All Comments on 'Summer Break'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sweet

Sweet story. I wss happy to see a new post from you, b/c I always enjoy your stories! Extra bonus, it's my b-day! Thanks for the story! =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

The story wasn't up-to your usual standards. IMO the climax/ending was a romantic gesture which could have been much better if the romance between the leads was properly built-up.

The concept was good but the way it was written it almost felt like boy-meets-girl, takes-care-of-a-jerk, boy-proposes-in-front-of-a-million-people.

rooster1rooster1over 13 years ago
Who was she

First she's Lisa then Jill then Lisa again ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
outstanding!

Yes, there were some name screw-ups. I've seen worse, on this site.

Excellent story, and still plausible in a real-life scenario. (At least, as much as can be obtained in a short-story venue.) Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
It Is Not The Site's Fault, DG

Get an editor that will read your stuff closely enough to find the errors.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 13 years ago
All together now: aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Sweet

john1946john1946over 13 years ago
Fun

Just a really fun story to read

DG HearDG Hearover 13 years agoAuthor
wrong name

So, we missed a name. I can live with it. Edting is not an easy Job and besides, most writers like myself make changes after the editing is done. Thanks to all that are reading, voting and commenting.

With respect

DG

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love your work

I just love reading your work!

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Awwwww 2

What can I say. A good, sweet, engaging romance. Those never go out of style.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Good Romance

Bui I have to admit that I really would not want to jump into the fire so

quickly. She does not sound like a very sensible lady to me and that

could bring us problems further down the path.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Huh?

Not sure about all the positive comments, but I found the story bordering on unreadable. I can't read a story with every sentence having the same, simple structure-its choppy and never flows. Sorry.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Thank you DG.

I liked this story. Yes okay the girls were really stupid but the 'hero's' saved the day. Good read. Thanks for writing.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Boy meets Girl...Happily ever after, classic & well told.

Yup. Another Good one DG. Thanks for sharing on Lit.

Look forward to the next.........

x

litfan10litfan10over 13 years ago
What a sweet romantic surprise

You never know what to expect in a list of contest stories - but what a sweet pleasant surprise I had with your story. Such a nice romantic story but with a very realistic and gripping middle part. Very nice pacing to make this all the more enjoyable. This is one to read again soon. Thanks so much for the pleasant read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I'm Good at Writing, Not Critiquing

I'm not good at the critiquing of stories. I thought it was good, it flowed well, no rough "bumps" that I could see. Nicely edited. Seeing it unfold from different perspectives was clever. Good luck!

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanover 13 years ago
Nice story

This was a nice story DG. I try not to nit pick over some minor name changes, it happens to everyone. Glad to see you back.

DG HearDG Hearover 13 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

To the readers:

I did have a name error in the story, I have since had it corrected. Sorry for any inconvience it might have caused confusion while reading the story. Thank you all for you comment and feedback. They really are much appreciated.

DG

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Sounds more like Sophomores not Seniors LOL

Sophomore mean Wise fool for those who did not know it -

Synonyms are pretentious, Know it all etc - wisdom comes with age and these kids learned some wisdom the hard way - but learn they did and at a minimal price all things considered.

Of course Lisa or Jess could have asked that the officers also ask about the lawsuit they would bring since the bartender knew what had happened and did nothing - even if they lost it would cast the hotel FAR more than a replaced door so the manage would not have likely pursued any charges.

But it was just a story after all -

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Yep, She Was Stupid!

I can understand her not wanting to call Jess, but going by herself was ridiculous.

Even if she was afraid they'd scare the guy off if they all went, the others could have waited outside the lounge as backup in case something like what happened, happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
dumb

She was really dumb,I would be scared of her getting in compromising situations.

Go alone to a blackmailers unit? Very very dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A SWEET LOVE STORY....

she was a very silly girl who almost got raped....bastards like him should be castrated and their dicks cut off.....but...like they say....A TROUBLE SHARED IS A TROUBLE HALVED.....always share them with the ones you love so you can both work on them

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

STUPID PUSSY-WHIPPED CUNT JESS FORGAVE THE BITCH LISA SO EASILY!! WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jess is the real deal but Lisa just doesn't measure up, far from it. She is terribly lightweight above the shoulders and I'd be VERY concerned about her abilities as a reliable partner for a life together. She sounds like she is only a big-nippled broad!!! Jess will most likely eventually regret not being more discerning about his stupid wife. When he stops thinking with his dickhead and more with his God-given brains, he might discover that maybe Cybil would have been a better and more reliable partner in the end, even if she was much wilder than Lisa in college.

Why is it that police services are there almost immediately, even before Jess and Bubba have a chance to teach a real lesson to the bastard Joe when in real life, you'd better be prepared to defend yourself during the critical first minutes of an assault because the police isn't there?

Lisa brings my rating down to a weak 4*.

BJ

SackettheartSackettheart2 months ago

I was wondering if any of these anonymous commentors have ever had a relationship with a woman. Sad, but very unlikely because if they ever got off the blowup doll they they might be able to see it and stop saying stupid s××.t

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories