All Comments on 'Strange Car in the Driveway - A Sequel'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Much better ending!

Bizarre ending of original story improved to more realistic ending. Some might think a cliche but bizarre stuff of original story is even more of a counterpoint cliche lacking any resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NICE.

ENJOYABLE ENOUGH ALTHOUGH I THINK A LITTLE SYMPATHY BY HER HUSBAND TOWARDS HER AFTER DISCOVERING HER SICKNESS (after all people who suffer from these complaints usually need all the help they can get,wonder the husband never noticed her condition and needs before) DIVORCE YES,BUT MAYBE SPEND SOME OF THE AWARD MONEY TO HELP HER CONDITION RATHER THAT BTB ATTITUDE, GOOD FOLLOW UP STORY,THANKS, 4⭐️. P.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Liked this finish to the story. Foolish, manipulative wife got exactly what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lost one star...

because of the psycho babble bullshit about the wife being mentally ill.

If you kept to the history of the character, she was just a heartless cruel individual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
EdRider stories are not unfinished...

I get a little tired of the need for small minded people to have someone else finish his stories. Have things really gotten so bad that we have no imagination and need someone else to finish a story? Well here is a news flash, NO STORY IS EVER FINISHED! Even if the sun goes nova tomorrow will the story be finished so get over it.

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 5 years ago
Yes!!

Much better ending.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Wow! I really did want to see that selfish woman pay...

...but I never saw it going this far. You made a compelling case for mental illness. That was intense, but very good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Psycho babble bullshit

Sequel beginning and middle very good but ending sucked

Don't expect total realism don't even want BUT

Throw way out left or if you want right field events with no precursor NO

Wanted revenge got revenge but not parallel to suffering

Liked school and teacher paid for their part boss got hers Good

Ending no

Logins forgetful johntwheels@aol

rodryder44rodryder44about 5 years ago
Stranger ending

The ending was overkill.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Very well written.

Dovetailed quite nicely from the original. Respect for taking it to a pretty good conclusion which is not an easy task.

TajfaTajfaalmost 5 years ago
Mental illness is real

The woman was sick, yes sick. If she had cancer people would have sympathy but because it's an unseen illness she gets treated like she had total choice in her behaviour. She didn't commit adultery. Once the diagnosis was confirmed her husband and family should have rallied round to get her treatment. Well written but the ending and treatment of a sick person was too harsh. 4 stars - took one off because of the ending.

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956almost 5 years ago
Nice sequel

Enjoyed this a great deal. Thanks. 5*

JBinGAJBinGAover 4 years ago
Great sequel!

Well done! I would have added some extensive misery for Vera, but then I'm a vindictive SOB! LOL ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Now THIS is a proper ending...not that ridiculous attempt by GA.

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Excellent Alternate Ending

Well done. Amazinging true to the original storyline and thorough in every detail. A very satisfying alternate ending.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
Hmmmmm

I read the original story some time ago. Bits and pieces of this story sound familiar as well so I guess I've read it before as well.

The writing in this story was Technically good, certainly good by Lit standards. I think I caught one typo/misspelling, but that's minor to the plot and didn't slow me down. There could be more, I miss my own constantly.

It sounded to pat to me, everything fell in place, and 'consequences' or not this story falls right in to the BTB type - in my opinion - that and a dollar'll get a cup of coffee. Everything about his revenge, the boss getting canned, the promotion being delayed, the uber boss taking his side etc etc was just too simplistic and not nearly as convoluted as real life.

However, if you want to punish the wife for cruel and unusual punishment, she got punished in this story. I voted five because it was interesting and kept my attention all the way through. Even if I would have done it differently it was a good take.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Great job

I loved this except the end. Sometimes people ARE responsible for their shitty actions and using medical terms was a cop out for the wife.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

I've read all takes on the story and yours is the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hands Down...The Best

If this story doesn't rate 5 stars, no story does.

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
IF ONLY!

I have read a number of stories in this category(LW) and they ALWAYS penalize the husband, even if, and it sometimes seems, especially if, the wife has shown callous disrespect for the husband and/or moral depravity in her extra marital sex life! (neither constitute a good example for their children) Although I cannot affect the miscarriages of justice in US 'family court' This ending gives me hope that other people out there realize just how coorrupt and naive the judges in that section often perform. Any judges or lawyers reading, forget your personal opinion AND GET IT FIXED! Great Story, Thank You 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Justice was Served!

Good story, great ending.

I see Timriv has changed his profile, but is still up to his same old games.

His old profile told us how his SECOND wife also CHEATED, but being the enlightened, modern man that he is. He KEPT her. But still criticizes almost anyone who won't do the same.

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 4 years ago
Now this is what was needed!

Great ending to the story by edrider73!! If he had not decided to fail in his attempt to entertain he might have had a very good story! Anyway you made a up for it!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Won't Say It Wouldn't Work

This way in the real world but this is much better than the other sequels and it had to come from across the pond. One thing I noticed was it was one of Randi's pals that got it right. I said after reading GA's version that Vera was delusional, seems someone else thought so to and wrote it that way, good job MBUK. Signed: BTW

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Much better ending, well done

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 4 years ago
Great Ending

Thank you for a much better ending to the story. Elrider does write great stories, but with this one he really messed up the ending.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 4 years ago
This ending is too dark, IMO

Rider's story has Vera committing a cruel act against her husband and her marriage. It certainly does suggest she has some barely surpressed anger. In general, for the years of her marriage, she was a normal loving human being. The genius of the origional story was it all followed once one accepted suspension of belief of the play, and the plot was quite origional in all resprects. However, this ending was singularly filled with every BTB trope there is. It is totally incongerous with the origional story. I think a sequal should continue the story elements and style,

It failed miserably by that standard.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Gave this a 5 because it was so well written like your other stories.

However I have a little heartburn with the plot. First of all Vera never called her husband all night. His phone should have been filled with missed calls and messages. Her sudden manifestation of a mental illness was not enough to cover this. I also have a little problem with that diagnosis as too extreme to not have manifested itself at some time since college.

Next, when Gary enters his house the next morning, he finds Reg , his wife and Vera all in the living room on a sofa with his arms around both women. (Why would he be touching Vera if he had not already done something.) They were deep in conversation. How do three people have a serious conversation without at least one face the others? Also why were they even there that early? They could not really expect Gary to just show up. And if they did they would not have been sitting there all snuggled up hip to hip? Were they there all night?

Next the drugs. Ok Reg and Penny were scum and had evil intentions, but if they were waiting for Gary to drug him, they would have needed some of the roofies in a pocket, ready at hand. They would not have assumed Gary would let them back inside on another occasion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just a terrible story

You took an interesting and thought provoking original story and put a stupid BTB second chapter on it. I feel so sorry for authors like you and the people who vote 5 stars for a story like this. I can’t imagine how miserable your lives must be for you to enjoy a story like this.

TreymonTreymonalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

Even if some self proclaimed geniuses are offended.

Helen1899Helen1899almost 4 years ago
Just awful

The original story could have been great, but lacked a cohesive ending. I was thrilled when I found this, but I wished I had missed it. It was just awful, undeserving to be linked with a good author like Edrider73. It started sensibly enough but after that it was all down hill, I hate stories were children get hurt badly, there is no place for them on Literotica. Was there any need for Reg and Penny to have children? there was no mention of them in the original, I am sure they were included to shock. Did the story really need the drugs bust no. I could go on all day about Vera's illneses, but won't bore you with my thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I'm not sure what story Helen1899 read, but it obviously wasn't this one. This was actually an improvement on the original. I'd recommend Helen put down the bottle or the narcotics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Awesome, but

The first story made me sick, it was interesting, but sick. I think I made a comment that I wouldn't even think to do something like that to my worst enemy, nevermind my spouse.

I only have two quibbles about this story, the first being I can't see the University dept being at fault. Just can't see them being responsible about a creative writing/drama arts dept play. I don't remember them saying that they were actually going to reenact this in such a way.

The second is even more trivial, and that is I just can't imagine how a person that is that fucked in the head, would actually break down after sentencing. Both very minor points as author turned a twilight zone scenario into the realm of sanity.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Good sequel but

I don’t know that you can call the first one a classic given it’s score

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
I Enjoyed It

Very well written, this sequel was far better then the original ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
She has what

She has a severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder, with elements of psychopathy, too. She also suffers from Schizophrenia and a Dissociative Identity Disorder."

I didn't know this story was about my ex-wife 😁

trance00trance00over 3 years ago
Overboard

I am a fan of your writing, Matt, but you really went overboard with this one. I am not an expert, but know a good bit and based on what I know, while she may be a narcissist, I don't see any obvious symptoms of psychopathy, schizophrenia, nor evidence of alternate personalities. I don't think it's necessary for the wife to have any serious mental illness at all. All that's necessary is a wife isolated by pursuing a new interest and a smart seducer ready to take advantage of the situation. He used writing the play as a way to get her to imagine why she might have an affair and to get her used to the idea of justifying her husband's pain for her own selfish purposes. And not just justifying it, but actually doing it. She became her own Dr. Mengele, experimenting on and torturing not strangers, but her husband, which makes her worse. The fact that the woman didn't cheat in the play may mean the wife never would, but that doesn't change what she did do. It was probably just overenthusiasm, thoughtlessness, making false assumptions, and poison being dripped in her ears by others that caused her to do what she did, maybe. I feel that you catastrophized the ending with the mental illness to justify the husband getting custody and the wife's incarceration and it just didn't ring true for me. It seemed like you were placating the BTB crowd. There's nothing wrong with a good BTB story as long as it doesn't seem obvious. You're a good writer, I'm a fan, it's your version of this universe, so what you say goes, and I did enjoy reading it, but it just didn't ring true for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better

Better than the original by far, but the conclusion is far too easy.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Ooh, someone got sectioned! Sweet dreams, Vera. Get well soon.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

This is the sequel that I was looking for. Even though Vera gets off by being a psycho , everyone else gets burned pretty well. Especially good punishment for the boss and the college professor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Read all three submissions

This is by far the best.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago
And I Thought My Ex

Who was manic depressive then and which would now be in the vein of Bipolar now was batshit crazy even when she did take her medication. When my attorney asked me who her psychiatrist was I told him and his response was "I'm sorry to hear that." Some things you never forget, even decades later. It seems after reading about Vera I was still correct about my ex but Vera is off the charts. The story was a wee bit of a stretch in a couple of places but it's fiction, I hope, and is the best of 'Strange Car...' stories.

I thought GA's version was good but I had a problem with the wife and Reg jumping into bed after believing Gary had committed suicide. But if you take this version of the wife into account I'd have to rethink that. I did wonder why in GA's version they weren't surprised at not finding his body in the bedroom where they fucked, after all that's where her letter, script and the tablet they were listening on were. Signed: BTW

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

I don’t like it when people excuse Evil as mental illness.

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleevealmost 3 years ago

Just one comment on an otherwise good story conclusion: police would still need a SW for a vehicle not owned by the Property Holder, even if it is on PP. SW are based on PC, but the PC provided in the story would not be enough for a warrant, thus making the evidence found “fruits of the poisonous tree” and would be suppressed.

Otherwise and entertaining story. Thanks!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

BATF doesn't investigate local firearms theft, unless Federal crimes are involved. In this case... none were. Also, without actionable PC (probable cause), if Rog didn't want his vehicle searched, the police would've needed either a search warrant or, if an outside check of the vehicle by a canine revealed contraband, they would then have probable cause to search. Gary's assertion that "it's either in their home or their SUV" is not probable cause.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh Legio, I never see it in you to nitpick. What about the story though?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Normally I like your stuff. This was just a little too much so not my normal high marks.

anon.1

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

If the original by edrider73 left me cold with it’s gratuitous humiliation of the husband (Gary), this ‘part 2’ version left me even colder with gratuitous cruelty against the wife (Vera) and their children by removing them from her. 3 stars.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the start, but then you delved too far away from a wife that seemed to love her husband but had royally fucked up, or screwed the pooch as they say.

Staying that route would have made a far better story than the direction you ended up going.

I remember reading this once before and I may have been less critical and usually the second time through will resolve that issue for me.

The part with Karen I think, was spot on, and decently done, but this died a long death once he saw she never called him.

Sorry.

traddisagaintraddisagainover 2 years ago

a silly sequel to a silly story. I've often complained about writers lack of imagination but these two authors seem to have gone 'over the top'

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 2 years ago

This was a little too pat. Wife ruined, husband gets promoted, kids are in his custody, bad actors end up in jail, etc. only thing missing is a new, beautiful woman for hubby Gary. Gave it 4 stars anyway for pretty good writing and for originality. Thanks.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

OK i am not one to defend cuckold stories on the other hand if you like em go for it. Now some i get annoyed by the overkill like this one i have read several versions and for the life of me i think i would laugh in relief then rage om the room and car go for a bit of camping, then see the humour GTF over myself lest i think so. But, well written interesting dialog but have i to of missed something, and this one does explain what was missed oddly(maybe ironically) this version would make a great play(very metta) were what was created in your twists could be performed with some nuance to make it a less jarring ending though a Narcissistic actor/writer dam dude close to home lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good ending to a frustrating original story.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I agree with the prognosis of Vera. It's the only thing, in my mind, that can explain her cruel behavior towards her husband.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Maybe a little heavy handed with both the drug thing and the mental illness of Vera, but it all sort of comes together in a way that helps me understand how she could have done such a thing. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Matt took a clever little story meant to seem humorous and turned it very dark.

From a point of view of plot, characters, research, editing etc. it is a 5.

Caveat, The destruction of a family by mental illness was torment for my soul.

In my opinion, the author should have continued the story to a good ending for the husband and children.

I guess I am a Romantic at heart.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A bit thin and cut and dried.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Maybe over the top on the diagnosis of wife's medical illness, but her conduct certainly was extremely cruel and thoughtless.

To all the Literotica lawyers. Warrantless vehicle searches are lawful under US Supreme Court precedent if the police have Probable Cause to believe there is contraband in the vehicle. In fairness, PC is razor thin here though a combination of wife's admission about removing the gun and Reg's statements when Gary got home might (barely) make it.

Medussa55Medussa5510 months ago

Always difficult commenting on a sequel by a different author. This sequel addressed my concerns when I read the original story. She's mentally ill was my my exact thought. OK the revenge was a little heavy and the lack of explanation of Reg and Penny's ultimate motives made the ending seem rushed. Still a good plot and conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interpreting the ending, you're saying she never saw her children again??

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is not remotely like the original story. Became dark and twisted and sinister. Wth? The revenge was crazy over the top. People like this who read the original? What went from being tricked and duped and going too far to NPD, Schizophrenia, etc. Huh?

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

I can't make my mind up, but am falling on the side of, not that good,

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

You Rock Matt!! Always have. Thanks for sharing and putting yourself out there constantly

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So basically she did it because she's bat-shit crazy? Hmm I dunno I didn't really pick up that vibe in the original though I suppose it's possible. I'd prefer a more down-to-earth explanation not involving her being nuts; just stupid and selfish, and then a reconciliation.

RePhilRePhil2 months ago

Back for my quarterly read hahaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Best burn to a Psycho Bitch from the Deepest Darkest shit holes of Hell. Best to keep her locked up in a one way cell that never had a key to open it once occupied.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later