All Comments on 'Storm World Ch. 05'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
Grim537Grim537over 7 years ago
Nice!

Your story continues to become more interesting with every installment. I hope to see more soon! Thanks....

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 7 years ago
That fight at the end got my heart racing!

Nuff said,

this is amazing as always, loved the first and loving the second even more. The humour and the antics that each of the different personalities are getting up to is so clever

JC

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 7 years ago
5 stars

Thanks for this chapter. I always enjoy reading your work, and this submission shows you settling right back into the groove. Upon a savage shore is so good I have read it over half a dozen times. Storm World is shaping up to be possibly even better. Thanks for coming back to share your talent with us!

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Very nicely done.

I am thoroughly enjoying this second trip to the world of big, sexy cats. The only thing that I don't like about reading it "live" is missing the pleasure of starting at the beginning and reading until the end without the "serial" feel to it. But cliffhangers are nice too. Also the pacing is right and the information flow is set right for this type of story. Again, thanks for sharing your world with us and your talent. So I am not trying to rush you or anything when I say that if you want to post 1 or 2 installments a day, I wouldn't mind.

mrChristianmrChristianover 7 years ago
very nice

What's with all the guns??? Love the cliffhanger. Can't wait for more. Keep up the good work.

FknRaFknRaover 7 years ago
fantastic as always

I hope things are explained quickly and no one other than the idiot engineer has to get hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
List of actors?

Hi. I don't know for others, but a brief synopsis of the personnel at the start of the next chapter would be very helpful. You know them all by heart, but not all of us fans do. Thanks. 5 Stars of course, but that goes without saying.... :--)

Inevitable_Inevitable_over 7 years ago

Great Chapter, not a huge fan of cliffhangers but this one isn't that brutal as killing Ben makes zero sense. I get the sense that the gunner is going to end up dead at some point, already bristling over not being in command, failing in a fight against a human, his ego is going to drive him to stupidity beyond what has already happened at some point. The other male is much more mild mannered and an enlisted man(if I understand the military structure correctly) so it's unlikely he'd do anything stupid.

The varying lucidity dynamic is interesting, can't wait to see how that goes

Hopefully you're finding a good rhythm now that you aren't as busy at work, can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome

Thanks for the update. I really like your world and the characters. Thanks again.

texanguy1texanguy1over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it....5 stars

Again a great chapter. Keep em coming. Uass is by far one of my favorite stories. Let me just say thanks from all of your fans. So get to work writing the next installment.

GriffinCri7GriffinCri7over 7 years ago
Impressions

I get the impression that we may be hoping to make something out of the gunner. Though definitely not the favorite character there is definitely potential there.

Best of hope and support to you and yours.

Sid0604Sid0604over 7 years ago
5 Stars...

Thank you for another great chapter. Easily worth 5 stars.

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
Ooops

"ten square by ten square", checkers is acutally played on chess board, which is actually 8 x 8

Mal

toxicator1toxicator1over 7 years ago
Great chapter!

I know I have no right to ask anything of you, but could you please give us an index on all the characters being talked about because I feel I am no longer familiar with all of the jzav'Etch names and appearances by heart. Thank you so much.

and keep up the good work.

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
Fantastic 5 stars

Welcome back, though I didn't comment on previous chapter. Despite the absence you don't seem to have lost much of the writing mojo. Wonderful chapter loved it.

Mal

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
bugger

lost not much of the mojo

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
nice cliffhanger

Well, it finally happened. Great place to end the chapter. Looks like ol' Ben just made himself bachelor #1 on the planet. We all know what's coming in the female department, but I wonder if the other jZav males will start taking their cues from Ben now.

RipperFishRipperFishover 7 years agoAuthor
Ozkiwi/Mal and toxicator

Ozkiwi/Mal – You would be right except Benjamin plays SPACE checkers. Much more better than regular checkers.

Also, for everyone wanting a character list, I added one to the Savage Shore Universe thread on the Author’s Hangout forum: Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout > The Savage Shore Universe

If you have more questions or want greater detail than what’s provided, please post your question there. By doing that you may be asking something another reader wants to know. Keep in mind, anyone can go to that thread. It isn’t just for authors.

hellinahelmethellinahelmetover 7 years ago
Rock and Roll...

All right, I was waiting for this chapter, didn´t let me down...setting everything up very well...

wolfheart78wolfheart78over 7 years ago
i love this storie

I cant wait for the next chapter i hope in the future you will add more to this universe you have created

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It's getting better and better. Next chapter please

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Leadership

If Ben and M'peth qHo are patient and skillful, they may make something out of vEss yet. I get the definite impression that there is much more to Mr. Ben than meets the eye. He sure dropped Gunny with ease and speed! I really like the way Benjamin is slowly coming out of his fugue. After all, he has been all alone on a hellish planet for years, lost his mind and still survived. It will take him a while to re-orient himself.

Storm World is just as absorbing as UASS. The pacing and dialogue are natural and even. The mysteries are stacking up. Turbine for power? Satellites? Food? Fast and furious the hints dropping are. Lead on, MacDuff!

StangrynStangrynover 7 years ago
Love it!

I've gotta say. I'm loving how this story is turning out. (Though I'd feel like a liar if I didn't point out there are still a few odd word choices, likely spell check changed words on you. Things like Ruble instead of rubble, rigged instead of rigid... though that one might just be a difference in regional dialect than I'm used to).

Anyway, keep up the good work Ripperfish!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Please, more!!!

More!!! The only thing frustrating about this story is having to wait for updates.

Inevitable_Inevitable_over 7 years ago
@anon regarding leadership

I think Gunner is a term that would be more applicable in this case to a weapons or tactical officer. Otherwise I can't see what claim he would have to try and take over command even with their society the way it is, she would still be a commissioned officer, as is the pilot and he would be an enlisted man

Posiden6200Posiden6200over 7 years ago
Love the series

It always makes me happy when I see a new chapter for this story. You have created a universe I want to find so much more about. Please keep up the amazing work, I can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great work

Excellent story. Professional level writing. Characters are starting to really develop. Counting days until next chapter! :)

kenalbuskenalbusover 7 years ago
Quality dialog

"I think I just broke my fucking fingers! Fuck!"

*Inhales* Beautiful. The rest of the story is very enjoyable, but this made me laugh out loud. I look forward to your next post.

GriffinCri7GriffinCri7over 7 years ago
answering "inevitable"

The impression I'm getting is that the alien military hierarchy is a little bit different. In as much as an in listed man such as a Sargent would have about the equal weight as say a colonel. In other words the fighters and workers are given much more respect.

RipperFishRipperFishover 7 years agoAuthor
Clearing up a bit.

There are no non-commissioned officers in the jZav`Etch military system. There are specialists and veterans that can be employed as leaders of enlisted troops, but their leader status is fluid.

Pilot Officer Liat `del Qha was First Officer of the Char`Noth. Her equivalent CP rank would be first lieutenant. She outranks Chep `Urt vEss in the command structure.

Chief Weapons Officer Chep `Urt vEss was Second Officer of the Char`Noth even though he would also have the equivalent rank of first lieutenant. The reason he is outranked is that Liat `del Qha has seniority in service and aboard the ship.

Both of these fleet officers are outranked by Commander M`peth qHo of the Intelligence Branch. However, M`peth qHo does not have combat experience. Therefore, if they get into a fight she can be pushed aside by Liat `del Qha. What's more, if Liat `del Qha does not perform effectively she can be pushed aside by Chep `Urt vEss.

I'll try to clean up my notes so they make sense and add this information to the forum thread. jZav`Etch military hierarchy is a bit confusing to people accustomed to European or American rank systems. It took me a little while to figure it out, but I promise you it does work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent

It is clear you are starting to roll with this story. Your last story was one of the best on this site and this one promises to be excellent as well. Thank you for taking the time to write this and submit it here.

manlycheemanlycheeover 7 years ago
fun

great read so far. caught up to the current chapter. waiting now ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Take!!!

"Take" that so what I hear the female's saying after that fight. Benjamin is going to be a busy guy. .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
more story

great story like see more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Christmas miracle...

Dear Santa,

Please let RipperFish discover a telepathic typewriter so that I can read a completed novel by the end of this year. At the very least a time traveling device that allows him to post all the chapters by tomorrow. Some elven or fairy dust that allows him to function without sleep should do the trick as well.

Sincerely just another fanatic of a reader that hates the cliffs

freakingfreakingover 7 years ago
More please

A young kitten walked up to Mr. Ripperfish,held out his bowl and asked

"Please sir can I have some more" . Please..

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorabout 7 years ago
Yeah, what's with all the guns?

LMAO! That was Excellent! Well, we can guess that the volcano's activity cycle is nearing eruption - and that the scientists figured out that it would be a Doozy.

Now, how long until they figure this information out... or Ben gets enough clarity to remember why he was building a boat!

Oh, and though several have guns, Ima's Got to be practically ready to shout "TAKE!?" lol

Fantastic storytelling RF, thanks!

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love it!

"What's with all the guns?" LOL!

I can just see the look on his face now, truly confused and guileless :D

J

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

I just need for Benjamin to get his head out of his ass and take control of the cats. Fuck'm or fight'm, but on with the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES