All Comments on 'Stolen Birthright Ch. 21-25'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank goodness Craig is a decent, honorable chap

I have to admit, all the oversexed, misogynistic wannabe Alphas were giving men a bad name. So it's nice to find another good young man besides Mark - though Mark will be heartbroken that Ella won't be his wife. Because despite Ella saying she needed time to figure out what she wanted, she pretty quickly agreed to be Craig's mate. (Can't say I blame her, as they're made for each other.)

Twins - wonderful. Who will raise them as their Dad? Will Craig take on the job? But what if they're Mark's babies? Will Ella and Mark share custody like divorced parents? Thinking practically here, but as they're all good people, they'll work it out. And as Aunt Remi reminded her, Ella may no longer be a wolf, but in her attitude, behavior, and decision making, she is an Alpha and she will be able to have a pack.

This chapter gave me a lot of warm fuzzies - very enjoyable!

luv2read2

PS. Don't want this story to end soon, but am looking forward to Ella regaining her rightful place as the Alpha of a pack that loves her as much as she loves them.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

Mark and his parents are in danger. Craig said he had found her lover so others would be able to as well. If they are gaining intel and figure out who she's connected with and what she's up too they may counter her by disassembling her teams. A Were cold war with surrogates doing the dirty work. Her personal legal representation would be simplest to figure out and eliminate. Cutting a lifeline. The lawyer's files would have a treasure trove of info for them.

If they could sneak in and see a room full of intel on all their packs they'll know she's coming after them. If they also see the help she's acquired it could cause trouble for the packs they are from. Even the human company she started might get tracked if she's ever seen going there. That security detail is going to be even more important to deny them access to her properties.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
* * * * *

Back on track

Nothing too contrived

djb

tjb50caltjb50calalmost 7 years ago
awesome chapter

Goddess Luna's Wolf must be named Murphy ..aka murphys law.... to be so cruel against Ella

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Why???

Why is Ella so forgiving? Why are so many hardships heaped on her? Why cant her wolf return? Why... just why???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Still on Team Mark

For all of Craig's virtues, i have to wonder how much of the blind is still there, because he has said little of his Wolfs feelings. The Luna bond between mates is specific to wereWOLF not pre werewolf humans, and Ellas wolf is dead. The death of a mate is supposed to be devastating, and the only thing protecting Craigs wolf is that they wearen't bonded at the time of death. Craig's wolf will never have Ellas, and Craig can't actually mark or her properly. These dynamics of wolf death as tragedy are not well explored in the genre, unfortunately. With wolves, as with people, a mates death has two victims, in weres, it is doubled. Not even counting the ripples to family. In fact, it appears the power of the bond is already powerfully weakened, as there's none of the usual extreme claiming dynamic so common to were stories.

And of course the highly awkward matter of someone else's human babies.

I think what i like most about Mark is that he seems like the soulmate bond that she might have found if she were merely human instead of were. I like that dynamic as it reads very much like a Were-romance in reverse. Instead of the Lady's husband /boyfriend being killed and Turning her to find her wolf Mate, her wolf is killed, Turning her to human and finding a soulmate there. Despite the spirit of her wolf still being strong in her.

The best heroes and heroines are able to rise above tragedy without having fairy tale endings handed to them, and i like that you are doing that. Tragedy has ripples, choices have consequences. Like hiring humans to investigate finances that are owned exclusively by weres.... :)

Hugely enjoying the story so far, looking forward to the next chapter.

partwolfpartwolfalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the comments!

Craig got lucky in a few ways; first that he found his mate at all, second that he was spared the pain of her wolf dying. Clearly, there is more to mating than just the wolf; just like finding a human mate, except he won't be able to turn her. It will be a different bond, for sure. In his favor, she grew up looking forward to her mate so she's jumping right in and grabbing on to him, at the expense of her human love.

Mark is a great guy, he doesn't deserve to be cast aside but he can't compete with what Ella believes is her destined. They do (or at least may) have children together, they will never be apart because of this and we will see how this plays out.

The Goddess Luna in this series isn't actively involved like in the Dominant Species series. With all Ella has gone through, it isn't done- after all, this portion occurs before the Were Wars series begins, and you can read some of what is coming there.

Ella is dealing with everything the best she can. There were some comments that she didn't break down enough, but she has- she just can't do it completely. She has responsibilities, she is in danger, and she has been trained to put her needs aside for the Pack first. You can see in this part that some things are catching up, and she is starting to prioritize her life to deal with it.

Keep the seat belts fastened and remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!

grunt82abngrunt82abnalmost 7 years ago
Holy Cow?Wolf?

Sounds like an Irish drama, I Love it!!! Keep up the great writing!!!

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Which pack does Craig belong to? I couldn't keep that part straight. However, he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and has good values. The question through remains how much longer before the were-war starts. How is Ella going to survive that, and why to I get the feeling that those wolves she recruited for her blood oath will need to be hidden during the war and form the basics of her pack post-war.

Also I'm wondering if there will be a time jump.

Damn good stuff sir.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago
Mmm?

She need to move her operation to the secure den beneath the house as it was meant to keep the pack safe so would be a better place than just in the house.

As for who will be there for her and be the father for her babies, well Mark can be taken out by the spies that are watching her...problem solved on who will be the daddy. lol Her lawyer is a very smart man and will have the files placed in a secure place I'm sure in case they come after him he would also give her instructions on where to find them if needed. STILL want her wolf back and still think if her true mate marks her she will return regardless of what the doctor says as I believe that her parents dying and making her Alpha not only saved her from the mating bite but also somehow help save the wolf from the wolvesbane by pushing her way back in her mind in a deep sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
theory

only thing I can say is if word gets out she found her true mate all hell will break loose. keep in mind with there being no previous case of a former were finding its mate there is no way of knowing what is or is not possible. the fact that a human can only be mated after being changed is a moot point since being bitten by any were changes them. the real question is simple if you consider things. do you truly need to be a were to be mated? in reality there has never been an example where someone immune to being turned has tried to become mated to a wolf.

shyintxshyintxalmost 7 years ago

I think Mark needs a new love...he could be a mate to the shy wolf that's coming to help or fall in love with the one who lost her mate

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The twins

1) As an Idea the twins are fraternal, one sired by Mark the other by David Tanner, the few sperm of David's left in her vagina did not penetrate her cervix until she orgasmed with Mark, then Werewolf sperm, being stronger than human got to one of the two eggs she dropped, Marks to the other. 2) I agree with shyintx re. Mark hooking up with Melanie Schefter, as she distrusts male werewolves. She might have been rendered infertile by her gang rape at 15, thus she and Mark could adopt the Marks baby (who might grow up with some werewolf traits) to fulfill her maternal instincts. With hormone treatments starting a month before delivery she might even be able to nurse 3) Another big issue is how Craig will deal with his twin sister who aided in his mates abduction.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 7 years ago
I still think her wolf is dormant

not dead. When she mates, I think it will come back and the bite will also turn the babies, who would share the changes via bloodstream.

Hope there are no more close friends/family killed. She's had enough loss. Oh, except for Mark. I wouldn't be sad if he was collateral damage...

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago
cantfightfate

ditto

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
possible plotline

somewhere somehow I see a confrontation where he is forced to defend her by actually claiming her as his mate. of course this might only occur if the sibling in line to be alpha in his pack is killed. we have 1 pack without an heir already and if his father kills ella it would kill his son as well. the fact that he is her mate could also be used to get his father to accept his fate either in a trial or outside

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
three thoughts

while i agree with many prior posts( dormant wolf, mark and the girl , and Craig's family) three other thoughts pop, the doc and the 14 hundred something wolf bond not taking ( has to be more to it ) the twins, while i agree half siblings, what is effect on them ( will the be "normal wolves" or something slightly new) and third, she still has three packs to leaderships to crunch, ( one of which , possibly puts her as Luna in a manner ) what happens if no one steps up to take over r in vacuum ?????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Were war is coming

In this story, it is now the end of December 2015. In the first chapter of the story "Behind the Lines of the Were War" the war is said to start in August 2016, which is just eight months away. The packs that Ella wants to destroy might be destroyed (partially or completely) by the war with humans. She might not need to do all that much herself to complete her revenge.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 6 years ago
RE: Were War Coming

I think these are probably different timelines. Partwolf said he was exploring different world-building scenarios.

Personally, I don't like the forced-mating aspect at all, but I recognize the importance of forced mating to the building of dramatic tension in the story. I DO like the compromise he has put into this story, in that forced matings are still a threat, but that you cannot do it to an Alpha female. I think this is good because it prevents taking over a pack by simply raping the pack's Luna. I think if I were a werewolf, the following would make be physically ill: "Hi my name is Bob, I'm you're new Alpha, you are required to obey me because I raped your leader."

ausvirgoausvirgoover 4 years ago
Still loving it.

While some of it is predictable, like Craig being her mystery mate, there's easily enough that's not to make it a great story.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

I think this is going to be epic,she will destroy them and then the ware war will happen.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Lots of options or branches this could go. I'm wondering how much can be a happy ending and how much will be destructive foe Ella and hef allies?

jra13jra13almost 2 years ago

The reminder about the were war is a good point, there's so much overlap, we should keep the war in mind.

Great writing but jeeeezz are my eyes strained from all this binge reading!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok... This one i like... Enjoying this one... Great writing...

-jaye-

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2313 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES