All Comments on 'Summer Hire Ch. 05'

by brentaden

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Could have done without this

Story was fantastic to this point. But to spend the entire update/chapter with her talking to someone about things was too much for me. Yah, I get that you want to develop the character, but perhaps add just a smidge of action here

brentadenbrentadenabout 9 years agoAuthor
It's a Novel

So far, Summer Hire is at 34 Chapters and over 185,000 words. Because the story unfolds at the pace of a novel, there are occasional chapters, such as this one, where there is little "action", as the commenter below has complained. My hope (being the author of the story) is that this pacing allows the characters to become more interesting.

In the scheme of things, this chapter is a relatively short and you'll zoom right into the next one, which has more of a balance between erotism and narrative. Unfortunately for the commenter below, the submission process at literotica takes a long time and the next chapter was not available at the time of the comment. I normally have a half dozen chapters cued up in "processing".

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 9 years ago
Perfect in my opinion

Apart from being too short. I like to see character and plot development. It makes the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Penny packets & just desserts

Love the Story , including this chapter.

However this Slow drip of many small chapters

DOES NOT WORK

i have no idea why so many Authors seem to be favoring this method of posting stories these days.

One can only presume they think that by flooding a category that it will result in

1. more views

2. a higher score

3. a bigger fan base

4. if the story is good , gain them many slots on the monthly / yearly hall of fame

i tell you now this DOES NOT WORK

in fact it usually has the opposite effect.

Author states currently 185k words , 34 chapters & you know that its awesome

its a truly inspired , interesting , intriguing , entertaining & engaging tale.

And if those 185k words , 34 chapters , had been split into around 10 pieces / sections for posting here on Lit.

Delivered 1 section a week , over a 10 week period

in my view the story would have

a much higher rating

a bigger fan base

and an assured place on the Hall of fame

Author also states "Novel / Book"

and posting it in Novels/Novellas would also have made more sense.

possibly with full disclosure at the start of each posting as to the type of content / genre / topics involved.

brentadenbrentadenabout 9 years agoAuthor
Pennies From Heaven

Wow, such suspicion and vehemence about my ulterior motives for posting the story a chapter at a time. The truth is: I am completely new to Literotica and wanted to see if people like what I have been writing on my own for several years. The Literotica guidelines said to post one chapter at a time, so I did. There was no attempt on my part to "game the system". In fact, I was not aware of there being a system to game. Nor do I really care. My goal was simply to see if readers who enjoy these sorts of stories liked what I wrote. That question has been answered for me, so I'm happy with the result.

I also didn't realize there was a separate category for novels, but since Summer Hire isn't yet finished, I'm not sure that it would have made sense to post it there in any case.

As things stand, I am very grateful for the thousands of people who read the posted chapters, enjoyed them, and rated the story so positively. I am also very happy with the positive comments that so many people have made on the chapters and sent directly to me. I offered many of those readers a full copy of the manuscript, in return for their editing comments and critiques. Quite a few took me up on that offer and I got some great feedback.

For people who would like to read Summer Hire in its entirety (at least as much of it as exists so far), go to brentaden "dot" com. Part 1 is free (16 chapters). Part 2 is 99 cents (16 more chapters). Part 3 is coming, just as soon as I can finish it.

Thank you again,

Brent

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
pretty good criticisms...

...helluva lot more reasonable then the death threats I receive! Though (blushing) I gotta admit they really amuse me.

For a large work, it is a difficult choice on how to post to Literotica. A large body of writing would take a major effort by the Lit Admins to process, in addition to camouflaging all sorts of errors and format collisions.

It seems to me that the author is making a effort (unpaid!) to provide his readers with as clean a copy as possible. And have each chapter, have a coherent quality with the proceeding and following chapters.

To those commentators that demand that the writers work faster, I issue this personal challenge.

Get yourself a sheet of college-ruled, lined-notepaper and a writing pen. And just fill up that single page with anything and everything you can think of or copy from a book or magazine. Doesn't even need to be coherent.

So, how long did that take you? Now correct your spelling and other errors. How long did that add onto your time spent?

One full Literotica page of writing, averages more than three thousand words at size 12 font. Approximately 5 to 10 pages in the size 24 font my old eyes read at.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
job

earlier they talked about there being a seperation between d/s and professional life, and that its important to enjoy things together outside of sex. this 24 hour a day 4-6 days a week sex job seems to slew things to it only being about sex / D's.

as erotica that's fine, just seems contrary to the ideal partner the charecters described. they are clearly dating with the goal of finding out if the other is that ideal partner.

I'd expect her doubts to be less about specific acts, and more about how it will effect the potential of their so far great relationship and how the demanding schedual will effect the rest of her life. (friends, hobbies...)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous