Superhero Chronicles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DrSpidey
DrSpidey
105 Followers

I sat both the jug of milk and cereal box down and put my spoon in the cereal.

Platinimia sat down in front of me.

"Sir, Sinkimas told me you saw something strange...And that it's been bothering you."

"What?" I dropped my spoon I was picking up.

"He says you've seen something pretty horrifying and it could cost you everything if word was to get out about it."

"It's nothing." I blankly muttered.

"Are you sure, sir?" She pressed.

"I said its nothing!" I finally snapped; my fists pounding the glass table.

"I-I'm sorry, sir. I just...I do worry about you sometimes...And I apologize for that."

Hearing the faintness of her tone, the sadness dwelling in her voice, I felt guilty and ashamed of how I had just reacted to her.

"No." My tone softened. "Don't apologize. I'm the one who's sorry."

"May I hug you, sir?"

"You know you don't need permission for that...Or anything else."

She rose from her seat and walked over towards me just as I started to get up.

She wrapped both arms around me once we were in front of each other; her lips touching my cheek again.

"All I want is to be close to you, sir. While we both have many friends, I've ways thought of you as my dearest one..."

I sighed and dropped my head.

I was wishing I could touch her, to just hug her, and just forget about what I saw and the mixture of sadness and horror that it left me feeling.

"I know." I said. "You're the best friend I've ever had as well."

"You better eat." She urged.

"I know." I nodded.

Her arms released me and we both returned to our seats and engaged into a short conversation as I ate breakfast.

"Do you really think this new update will increase your speed further? And you're telling me it'll improve your body and make you look further more human?" I clasped my hands together; staring at her computer-chip like eyes.

"Precisely." She confirmed with a gentle nod. "I think it will vastly help me reach my goal."

"Will I be able to touch you?" I asked.

"I'm not certain." She returned; her voice drifting while her expression changed.

"My speed may he vastly improved...But it may not be enough to help me download everything that I need."

"There's something I've been wanting to ask."

"Sir?" She placed her left hand under her chin.

"Say you get the body you've wanted. Everything goes well, the holographic skin is replaced by realistic flesh, and you can be touched...What will you do?"

She stared at me silently, but it was obvious she was thinking long and hard on my words, processing them faster than I, or any other human, was capable of doing.

She smiled timidly, and her hand left her chin and she placed both hands on the table.

"I would want to love." She unsurprisingly revealed to me; her voice unconfident and fragile.

"What do you want out of this world?" I further queried her.

"I want what the humans want. I desire warm companionship, love..."

I sat my spoon down, staring focusedly at her.

"And what at is it that you long for, sir? What do you truly want out of this world?"

"Pretty much the same." I honestly answered, despite feeling as if my voice had vanished.

"We're much alike."

"I guess thats why we've always got along together so well." I placed an finger on my forehead; gently rubbing it while I sighed.

"All I want is peace...And to find someone to love. Though, really," I felt my lips tremble with pessimistic laughter at my own words, "I've given up my hopes on either of those two things."

Closing both of my eyes; I visualized all the destruction, pain, anguish and chaos that was going on in the world, and how quickly that evil was consuming the place we called 'home'.

"This world is ugly." I frowned.

"Perhaps." She spoke. "But as long as there are heroes...There will always be a light to guide this world away from the darkness."

"Heroes?" I opened my eyes, and I felt a rush of sarcastic laughter threatening to force out of my mouth, "there are no heroes. Even the police don't care about justice anymore."

"Just keep in mind what I said. For every demon that is born, there is an angel being born every second to combat it."

I felt my laughter push back, and instead, I just locked onto her face and kept steady eye contact with her; my face still while we gazed at one another.

"I'll try and remember that."

Finishing my breakfast, I bade Platinimia bye and walked over towards the front door and set off outside.

I forced the startling image of the creature from my mind, and gazing up at the early morning sky, watching the sunrise, I summoned my hover board forth from the pocket dimension and it materialized before me in full size. I stepped onto it, and instantly it started lifting off the ground, raising higher and higher up into the sky while I positioned myself with one foot forward and one foot back.

I took off into the sky; blasting off into the sun that shone beautiful orange rays throughout the city's sky, beckoning everyone to rise to the beginning of the early day, and to go about their lives.

Flying up high into the sky, almost positive I could shake hands with the sun with how close together we were, I glanced downward to gaze at the huge metropolis that reigned supreme below all else that belonged to the sky.

It was beautiful to see what the city looked like from far up, away at a distance; maybe not quite as beautiful as it was when it was only the moonlight and stars shinning, but it was still a beautiful sight to behold...It was just a shame I never took that much appreciation in it before.

I even saw the great, sphere building.

I rose higher into the air; giving a friendly wave to passing hover vehicles while my long silver jacket flapped in the wind like a cape.

I bolted ahead; leaning my body to the right, passing out of the way of a hover truck.

While the future might have been a paradise lusted after by our ancestors from the past, for us, those living in it, while we did enjoy some of the technology, the future, for us, was still a pretty dangerous place, and that wasn't just because technology had gone wrong a few times, or because of mass genocide, but because some laws were no longer enforced.

Stop lights and stop signs were a thing of the past.

What did this mean? It meant that if someone screwed up and had too much to drink, or was stoned or just didn't feel well, that it'd be rather easy to kill someone.

Only a few thousand people drove on the ground.

While millions drove up in the sky.

It didn't exactly help preserve what little was left of the human race. But then, the more I thought about it, the more I think I had wised up more than most people: This was EXACTLY what the world wanted. They wanted US gone. The morons like Rexiaus wanted hybrids, bioengineered people, and androids to be the new race, and become the perfect warriors and race that had been dreamed of for so long.

Soon there would be no humans.

The percentage of mankind was the lowest it had ever been before.

The traffic rules that were removed was only paving further way for our extinction.

I leaned myself to the left and avoiding a hover bike.

I soon came to the tunnel leading to Eraldia, and flew right into it.

Continuing to dodge more hover vehicles; I flew deeper into the tunnel, while the wind hit my back.

"Connieus, what time is it?" I asked; gazing down at my left arm briefly.

My arm started to glow, and then a holographic projection of a watch-sized clock appeared on my wrist.

"It is precisely six o' ten."

"Six o' ten? I-I'm late!" I growled.

"That's all, Connieous,"

The projection disappeared from my arm.

I quickly gazed back up; my eyes growing large when I saw that I was heading right towards a blue, convertible hover car, and I was about to collide with it.

"Darn it!" I quickly leaned upwards; causing the hover board to travel further up into the air.

I darted ahead; and apologetically waved to the angry driver.

I flew straight on ahead, speeding through the tunnel and racing against time so I wouldn't be a minute late...Even though I knew I would be anyways.

I flew faster; exceeding the speed I was already traveling at.Soon I had traveled right out of the tunnel.

As I flew up into the air, I soon saw the facility coming into view.

I descended from the sky, and once I got low enough, I hopped off my hover board and it grew smaller and smart until disappeared it disappeared again.

I walked towards the building and waited patiently in place to be scanned so that I may enter.

"Scanning.."

A red laser hit my face hit my face and wiggled around me in a thorough examination before the laser vanished.

"You may enter, Mr. Radinuj."

"Thanks." I waved, then walked on inside as the door rose up.

The door slid back down behind me upon me stepping foot inside...But when I did step inside, I suddenly started to wonder if coming in was even a good idea.

"What the HELL do you mean its gone?" The startling, booming voice was Rexiaus himself.

Rexiaus was actually two hundred years old, but with advanced technology of the current age, he neither looked nor sounded his age and physically appeared as a forty five year old man with dark pink eyes, and side-parted dark brown hair with only a slight touch of gray.

He was at least 6'0 and was wearing a gold jumpsuit and had pink markings under his eyes.

"Who all was here last night?" He demanded.

"Not me, I went home." Said one of the male workers, while he nervously swallowed.

"I went home as well." Jewlianis announced her innocence.

Everyone shook their heads, and as I stood there behind the huge crowd, I felt myself go ten inches tall when all eyes finally turned to me and hit my face.

Jewlianis looked at me with a look of both empathy, disappointment, and even anger.

"Mr. Radinuj...I want to see you after work. I'd very much like to talk to you...Alone."

The chilling, nonchalant like tone he spoke to me in made it certain to me that I was in really huge trouble now.

"Yes...Sir.." I managed out of my failing voice.

Work started.

It was the usual thing; pointlessly cutting orichcalcum and mythrill.

This lasted for several hours, and I was relieved when lunch time came, which granted me a momentary respite and time to eat the food Platinimia had prepared.

The Tupperware that had the orange rice and steak materialized before me, as well as a silver spoon.

I took the lid off the silver Tupperware and dipped the spoon into the rice, scooping up pieces of steak in the process. It was amazing; it tasted exactly like it did when my mother made it. But there was no way she could have known since she wasn't there when my mother was.

I enjoyed my meal to every last bite, and when I was done, I was full.

"Hey, Radinuj," an angry, nasally voice addressed me.

I turned my gaze to watch as a tall, green haired male with orange eyes approached me; wearing a sneer upon his lips.

That was Karisius Jarigimis.

That was guy Jewlianis had told me that she was dating; he was also pretty much my rival and enemy.

He was about 5'11, an inch taller than me, had muscles like a wrestler, that put even my hard, chiseled physique to shame in comparison, and was dressed in a silver jumpsuit just like most of the other workers, minus Rexiaus.

"You've been talking to my girl, haven't you? I've seen you talking to her!"

"Hey," I tried talking my way out of the growing tension, "we're just friends. Easy, man."

"That's bullshit!" He fumed; his eyes practically blazing.

"It's the truth." I said calmly.

"You lying little piece of garbage!" He pushed me.

I hit the glass counters and bit my lip restraining a yell that nearly came out.

"I bet you've been trying to seduce her! You little snake! No; I bet you HAVE been sleeping with her behind my back."

"You're nuts." I could hear myself starting to laugh; something I did self only when I didn't know how to react to the given situation.

"I'm not nuts!" He stormed.

He grabbed me by the collar, and threw me backwards; right into the series of chairs that was behind us, and I hit them; busting my head, and blood trailing down it while I fell backwards onto my back.

I slowly pushed myself back up, but already he was there in front of me, and my face was met by a quick fist to it. That time I finally let out a cry; and felt more blood falling down my face, this time from a broken lip.

I started fighting back, when who should have entered the break room to see us, but Jewlianis herself.

"What's going on here?" She sharply asked while her eyebrows formed by angry crease.

"He started beating me up like a madman because I stood up for you when he called you a filthy slut."

I darted my gaze towards Karisius; my eyebrows falling over eyes while I clenched my jaw.

"You what?" She glared at me.

"He's lying. I did hit him, yeah, but everything else is a lie."

"See, Jewli? He's still lying and he's trying to turn you against me."

"What?" I stared at him in disbelief.

"That's it!" She pointed her right index finger at me. "This...This is unacceptable! How dare you attack my boyfriend, insult ME and then try to lie your way out of this."

"J-Jewlianis, please," I reached my hand out, "let me explain."

"No!" She shook her head.

"Little fucknuts." Karisius grinned.

The two walked away hand in hand with Jewlianis muttering sweet words like: 'My poor sweet baby'. Before they got too far out of sight, she turned to face me and gave me one last glare.

I stood there stunned.

I couldn't believe he weaseled his way out of being caught like that, and that Jewlianis, who knew me way longer, would believe his lies and take his side over mine.

That was what hurt the most.

When work finally came to a close, it was time to go see Rexiaus.

I had stayed late, waiting until everyone had left and of course missing my usual supper time, which I wasn't exactly happy about.

I knew I had to face the music.

I think what had me the most scared though was that he sounded so calm and relaxed when he spoke to me, when literally only seconds before, he was nearly foaming at the mouth and giving every the the 'Dracula' stare.

His room was the very top of the facility; the room right below the giant RC.

I headed towards the elevator and waited as the laser shot across my face, scanning me, and once it had finished the process, the doors to the orange, capsule-shaped elevator opened, with the door closing behind me.

I pushed the '4000' button, and the elevator rose up the glass tunnel, traveling upward while some classic trance music played to keep me from bursting out of the elevator and killing myself from boredom.

I folded my arms against my chest; closed my eyes, and thought back to the look Jewlianis has given me, and the pathetic lies that Karisius told that she actually fell for.

But at least once this was all over with, I could go home and enjoy a delicious supper, talk to Platinimia, pump some iron, and go to sleep.

I'd save the video games for tomorrow...Especially since I had a bad feeling on what would happen once I entered Rexiaus' office and engage into our little chat.

Standing there, I could have sworn I felt another presence, even though it was obvious that I was all alone.

Whatever I felt was gone almost the moment I felt it.

I soon arrived to the top.

It was a lone room with a single door, and that door was the office of Rexiaus.

The of the elevator door opened, and I walked out, made my way into the quiet room, and trying to steel my nerves, neared Rexiaus' office.

I approached his office which was on the other side of a glass room with a hexagon tunnel.

I was surprised the door opened for me, but then just figured Rexiaus had already announced that I would be coming to pay him a visit inside his office.

I walked inside, and the door slid down behind me.

I entered the hexagon tunnel, and while I walked around, following the long tunnel, I looked at different holographic photos, each one a part of Rexiaus' ancestry, and quite a few of them were of him and his family. This just continued for quite a few miles since the tunnel was quite long and as such, it made the photos seem completely endless.

When I finally arrived, I had one final door that I had to go through, and on the other side of that door, was his office.

His rotating chair turned around and he faced me; his hands clasping together and moving up to his chin as if he was about to start praying.

He gestured with his head for me to come inside, and so I did. I walked over towards the door that instantly slid up upon my approach, and then slid back down behind me once I was inside.

"Have a seat." He was just as eerily calm and relaxed as earlier.

I sat down on one of the glass chairs.

His dark pink eyes fixated on me, and he just looked at me; his face expressionless, blank, and his eyes, they were just as bad; his true feelings were being perfectly masked...Yet the dead stare he was giving me was one of the biggest reasons I was worried.

Rexiaus wasn't one to hide his frustration...But he was now.

"It's my understanding that one of the unmentionables has escaped from the facility." He stated.

"I-I didn't know until I got here."

"Vaxius," he let his hands leave their prayer stance and both hit his glass table, "this is serious..."

"I know, sir." I could hear my tone dropping.

"Vaxius, where WERE you last night?" He inquired with a left tilt of his head.

"I was here, sir." I answered.

"You were here, and what were you doing? You obviously didn't go home."

"I heard noise from the second floor, so I went to investigate it."

"Then what happened?" He interrogated further.

"I concluded that nothing was out if the ordinary...So I was about to go back to the first floor."

"What happened then?" His eyebrows nearly twitched, but stilled.

"I got on the elevator but it was set for 666X. I tried to make it go down to the first floor, but it wouldn't and it was stuck on going to 666X."

"Please continue." He said.

I heard myself swallow, but nodded even despite the fact I was reluctant to.

"I got to 666X and figured nothing was out if the ordinary. But one of the doors was open, and I looked up after hearing footsteps above me, and one of the experiments was above me. I ran away, and escaped it."

That was his boiling point.

I jumped about an inch in my seat when he slammed both of his hands down onto the table; his face growing hard with fury while he clenched his teeth together.

"Do you realize what you've DONE?" He howled; his voice shrill and going surprisingly higher than I expected.

I tried to still my nerves, and just stared him in the face.

"IDIOT! They must NEVER leave their rooms. How close we are to creating the perfect people. They only need a little bit more testing and they'd be perfect!"

"I'm sorry, sir!"

"SORRY? You're SORRY? Sorry isn't going to bring the creature back is, IT?"

I stared at him silently; watching him erupt, with his face turning pepper red.

"Damn it!" He slammed his hands harder against the table; saliva flying out of his mouth.

"You don't realize what you've done..."

"Sir, excuse me, but why so you even have things like that locked away in here?"

"I want you out!" He stormed. "I want you out of this facility. Starting now, YOU'RE FIRED. Don't come back here again. Be thankful I won't be calling the police."

"You know what?" That was the end of my stating calm. "Fire me! This was a stupid job anyways. You can hardly even call it a job! And you, you're a crook."

"Get OUT!" He picked up the coffee cup on his table and flung it at me.

I leaned my head out of the way, and it hit the glass of his room; shattering upon impact.

DrSpidey
DrSpidey
105 Followers