All Comments on 'Superf***er Vol. 08'

by DrSqueaky

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Very enjoyable chapter

I was hoping you would continue your story with the actual attempt at saving the Earth. I appreciate the details and problems you were able to create to show that the rescue attempt was not going to be easy. Anal sex doesn't interest me but I did enjoy the social taboos of Bill's home world and that he was able to use his "anal knowledge" to get the ship and Gravitron he needed. I very much look forward to the next chapter of the "cavalry" to the rescue!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Interesting but inconsistent

I've been reading this story series... and found it quite enjoyable for the most part. You are a talented writer and should be very proud of your work.

However, there are significant inconsistencies in the plot which I do find troubling. These are mainly to do with how you describe the Earth being 'vaporised' or 'atomized' - yeah, vapor and atoms are both still matter, which in another one of your stories you made a point of stating that these would not survive in the wake of a matter-antimatter collision when half of our solar system would be obliterated. I also think that the final plan was not very well thought out by your main character. Why did he have to rely on his offspring's magnetic abilities... why couldn't he have just founded a research institute to build him a gravitron over 20yrs or some similar super-magnets? If he's going to save the planet with a gravitron, then basically all of the previous seven stories are irrelevant? How come he didn't consider simple newtonian physics earlier and demand better jet-packs for his magnetic kids? Also, the term 'manned' spaceflight is redundant in the 21st century - the preferred term is 'human' spaceflight. Additionally, 'OK' is actually slang for 'okay'. I've seen this in published fiction also, usually in chick-lit, and still shudder when I see it there too.

I will reiterate that you are a very talented writer, but another editorial pass before submission of these stories would elevate them from being 'very good' to 'exceptional'. You do write sex well though! However, my impression is that your stories strive to be about more than just awesome sex scenes... and in that respect they have also succeeded.

Best of luck with your writing, I look forward to reading more of your stories shortly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous