All Comments on 'Stolen Birthright Ch. 60-64'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The Soccoro Cartel knows who she is and are very close handing out wanted flyers. Not sure if they've zeroed in the area she could be or if they are blanketing everywhere from mexico south. Any footage of her panther shown on NBC will confirm her existence. Any footage of the kids playing on the beach and surfing narrows the target areas to to costal areas across the world.

The Agency may search. Especially if given orders to from the White House. This also might be the beginnings of the Agency's snuggling up to the Soccoro Cartel. The Agency ratting her out to gain favor.

With Black Ker's world wide infamy the FBI will scour the US coasts and Interpol could get involved. I could be imagining off the deep end but that could be the biggest law enforcement search ever. Ella Grey #1 most wanted in the world.

Any jobs the Torchelli's make Linda do will be attributed to Ella personally from now on. At least outside the Agency. I wonder if Ella will see Gunny Rodriguez in a situation neither of them will want to be in. Say if she's located and that interview had softened public resolve on wholesale slaughter. The government could send in a sniper team including the only sniper with the goods to match her. One who knew her abilities because he'd trained her. That could be a real cluster fuck if the Cartel makes a move at the same time. She may have to rely on that friendship to save the day.

And maybe Mabel would like a Gunny for a mate? LOL The_Crazy_One got his wish with Al and Marge.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Somehow I knew Al would be a mate one of the two just didn't know which one. Its good to see Marge get her mate. The question is will they be able to have children. Marge is older with Al being close to retirement. We know its possible for a young wolf and cat to have a child together, but age is a question that has yet to be answered. And yes I did laugh my ass off.

Its good to see the wolves trying to play to the public opinion now. But honestly why did they edit Linda out of that? That's bound to get out. Either way through they should had done this as soon as that one wolf when feral and attacked that school. But we know the war goes on.

As to the Soccoro Cartel I'm not surprised they had a photo. But I remember in Mystery Mate that the FBI didn't have one as they knew of the Ker but haven't raised a stink about her jobs because they had no name nor photo. But this would answer why Ella and her pack stayed off the grid even after the war ended. However its not a bad little island to be stuck on from the sounds of it. It was offshored so trying to find its a bitch, the few locals are loyal to Ella and her pack. So she shouldn't be burned again. But between her and Al I would pity any assault that took place on that island.

Also I see this series could be tied up with the Mystery Mate as Ella has no reason to know the truth of what happened with Linda or how she and Al got burned by the Soccoro Cartel. Honestly this is going to take a lot of work to get them back in the US. Also did I just see Enrique as a cameo in this? If so that's two future wolves who had contact with wolves during the war. I should be asking these guys for powerball numbers.

nreh21nreh21almost 7 years ago

another great chapter, thanks for sharing it.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

I wondered about Enrique as well. He has had two characters with the same first name before. Linda Remington the reporter and Linda Merrill the Black Ker.

You're right. I went back looking and it appears the FBI didn't have anything so yeah there won't be any large law enforcement effort after Ella. But the Agency could be snooping around and or hinting to the cartel. Keeping them on Ella protects their operation. Eliminating an uncontrolled leak of the "Black Ker" effort and protecting the real Ker as they know it. I wonder if they are searching for Linda at this time or not. Has she been taken or did she disappear to hide from whomever tried to kill her and Al?

The humans working for them have been loyal but 5 million and a death threat to them and their families could be enough motivation to snitch.

Network anchors taking the glory for themselves isn't new. Hell, you ever see interviews from local news people with stars on a link? They could just film themselves asking the canned questions then splice the recorded star's answers. Hell it could be faked even live on the air but it was probably done more back in the days of taped interviews.

I do think Gunny Rodriguez could piece stuff together if he hears anything about a cartel leader being gunned down from long range. Maybe he sees the wolf pack interviews and, even disguised, her mannerisms look familiar. Maybe he takes a vacation south of the border.(no not south of the border off 95) LOL

He could find the hide and piece together some things. Even seeing that wanted flyer. Maybe he figures out where she's hiding. Ella could have a surprise visitor on the island. Maybe he hitches a ride with captain Enrique?

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Oddball I'm wondering if the Cartel would send the werewolves currently it its employ after Ella. They have to know that she was a shifter by the chase she gave them. But it still not really safe for Ella and her pack to leave the island either. So I'm thinking its going to be a fun little battle in the near future there. The better question is how far along is Ella at this point and how does being a werecat affect that.

As to the Gunny, I think he isn't coming back. He was there more to train Ella than anything else. But I think jumping to thinking its Linda is a mistake by Al. He knew she was with child and even though it was a pain to shift she did just to defeat the cartel hit team that when after her and him in Mexico. There would been better ways to do that not to put herself and her baby in danger. However, I can understand how Al made that jump.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Exactly, she was one who could potentially benefit so logically he would have to consider she was involved. That's the kind of consideration that turns your stomach thinking of a trusted person doing something bad to you.

Thought about the werewolves after i'd posted this morning. They would be tougher than his men and more expendable in his view more than likely. In Ella's chase there was what only 2 after her? I wonder how many the cartel has. Assuming they are rogues how are they controlling them? Are they holding mates like the mob does? Is there an alpha involved? If not, would they be susceptible to the alpha power from Ella or Craig? That might be quite a surprise to them.

I think Ella needs to turn the kids quickly. A cat will give them some protection should they need it. As well as link them to the pack and alphas. Tom and Shelly should be offered a turn. They could be either.

I know Gunny was likely a bit part but, if things i thought of happen. He sees the wolf pack interviews and notices something familiar but can't place it. He hears about the cartel leader's death and thinks that must have been her. Maybe someone from the Agency comes around asking questions? Takes her picture off a wall or something? Borrows Gunny to investigate the scene? It all could lead him to her.

Imagine if down the road you have 4 adult werecats in her pack. Two being scout snipers. lol You know Olivia would probably get trained as well. A pack with it's own scout sniper fireteam. The kids who get turned would be candidates when they get older. Then they'd have a squad.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago

Still shaking my head that so many readers feel the need to analyse this story within an inch of it creation. lol I just read the story enjoy it or shake my head at the bits I don't agree with and wait for the next, I don't feel the need to constantly bring in bits from other stories that will only confuse those who have not read the other ones yet as this story actually a prelude to the others.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

willieone,

Unlike George Lucas, partwolf can't go back and have Greedo 'shoot first' when he never even shot at all. He has already established the events, people and timeline of those stories. This 'prequel' has introduced new characters to this world and timeline. Relationships and events that weren't mentioned in the previous tales. This is approaching points in the timeline where all these characters should make appearances in those stories. The fact they didn't must be ultimately explained in some way. Which he appears to be doing.

I don't nitpick to criticize or destroy the tale. I like it very much. Interlinking the stories is great. Once it is complete, he will have a large supply of characters he could take anywhere story wise. I view the comments area like the 'Talking Dead' after a Walking Dead episode. Yell, kick, scream, say "what the fuck" etc. While the story is ongoing is the only time comments matter if at all.

Mentioning details from the other stories may confuse some. They may inspire them to read those other stories to see for themselves. Expand their view of this world he has created and it's characters.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago

Groooan... save me from over sensitive over protective fans! OddBall68 I am just giving my opinion in my comment if you don't like it, oh dear how sad never mind! I won't loose sleep over it. Have a nice day and enjoy your hollier than thou attitute.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
timing

I don't exactly get the timing and don't know if I completely trust Al after the ending of the previous chapter Everyone outside the house had been dead for days, Al was only recently shot, and a helicopter was heard flying past Ella. How could Al know Black Ker ran away unless he was there, but if he was there how did he survive the attack only to be shot before Ella got there? He was also retiring and the theory he gave about Ker can apply to him as well since he knew everything that was going on.

Odds are I'm being overly paranoid, but it does still seem a bit strange.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I think Al's going to have to wait awhile for his revenge

I'm curious, too, to find out who betrayed Al and Black Ker. My guess is that it's Trevor Madison, whose relationship with Black Ker is explained in "My Mystery Mate." I'm guessing that the events in that story take place after the events in this series. (I was initially confused, because in "My Mystery Mate", there's mention of an "Elder Grey" in the Alpha Council. At first I thought it was Ella's Dad, but if my timeline is correct, it could instead be "Elder Ella Grey" - makes sense as she's making quite an impression as an Alpha, even though she lost her wolf and gained a panther.

On the other hand, Trevor hasn't been mentioned in this story (at least I don't think) so I may be wrong. And even though he wasn't mentioned as being present at Ella's training, I'm sure he'd have contacts who could have taken the "Ella as Black Ker" photo.

Although this story has had multiple "aggravating" moments, it's still an exciting ride and I'm looking forward to the conclusion.

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
My 2 cents

Gunny Rodriguez is from a south Texas border town. On leave (regular 30 day or death/illness of a relative) he goes home and sees the wanted poster for Ella/ Black Ker and recognizing both her and the location he calls a friend at Quantico and is told that there is no known photograph of 'Black Ker' and that she has been active for years. He knew from his years of being an instructor that 'E' was not faking and truly was not an experienced sniper when she first arrived for training. He therefore knew that 'E' is not 'Black Ker'. He asks for and is granted additional 'personal' leave and sets about trying to track her down. -David

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 7 years ago
Guessing at connections

Is fun! Trying to figure out where the story is going, what's going to happen, how to explain events is a natural by product of enjoying a story. Predicting the next page is taught to early readers as a means of cementing what they've learned so far. Also used to assess the reading comprehension of the student, so being lazy about predicting suggest a deficit with input or output. Can't fully comprehend what's coming in, or you can fully comprehend but you can't seem to explain or predict what might happen next.

Anyway, I haven't read My Mystery Mate and I now wonder if reading that story would make this story more enjoyable.

partwolfpartwolfalmost 7 years agoAuthor
You can read Mystery Mate if you want

This story is still a few years behind as the Were War is ongoing and MM starts about a year after it ends.

This story will extend past the end of MM when it is done, but it will only show Ella's POV.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago
He finished the story on Wattpad

Just put stolen birthright in the search over there.

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 6 years ago
@OddBall68

Thank you for the heads up about where to find the rest of this story!

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
Last chapter is submitted

Just needs to get through reviews.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

So who set Ella up?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES