Succubus Inquisition Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

****************************************

Bree stormed out of the throne room huffing, her face scrunched angrily. After all this time Athanatos didn't even care about finding his mentor. She had put the search on hold for the greater good. But if they were close to winning shouldn't they at least spend some effort on searching for Yshomatsu?

It's been months without any hint about his whereabouts or if he was even alive. Two of her tails appeared and twitched back and forth. Her emotional state made it difficult to control her unique powers.

It pissed her off when Athan ignored her question. She couldn't take it anymore. They could finish cleaning up the world without her. What did she care? Bree just wanted to see her love again, to squeeze him tight and never let go.

The kitsune hustled through the tower's corridors with only one goal in mind, to get out. Each time she looked at the glossy walls it reminded her of the rescue mission. A memory she did not cherish. She had successfully rescued Amber, but at what cost? It sent a shiver up her spine. They hadn't stood a chance against Meridiana honestly. The succubus only lost because she underestimated Amber's attachment to her master. That bond had developed beyond master and slave. In fact Amber never acted like a slave.

In truth Amber acted like a freed woman. Bree understood all too well how serving Meridiana had been. That was the true slavery, mind-controlled and helpless.

Her frustration lingered until the warm sun touched her face. Sje was too distracted to notice a presence closing in on her.

The sinister tower pulsed once as the kitsune felt a strong desire to turn back. The thought did not sit well with her so resisting didn't take much effort. She took another step out into the soil. The warm air felt great as it spread around her furred body.

She paused for a moment, enjoying the feeling as she looked around. The remains of the old monk monastery reminded her of the painful memories. Yshomatsu had spoken highly of his brethren. Both of the monks were deeply affected by their loss.

A flush spread across her cheeks when an image of Amber alone with Athan popped into her head. Amber's pheromones had her on edge for quite a while. She needed to get laid. And for that she wanted Yshomatsu. If only she had a hint or lead to follow.

Suddenly she couldn't help but think that exchange had been very odd. Athanatos acted slightly off, as if he wasn't himself. It didn't make sense why he didn't at the least have someone out there looking for his mentor. Those two were close friends, survivors.

A rustling sound went unnoticed as she fought with the rising desire to turn back. At first she didn't care, but the more she thought about it the more it troubled her. It wouldn't sit well with her if she found out she had left Amber in a trap. They anticipated a trap, but Bree had let her emotions get the better of her. Clouded by anger she stormed out.

Maybe the warm sunlight had cleared her head.

She didn't get a chance to change her mind as white cloth shot out of the doorway. The attack came so suddenly she never even heard it. The sudden realization hit when the cloth snapped around her neck and constricted. Gasping for air she attempted to claw at her neck.

Her two tails whipped around wildly to no avail before the strand pulled back. The tower's doorway began to close the moment she had been pulled back inside. She had been so close to getting away! Why did she have to pause and second-guess herself?

Bree spun around to face a large muscular body wrapped by the same cloth that tightened around her neck. Without air she couldn't inquire or even think for that matter. She saw red as her lungs began to burn. The assailant smiled wickedly, his bright golden eyes shone with malicious intent.

Before the lights went out the kitsune felt a powerful pulse arise from the obsidian walls. The familiar pulse boiled her blood as her nether lips quivered. Those golden orbs remained bright as the light faded from his face. And then the doorway slammed shut as a stronger pulse vibrated to her core.

The world went fuzzy briefly, before the burning in her chest consumed her last thought, fading to black.

***************************

Sunlight reflecting into the cavern woke up Neltharion. The black whelp stretched out and shook his scaled hide. He stood up on four strong limbs, three times the size when he hatched. Small, blackish-blue spikes were growing on his muscular shoulders, surrounded by smooth, dark scales that appeared slimy.

A grumbling in his stomach gave him an idea. Quietly he climbed over the pile of sleeping dragons. A mix of chlorine and sulfur filled his nostrils as he looked down.

Katla and Alexandra were cuddled together, eyes wide open, looking up at him. Their snouts were open and appeared to be smirking.

Neltharion lowered his head and nuzzled them both. Two lumps on his forehead began to itch as his forehead rubbed against theirs. It wouldn't be long before his horns started to grow. They took the hint and quietly followed him out into the light.

The two sisters were slimmer than their older brother, in both height, and muscles. None of them made any sound as Alexandra glanced back. Her tongue flicked out briefly. Yshomatsu didn't stir so she kept on going.

Out in the cold morning air Neltharion took a deep breath, ran forward and leapt. His small wings opened and did little more than glide as his body weight descended fast. He hit the ground with a clumsy, loud thud and skidded to a stop. Rocks echoed as they rolled down the hill.

He looked back embarrassingly as he watched the two females walking toward him. Alexandra had a little hop to her step, and glint in her eyes, amused at his expense. Katla, however, wasn't even looking as she followed, distracted by all the new smells and sounds.

The black and red whelp carried on as the three of them continued down the mountain. They rubbed against each other, jumped, and snapped playfully. Neltharion followed a scent that made his mouth water and stomach grumble.

It was their first time away from home without Yshomatsu. They had no fear as Nel led the way down the mountain into the trees. The temperature dropped as they entered the shade. Squirrels and rabbits scurried and scattered as the whelps passed by. Alexandra's mouth watered, eyes darting to and fro as the animals ran.

Before long they arrived at a wide body of flowing water. To the newborn dragons it looked like a river, wide and deep. Green plants grew all around the blue sparkling water. Every size of rock from small stones to large boulders covered the riverbank.

Neltharion's tongue flicked out, his focus turning to tunnel vision—nothing else mattered. The scent came from within the water. His eyes squinted, spotting light reflecting in quick movements. Drool fell from his salivating snout as his stomach gave off another growl.

I'm a flash he jumped, folded his wings and dove into the cold stream. A moment later he came back up with a thick, wiggling salmon. He struggled briefly against the water's current before finally rising up the bank. The small animal tasted divine to the whelp, as he savored each bite. Neltharion loved the taste, bone and all.

Alexandra sat off to the side chewing at a small, bloody patch of meat. Her deep red scales shone brightly in the beam of sunlight in which she lounged.

Nel looked around but couldn't spot Katla. He stood up, dropping the half-eaten fish and sniffed the air. With another deep sniff he couldn't even detect her potent scent of chlorine. The black whelp rushed over and nudged red's neck. In response she snapped at him before returning to her meal.

A patch of vibrant green leaves rustled above his head so he looked up. The natural looking leaves came alive, shifting into scales as they returned to normal. Katla leapt from the branch. A flutter of feathers whizzed by, catching the startled bird with a snap of her jaws.

Feathers scattered to the four winds before Katla opened her wings and glided to the ground with a much lighter thud than Neltharion's earlier attempt. She carried herself with a graceful elegance.

With a snort Nel returned to his fish and quickly found himself hungry for another.

Water splashed as the whelp sought more food. His body curved along with the current as he closed in on a darting salmon. Like a serpent he closed in on his prey. The fish shot up, out of the water only to be followed by the small dragon whelp. His black scales reflected sunlight, appearing slimy as the water rushed back with gravity. Nel snatched the tasty morsel and dove back into the river. The feel of cold water against his body gave him a rush, as if he belonged in the water.

The current picked up before he realized he had gone further downstream than before. Quickly he rose to the surface expecting to see his sisters ready to rescue him. They weren't. He let go of the salmon and yelped out for help. The cry didn't travel far before being drowned out by the approaching rapids. He kept trying until his vocal cords felt hoarse, and then he tried again, and again.

His four limbs kicked with all his might just to keep his head above. The water pulled him roughly against the many rocks scattered within his path. Each time he went under he felt like he'd never surface again.

******

Yshomatsu woke up with a yawn. The morning sunlight warmed the cavern's entrance. Dragus stirred with a squeak and Ysho's heart warmed at the sound.

He needed to go out hunting before the whelps got hungry.... They were alone in the large cavern. The other whelps weren't sleeping at his feet. In a panic he rose to his feet and the bronze whelp fell to the ground with a low growl.

A crack echoed throughout the rock walls. Just great! This was not the time for another egg to hatch!

Ysho looked down, the blue egg's crack spread until it looked like a spider's web. The newborn whelp leapt from the egg with a cheerful chirp. Shell fragments shattered across the cavern floor in every direction. This whelp looked nothing like the others, it had frilled ears, and smooth, glossy eyes without any pupils. Peering into those eyes made Ysho feel as though he stared into eternity. A thick scent of ozone and sand filled his nostrils.

"Ladon."

In the next moment the male, blue whelp tackled Dragus to the ground as the two wrestled like long lost friends. So much for an introduction, he chuckled before feeling concerned. Their wrestling got a little too close to the last egg.

The large crimson dragon moved the white egg to the far corner of the room, far from the two whelps. Before leaving he barked a command for the two whelps to stay.

He hoped they would listen.

The large dragon shot out of the cavern mouth like a bolt of lightning. His wings curled against his body as the large body gained speed. Of the three whelp's scents the sulfur could be detected but it was faint.

The scent traveled straight down the mountain and Ysho found himself worrying that they may have fallen. From the air he could see a small creek. The stream wouldn't be deep for him, but the whelps? His draconic eyes zoomed in to see the red and green drake lounging around. Remnants of bones were scattered around them.

He closed in on them and searched for Neltharion but he couldn't see or smell him. Yshomatsu landed with a cloud of dust and an angry roar, startling the whelps. He reached out to their minds and questioned the location of their brother. Both whelps tilted their heads but made no response. Right. . . They couldn't speak yet, vocally or mentally.

A very faint cry echoed from downstream. He didn't need to hear it twice. Yshomatsu leapt into the air, wings flapping with strong desperation.

He didn't have time to notice the two whelps rise behind him as they ran after along the riverbank.

It only took a minute for the large dragon to reach the rapids. He spotted Neltharion easily as the whelp's black form thrashed around within the raging current. Large crimson wings folded into his body as he plummeted down to the water. Ysho landed and the earth shook from his impact, water sprayed everywhere. The raging rapids were just deep enough for his massive form to sink down to his belly. He lowered his head and opened his maw, catching Nel by the shoulders before rising. The slick rocks proved difficult to traverse. He eventually carried the whelp to land and plopped him down.

The black whelp's body shook with fright, rather than from the cold water. The two slimmer whelps ran up and nuzzled their petrified brother.

Yshomatsu gathered the whelps up and placed them on his shoulders. In haste he traveled back toward the cavern hoping the two he left behind were still there.

Inside the cave he found the two cuddled together, fast asleep. Alexandra and Katla hopped off his shoulders and cuddled up with them.

Nel didn't move so Ysho turned to look back at him. The whelp looked like he expected to be punished. Either that or the little one had been brooding the entire trip. The crimson dragon chuckled before plucking the whelp up in his jaws to place him down with the others. It took a few moments before the little guy settled down. Neltharion's breathing calmed with deep slumber quite a few minutes later.

Now that all of the whelps were sleeping Ysho felt it would be the best time to go hunting, before another one of them felt confident enough to wander off on his own. Carefully he left the cavern without a sound. He even walked further away than normal before taking off into the air.

The afternoon sun warmed his scales as he soared among the clouds. He watched the ground for movement while gliding along the thermal currents. Each time something moved, his eyes zoomed in for an extreme close up. Small game didn't interest him. He wanted enough meat to last the whelps several days so he could sleep without worrying.

Time meant nothing while he concentrated on the hunt. Even his heart rate slowed as he calmly scanned the ground below. Then his patience paid off.

A large elk darted between the trees. He almost missed it. Before he reacted more objects moved among the trees. Three large eagles were chasing the elk. Part of him wanted to let them have it, but no. After all, he was hungry too.

His decision made, he tucked in his wings and fell like a boulder. The wind whistled past his ears as the distance closed. He whizzed between two eagles and caught the third in his jaws. It didn't stand a chance as his teeth tore through its flesh with ease.

Distracted by the large prey he collided into the elk and rolled, barreling through a tree trunk. It exploded as the three bodies came to a halt in the dirt.

Luckily he didn't have to react to the elk getting away. The weight of his body had seen to that. Yet in his daze he had forgotten about the other two.

Large talons sank into his shoulder before two beaks pecked at his neck. His pain-filled roar echoed through the area. Ysho reacted like a wounded bear, thrashing out wildly. He bucked the one on his shoulders off and smacked the other with his head.

With room between them he curled around to face the eagles, snarling to show off the bloody daggers within his maw. A deep breath inflated his body to be more threatening.

He snapped each time one of them tried to inch closer. Whatever courage they had entered with had run out when he fought back. Their heads tilted as they sought a weakness to exploit. Ysho responded by lashing his tail like a whip. Dirt clouds followed and by the time it all cleared the eagles were gone. He looked up, watching their forms fly off.

Pain spiked through his shoulder as he turned back toward his kills. The smell of blood was thick but he wondered how much of it belonged to him. The fall had hurt but he didn't have any trouble moving so nothing must have been broken.

It took real effort to return to the cavern with the dead weight in his talons. The pain shot up his spine with each flap of his wings. It wouldn't take long to heal but it would irritate him until it did.

Ysho landed with a clash that echoed into the cave. Shortly thereafter the five whelps came out into the light. Drool fell from their jaws as they spotted fresh meat.

He tossed the elk at them. It landed and rolled once before they pounced. Squeaks of glee were sounded as they tore the flesh to shreds.

Another form came out into the light, this one with scales so white it appeared to glow in the sun. The newborn was the smallest of them all but she moved with a form of elegance. Her eyes had a sense of sharp intelligence as they regarded the area intensely. She took another step and Ysho noticed her paw was wide with sharp claws.

The closer she got to her siblings the more her details became apparent. Her scaled hide appeared to resemble fur or feathers rather than scales. Even her wings were formed slightly different than the others.

The sun had warmed the area quite nicely but when she came out the temperature dropped as if her body emitted frost with each step. The others moved around the carcass. At first Ysho thought they were simply making room for the newborn but he realized they were moving out of the cold. The chill didn't seem to reach the other side of the elk.

The glowing white whelp stopped within a foot of the torn flesh. Blood seeped from the areas the others had fed from. She regarded it with a tilt of her head, forked tongue flicked out. She sat down as her neck arched, took a deep breath and exhaled. Chilling frost expelled from her open maw in a condensed blast.

An area of meat froze before she stopped. Now she regarded the meat as appetizing. Her form dashed forward to peck at the frozen flesh.

The entire time she had kept a curious eye on Yshomatsu. All of the eggs were hatched. Now he just had to make sure they grew up healthy.

"Skylla seems a fitting name for you, little one." His voice grumbled deeply. The whelp tore a piece of flesh free and looked back up at him. She gave no reaction as she ate the frozen flesh. Afterwards she returned to eating. He didn't know what to make of that. The others had reacted happily when he named them. Did she not like the name? He hoped not, but she didn't seem to have an interest in the other whelps either.

The thought suddenly occurred to him that he could have eaten his meal before returning. That would have lessened the load on his injured shoulder. But then again, it felt better to eat alongside the whelps. He dug into the eagle's corpse, savoring the taste, once he got past the feathers.

Unbeknownst to any of them, the two hungry eagles had followed the crimson dragon home. They watched the whelps from within a large oak tree. An hour later six more eagles joined them. They sat upwind waiting patiently for the large dragon to leave.

****************************************

Orange blood-shot eyes quivered painfully as they slowly opened. Familiar dark walls surrounded the kitsune. Her wrists ached something fierce. Pain shot up her spine as she raised her head only to find herself bound to the wall. Her arms were going numb after hanging unconscious for who knew how long.

She examined her surroundings with labored breaths. A typical room within the accursed tower. It had no furniture, just four obsidian walls that pulsed with demonic energy. Absent of anything but another figure. At first Bree thought it was her assailant as her heart rate sped up.

Yet the figure didn't move. When her vision focused enough she realized the person had been hung upon the wall just like her. Another prisoner? It didn't look like anyone she knew. The man's muscles were diminishing as if he hung there for quite a long time. She could barely see his chest moving with each breath. Whoever he was, he didn't look like he'd last much longer.