Sun and Moon Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And that way your pack's alphas are rarely challenged, if ever, since members feel more involved and important."

"Sarah smiled as she studied his face, a twinkle in her eye. "You're a smart one, David McGinnis. I'm sure you'll make a great alpha."

Lacey interrupted their conversation. "Sarah, it's 5:30 and time for David and I to babysit the cubs."

"Of course, we're nearly done here anyhow." Sarah replied. "Dinner is at 7, don't be late. We'll be having pizza and barbecue in the back around the fire pit."

"It was nice to meet you, Sarah," David said.

"Likewise David. Welcome to the family."

As David and Lacey walked towards the playground, David though about what Sarah had said. Would he really be a part of this loving family, through Emily? Would he really have a home, and not move from foster home to foster home? Before he could think deeply on the topic, a squealing horde of small children left the cluster of small buildings to the left of the compound and began to run towards David and Lacey. The youngest was probably around 4, while the older ones looked to be around 10 years old.

David watched in surprise as the mass of children came to a sudden halt and gathered around Lacey, all excited to see her. She knelt down and, picking two of the little ones up on her hip, greeted the kids. "Miss Lacey," a little girl asked "will you play with us today?" Not even Satan himself could have denied her.

"No, cubs, today Uncle David will play with you." They all turned to face him at the same time, almost as if they were a hive mind.

Almost immediately they clustered around him, pulling at his arms and jeans. "C'mon Uncle David, let's go play." They took him to the jungle gym and ran him ragged for the next hour and a half. By the end of it he was wearing a flower crown and bracelets, and was surrounded by giggling girls playing with his hair.

Emily watched David play with the cubs. Most people would have been shellshocked by the loud and demanding kids - he played them like a violin. They had their fun, but he kept complete control of the playground, and had even punished some of the rowdier boys for horsing around too much by forcing them to sit still as the girls braided their hair.

Lacey walked over to Emily. "He's going to be a great dad," she told Emily.

"I know," Emily agreed. "I'm just worried about how he'll take the adjustment. The awakening, discovering that he's the true alpha, our potential mating - it's a lot of take in at once."

"Have you talked at all?"

"No, not since he freaked out this morning. I'm not sure he'll even want to talk to me."

"I've been with him all day, and if there's one thing I've figured out is that he's a great guy Emily. He's new to the whole wereleopard thing, but he's integrating well."

"Lacey, I entered his subconscious without permission. I violated his privacy." Emily choked up but refused to cry. Her fear or rejection; her guilt at causing him pain welled up inside her.

Lacey hugged her friend and comforted her. "It'll be fine, there there. The mating pull is strong, you're perfect, and David doesn't seem the type to hold grudges. I'm sure he'll forgive you. Now pull yourself together girl!"

Emily stopped feeling sorry for herself, comforted by Lacey's kind words and long hug. Many of the pack bitches and males came either from out of the compound or from their cars to pick up the little ones. Not all of the pack lived on pack lands - many worked in the city and lived a few miles from the compound. The Ađalsteinn pack was one of the largest in the western U.S. at around 100 members, only 40 or so actually living in the compound.

As the children were picked up by their respective parents David's swarm or children slowly diminished until he was left on his own on the playground. Standing up slowly, David brushed the wood chips that covered the playground off of his clothing and looked around to see if any stragglers were left behind.

After confirming that all of the cubs had been picked up, David looked for Lacey. She had given him no clear directions on what to do after watching the kids, and was unsure of what to do next. Emily was sitting on the swing of the patio, lost in thought. David decided to go join her.

"Mind if I sit here?" David asked Emily, gesturing to the other side of the swing. Emily shook her head, and David sat down. They sat in silence for a few minutes, swinging absentmindedly in the cool air before Emily broke the ice.

"I want to apologize, David, for what happened this morning."

David did not respond, and Emily wondered whether or not David had heard her. Before she could repeat herself, however, David asked "do you believe in true love?"

Startled by the question, Emily stuttered. "Y-yes, I do. Why?"

David sighed before speaking. "I'm not sure how I know this, but we are soul mates, Emily. I feel it in every cell of my body, down to my very core. My animal - my leopard, your father called it - wants to take you right here and now." Emily blushed, but David continued. "Ever since I saw you at dinner I knew you were special, that I wanted you."

"This time there was no hesitation in her voice. "I feel the same way David. We are connected, you and I. Before, I thought we were merely intended to be each other's mate: now I know that we are much more. The powers that I have - that you have - have bonded us for millennia."

David swallowed hard, holding back emotions. "Then you must understand that I am not perfect. If anything, I am broken. I do not know whether or not I am capable of loving, let along loving you, Emily." He paused for a moment. "I want happiness, or at least a shot at finding it. If that means staying here," He said, gesturing at the compound "then I am willing to try. That is, if you're willing to take me."

Tears welled in Emily's eyes, but she brushed them away with the back of her hand. This was not the time to be a girl - she had to become the woman, and be strong for him. "Of course I'll take you, dumbass."

"Well, where do we start?"

"Just hold me David. Hold me and don't let go." Doing just that, David wrapped his arms around her, holding her as they sat in silence watching the shadows of the trees lengthen as the sun began to set.

ΑβγΩ ∞ Ωγβα

Hiding in the brush at the edge of the tree line, a jet black tiger watched the young couple embrace. He licked his lips, grinning widely and baring his teeth. His plans were being set in motion - centuries of waiting and plotting had come to fruition. Soon he thought soon she will be mine.