All Comments on 'Summer's Warmth: A Winter Encounter'

by MayorReynolds

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Idiotic Protagonist

The protagonist is an idiot for not looking Summer up online or asking anyone about her. Just a quick search or two or a few questions would not make him a stalker. If he used Facebook, it would be completely normal. He is far too paranoid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Rubbish

Never read anything so bad

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 11 years ago
A lovely touching tale.

Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

you should find Summer! if not, you're a damn fucking idiot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nice story

Not rubbish at all. Some make apoint of trashing most everything. Ignore it.

You should keep writing Will only get better in the long run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So, out of interest, why did you end it that way?

Great first story, much better than most. You've got a real knack for telling tales - well done. Write more and soon! But I am wondering why you chose to end it the way you did. In my experience of writing here, stories in this category tend to do much better with 'happy ever after', or at least, 'happy for now' endings. I think readers always feel a bit cheated when they invest the time to read 3 pages but don't get the ending they're hoping for. I know in real life there aren't always great endings - but that's one of the reasons we come here to read fiction. :) Five stars awarded.

MayorReynoldsMayorReynoldsover 11 years agoAuthor
The ending, the park, and other things.

First of all, thanks for the views, the ratings, and the feedback. I really appreciate it. Not only is this my first Literotica submission, it's the first erotic story I've ever written.

"Summer's Warmth" is semi-autobiographical. I can't specify which parts were the autobiographical ones; I'll just say that certain things happened in the order I wrote, some stuff was dead-on verbatim, and the rest was mixed and swapped around like so much paint. When I envisioned "Summer's Warmth" I thought of it is carving out a jagged piece of reality and then sticking it in the middle of a dream-like fictional world.

Which brings me to the ending. First of all, the "real life" ending was a bit of a downer, so I gave the same to Leon. And such is life. I understand that people want happy endings, but on a personal level I felt like "Summer's Warmth" needed to be end on a somber note instead of an upbeat, happy one. Perhaps Leon will find TRUE happiness later on in a sequel story. Perhaps not.

Second, I haven't officially decided who or what Summer WAS exactly, and where she went at the end. I have a vague idea I've been kicking around in my mind, but instead of putting it out there I'd rather leave it open to interpretation.

Finally, I want to address the anonymous commenter who said Leon's paranoia over stalking was dumb. I AGREE with you to a certain extent. It's actually something I considered tweaking (like maybe he looks at the old student directory and doesn't find her there either, goes Facebook hunting, turns up nothing) but in the interest of getting my first submission out in the open after sitting on it for three weeks, I pushed it out the door without doing any further maintenance. But on the other hand, I didn't want to overstep any boundaries on what constitutes appropriateness when searching for your one-night stand. I figured some people might be creeped out by Leon asking around, and others wouldn't be. And again, who or what was Summer? All I'll say is that Leon wouldn't have ever found her regardless.

Again, thank you all so much for reading. I appreciate the feedback and criticism; it's the bread and butter I need if I ever want to grow and change as a writer. If anybody has any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

OleguyOleguyover 10 years ago
That was good.

Forget the wankers who choose to criticise and hide behind their pseudonyms.

You gave us a tender story of an immature or inexperienced lad who has a great deal of moral integrity.

MayorReynoldsMayorReynoldsover 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

That was the idea. And although I gave Leon a less-than-stellar ending in this story, I've got a followup currently awaiting approval.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very touching

If you were trying to manipulate the reader's emotions, you've succeeded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
beutiful

great capturing of what it feels like to have a one night stand as your first, great writing, and a great story, Kudos to you sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love it

I adore that your Leon isn't a 6' 4" Greek god with a 10" dick. I love that your writing is so literate - unusual on this site. I love the humor and the true-to-life insecurities and fumbling around.

" I was reading a library copy of The Godfather, squinting in confusion over a particular subplot twist that I didn't feel there was a purpose for in a Mafia story."

I love that I know exactly what you're talking about!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMayorReynolds@MayorReynolds
164 Followers
"Delusional crap for chronic masterbaters" - Anonymous I think she needs an update. I started writing stories for this site all the way back in 2012. My reasons for doing so have varied with time. At first, I wanted to explore the human condition through sexuality, and I sta...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES