needs a huge smack down. Attacking a female who has lost her wolf and her pack is classless and without honor - but we already know that the packs that planned and bid to be her mate are dishonorable.

Still angry about the rape, but as Ella said, she's got to plan, then execute her revenge. And when she succeeds, I think those packs will rue the day they decided to kidnap and mate her.

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

Preggo, father yet to be determined.

Darryl dead.

Curious actions of the lone surviving attacker. Possibly because of her human scent or he smelled something much more precious and painful to him. Things could get complicated for him if it's the 'or' side though she could certainly use a protector. She is going to lone wolf it now despite her aunt and uncle's wishes.

swr47swr47almost 7 years ago
Immunity?

The pack Doctor's description of Ella's inability to be re-infected with the werewolf virus could mean a vaccine could be developed against infection. This could be used as a plot twist in future stories as anti werewolf forces would really want such a possible vaccine.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Damn she can't catch any breaks. I'm hoping this Mark is the father. Otherwise a half human-wolf baby would be odd as hell.

Also this wolf that broke and ran is odd. They were in too good of a position and the other wolfs had no issues attacking her. Then there is the fact he also shifted during the fight. My hunch he is the mate for Ella. Because this was a well planned out attack and everyone else attacked her. The better question is what pack sent them.

LucindaPaigeLucindaPaigealmost 7 years ago

So her mate recognized her, and while he was attacking her. And now she's pregnant. I'm hooked, I love this story.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Her pregnancy could play out different ways. It might give her cover. If those after her are dumb enough to not pay attention to a pregnant woman. But more likely is they figure out she's pregnant and back off once they think it could be their grand pup. They won't be able to know any sooner than the third trimester anyway. If it isn't, they could kill it in front of her for vengeance before killing her.

That child could be the werewolf doomsday clock though. Imagine the surprise when a wolf pup appears in the hospital nursery. It could ignite the fuse leading to the war.

The black wolf could help or hurt. If he is her mate he will protect her and never leave her side. But he might be easier to track where as she might be able to disappear if she follows the lawyer's advice and goes dark. Burner phones, cash, new identity, no contact with known associates, etc.

The fact that they used a human for a wolf ambush is another possible leak to werewolf existence in addition to breaking the rules as Ella said. Aunt Remi was on the phone with 911. When no-one meets the ambulance the police are going to investigate. Will they find any evidence of the battle? The wrecked bike might lead to the human. Since Doug's men cleaned the scene hopefully they retrieved the bike.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 7 years ago
Gaaaaat damn.

You got this chick going Through. It. Dang, is this what the Were Wars series is like? Beloved characters just getting all kinds of fucked up and killed? Since I'm already a hot mess watching "The Handmaid's Tale" on Hulu, I'll hold off on adding more stress to my life, LOL. I'll read the rest of this series later. As far as Ella goes, well, she doesn't feel the mating pull, so she could killl that wolf and shrug it off. I'd expect nothing less from you at this point. :0) Great story.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Oddball my hunch is was the fact the bulk of alphas were becoming so dishonorable and thinking they could get away with leading to the pieces all being put in place for the were-war starting. Luna most likely had a hand in ending with Renee and her first mate through.

The question is this, what revenge is she seeking and how is she going to do it with a child now.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

The incident your referring to with Renee was not at the hands of Luna. As I remember, there wasn't any known active involvement of a deity in the Were Wars. You have to watch applying Luna as she was in Dominant Species to this story and the Were War series.

Ella's revenge plans are unknown but her basic framework appears similar to the Punisher. Bring down the powerful, piece by piece. Hey, maybe she can get her former friends into isometrics? LOL

partwolfpartwolfalmost 7 years agoAuthor
She's been through a lot

And it is easy to forget she is only 18 and just lost her parents. Running from her family isn't what she needs.

As for revenge, she is taking the long view. The target packs have lost eleven members already, and now can't touch her. None of them have the size or power of the Johnson Pack, nor the drive or resources of Ella.

As for Luna, the mythology of this and the Were Wars/Mystery Mate series is different from the active role she had in Dominant Species.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 7 years ago

Dude. Get an abortion. Even if it's not the rapist's, raising a kid is gonna interfere with your revenge plans

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Awesome

While she's gone through some horrific stuff, i like that you stick to your guns on her wolf being and staying dead. Resurrection is one of the cheaper fantasy devices, negating heroic sacrifices and tragedies that make characters more sympathetic and real. Overcoming weakness and loss to bring down a powerful nemesis is the essence of heroism.

It's also good to remember that even "mere" humans have soulmates, they just don't get magic powers and godly mate bonds & blessings to go with it.

Looking forward to the next chapter, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Leave the author alone ...

Great story write it your way

djb

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 7 years ago
Pregnant?

Can a human conceive a wolf baby? 5 Stars

partwolfpartwolfalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Series mythology

Back in the Were War series I wrote that a werewolf could only get his mate pregnant. Ella took the mark then rejected it; once human a human could get her pregnant so you'll just have to wait and see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
revenge

yes continue the revenge, but if its Davids, she has yet another weapon to use ( heir to the pack :) ) and if not, something more to fight for , and also, we now a a wolf ( big bruiser) who might be her mate ( and if so, what pack, and if alpha, more troops for her side ) keep it going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
if you want to go ghost

duh you have to go ghost and stay off the radar. of course the attack was going to happen if you going running back to family and then take members of your own pack.

whats the use of burner phones if you don't actually go offline...........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Humans have been giving birth to were babies in Partwolf's other stories (were genes being dominant), so it is reasonable to take it as a possibility.

But I am pondering more about that wolf that run. It acted as she was his mate, and realised he could not make her believe it at that point. I'd also guess alpha blood, not beta, but which alpha's son of those hostile packs hasn't she met before? Or was he from another pack? This will become complicated indeed. (Silly to speculate upon a series already finished, I know, but it is fun.)

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Well that cleared up some issues and now Ella's pregnant. Great instalment again. 5 ⛤ throughout from me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2313 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES