All Comments on 'Sunlight'

by rwsteward

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
very good

this was very good

shuttlepilot

DawnzoDawnzoover 12 years ago
I cried

the &8212 was very distracting though, otherwise nice story.

lori1969lori1969over 12 years ago
...........damn

still crying...awesome story!

Phxray54Phxray54over 12 years ago
&8212 - The Secret Code

It took me quite a while to be calm enough to write.

Your presentation here was able to evoke some very strong emotions. It described those possible situations very well, the pains of childlessness, suicide, deaths of family and friends, and the ultimate, the end of world. Through the limited size of your story you were able to convey the inhumanity and humanity, selfishness and generosity that are found in our species. Well written, the images were very well painted. Next: Waiting at the Gate?

rwstewardrwstewardover 12 years agoAuthor
&8212

Rwsteward here

that's not a secret code. Apparently when the file up loaded, an artifact got in. I'll try and repost the file and see if it goes away.

Sorry... it's not suppose to be there.

rwsteward

rwstewardrwstewardover 12 years agoAuthor
&8212 again

Rwsteward again

it's the 'em' dashes. Lit replaced them with the &8212

new file uploaded, will take a few days

AeroielAeroielover 12 years ago
You know...

I've lived a long life and have read novels, books, scientific journals, watched movies, Nova episodes on PBS...about the apocolypse.

This unpretentious story trancended all that other info.

I felt this story in my soul. I experienced the feeling of the apocolpyse....the end...in a way I have never experienced....thanks to you.

I am truly stunned and this story will haunt me for a long time.

I know many will think my response to this story is over the top but is my honest reaction.

I don't know wether to thank you or curse you for the truths you revealed here.

tastethejuicetastethejuiceover 12 years ago
Simply Stunned

If I had known the outcome of this story I would never read it, Because I hate sad endings and this one was a real tear jerker. I had to wash my face so I could read the last page. Probably the most frightening thing about this story is it could happen ONE day. I remember my mum telling me when I was young, that people when she was young, use to laugh at people who suggested that people would walk on the moon one day.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
excellent

A really well written story and the ending was the only one possible. While he should have thought to have stocked up on some drugs, it would only have postponed the end. Nothing is going to survive the sun becoming a red dwarf. They could have been a mile underground and it would only take longer

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sublime

I was once told by an art history professor in college that "the sublime" is something that is strikingly beautiful, yet also awe-inspiring with the potential to instill fear.

"Sunlight" brings readers to the very edge of the sublime. I finished this story in tears. I felt, very deeply, the crippling fear that was brought upon due to the impending apocalypse. However, I was simultaneously mesmerized by the deeply-rooted bond, and pure love between Walter & Aliana.

I find this story to be a rarity- a true gem perhaps. I am beyond grateful that I happened to stumble upon this story...it has since stuck with me, and I am doubtful it will ever leave.

PennLadyPennLadyover 12 years ago
Fantastic

You did a terrific job here. You really did. Got a bit choked up, and I'm not one for that too often.

Yuri5Yuri5over 12 years ago

That was so beautiful and so scary at the same time!

I felt like I was trembling near the end, and I wanted to call my friend on the phone just to hear her voice... I'll probably do that right now!

mat1014mat1014over 11 years ago
Good Holy Sweet Mother of Jesus! How do you do it, rwsteward??

I'm speechless.

"We held each other in our arms under the old maple trees. The moonflowers that covered the porch railing had opened and filled the night air with their vanilla fragrance. Several pots of angel trumpet flowers soon added their perfume harmonizing with the marigolds and zinnias. The fireflies serenaded us with their silent song of love as they flashed their lanterns in search of a mate. We held each other close as we watch them stitch the night together."

WOW!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful

Without a doubt, the most beautiful, emotion provoking story I've ever read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Wow... not much more can be said ....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Damn, Damn, Daaamnnn!

RW, Tears in my eyes,You broke my heart!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
stunned..

its the stories with a bit of truth that ring so poignant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
amazing

one of the best stories of mine

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

amazing tale. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW!

Stunning story. You're one he'll of a writer. Keep the stories coming.

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyabout 8 years ago
I cried....

I am a sentimental old fool. But I loved this strangely believable story....and I cried. Thank you!

thelaughingcatthelaughingcatalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful.

Took my breath away. Thank you.

Crusader235Crusader235over 7 years ago
Oh

Oh so beautiful, and oh so ruff to read to the end. Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Maybe,Maybe Not

It may be beautiful to some people but not to me. What a downer of a story. I am sorry I read it. Now I wish I could just forget it. Bummer.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 6 years ago
Sometimes We Don’t Get Our Happily Ever After...

But there is still love. A wonderful story, even in its darkness. Well done by any measure. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Dear Author, In a word, WOW! Heinlein would be proud to have written this story. Thank you for the tale. I like your style. Will read more of your thoughts. jntiques

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Oh shit!

Outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
haunting

love can be eternal, with these two it is expressed beautifully. There is no futility in living life to the fullest in the face of the end times.

BangbangLaDeshBangbangLaDeshalmost 5 years ago
Gut wrenching

Great story.

LNJones34LNJones34over 3 years ago

Touching story that had me in tears near the end. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
6 stars

This is a really great story, well written and with a good storyline. Both erotic and any mundane scenes are all around brilliant.

When I read it first, almost a decade ago, I dismissed the premise as too fast and disliked the ending. Today i came back to read it again. Knowing what I do today I know I was younger and more ignorant back then.

Everybody who reads this comment, lookup suspicious observers, pole shift, GSM, Graham Hancock and all the other things. While the quote in this story - "But think about it. All the spam you get, the Nigerian cons, the [...] lottery you won and now [.. spoiler averted..] . Do you see a pattern there?"- is true, the opposite is also true. there are people who win the lottery and there is more between heaven and earth than we are told in school.

The ruins of Baalbek, the fitted stones in the Andes and so many other things are not explained by conventional science. Just open your mind and fight for yourself all the way and grasp your slice of heaven when you can. This story is like a, like a waft of perfume on the air, so beautiful and ephemeral words fail me to accurately describe it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Shocking end... to everything, yet an excellent story... until the last scene, I had hoped for a second part; the conspiracy theorist in me, had hoped that TPTB had lied about the situation. Oops!! Bad Frog

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker9 months ago

Sorry.. it's worth a 100... Just got a little sensitive toward the end.. memories... 🤷🤷🙄🤔👍✝️🛐🙏👋💯💯💯

Brravin_RajaBrravin_Raja9 months ago

I really enjoyed this story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 months ago

Wow! Very well written and a very touching(?) story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Soooo sad. Soooo tragic. Soooo numbing to the heart and soul. Soooo painful to even consider.

Well written, but certainly not a romance story at all!

Should have been in the Horror category at a minimum!

One horrific episode after another with an even worse ending.

Romance? Who are you kidding? Who are you trying to convince?

Maybe yourself?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous