Superhero Chronicles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DrSpidey
DrSpidey
105 Followers

"Fine!" I looked at him sharply.

"You're a sick man, Rexiaus. People aren't toys for you to play God with. We were created with feelings and independence."

I balled my left hand up into a fist; the left corner of my lip curving upward; almost taking upon the appearance of a trembling sneer.

"These experiments you're conducting are sick. I was a fool for staying here all these years."

I left his office, and although I heard him mumbling something, speaking to himself, but also trying to be discreet about it, I paid him no mind and just left, walking out the door once it had slid back up again.

Once I got through the hexagon tunnel, went down the elevator and made it towards door, I walked out, stood outside for a few minutes, just laughing to myself at all the bad things that had happened, and them glanced at the facility for one final time.

"Built a lot of memories here...Can't say that they were good though." I chuckled dryly.

My hover board materialized before me, and I stepped onto it, rose up into the sky, then made a sour face as the lights of the facility shone in my face. With a simple shake of my head, I rose higher and higher into the sky until the moon and stars almost seemed in my reach.

"All the years I put up with them," I gritted my teeth, "all the years I busted my hump making armor and equipment for the world...And this is the thanks I get?"

I stomped my foot on the blue board, and then flew on ahead faster; soaring the skies of Eraldia.

The midnight breeze that hit my body did help me clear my mind a little, but there was still lingering thoughts of Rexiaus and the fact that he had actually fired me.

But the more I thought about it,the more I realized that the escape of the experiment really wasn't my fault, and that, really there was nothing I could have done about it even if I had tried.

My thoughts were eventually brought to an abrupt halt when I noticed that lightning was flashing in the area.

This was one of the other downsides about having a hover vehicle up in the sky.

I flew on ahead; the thought to go ground level completely absent from my mind, and I attempted to outrun it, which was a stupid idea.

The lightning struck close, REALLY close, and I was positive I was going to end up going dead from the loud sound the echoed in my ears.

It struck again, this time even closer.

It struck again; this time...It didn't strike around me; it struck ME; zapping me in chest with painful, excruciating volts that was enough charge to kill anyone.

I let out the loudest yell that I ever had the misfortune of escaping my lips, even putting my meltdown when my parents died in front o me, to shame, and my clothes were completely ruined by the flash.

Staring up at the sky, I was flung backwards by the power of the bolt; being blown right out of my shoes from the sheer force.

I fell towards the city below me, and as I approached it quickly, gazing at all the neon lights and hover vehicles below me, that's when everything went blank.

"Can you hear me?" I heard a voice call out, and instantly I recognized it.

"I can." I replied. "It's you."

"Are you all right?"

"Fine. But when do I get to see you?"

"Soon." Was the response.

"Why can't I remember you if I know who you are? Then again, how AM I supposed to remember you when you won't show yourself to me?"

"I want to wait."

"Why?" I scratched my head.

"Because if you see me like this, you just wouldn't understand..."

I walked forward through the forest which had changed its appearance and was now covered by a thick, purplish silver mist, and the trees were growing lavender, and red roses started to grow all around me.

I could feel the voice's presence fading.

"Wait!" I called out. "Don't go."

"I have to."

"But, why?" I received no answer.

I realized that I was alone now, alone in the magical forest that I still didn't quite understand.

I let my hand fall from my head, and decided, that since I was already lost here and all that, that I may as we'll explore the forest and see just exactly, what all had changed this time around.

Heading deeper, following a path through the trees, I immediately started seeing the difference. There were a bunch of strange creatures and almost half of them looked like they were made up of Earthly matter; like moss, grass and the like. I thought that was weird.

I saw more strange creatures, and the last few I saw, centaurs and nymphs, creatures I only read about, had me questioning what was fact and what was fiction, what was reality and what was myth.

Eventually I came to the same door from before...And just as I started to approach it, a blinding white light surrounded me.

"Amazing..." I heard an astonished, sophisticated voice speak.

"He's making a fast recovery. It's almost as if he was never even struck."

"But, dr.," I heard a female voice, "isn't that impossible?"

"It should be." Replied the sophisticated male voice; excitement in his voice.

I opened my eyes, and what I saw was a big room, a big, platinum room surrounded by had never seen before. It was St. Paurik Hospital.

I had been here once when I was about six.

"Oh, you're awake. Great!"

"How are you feeling?" Asked one of the nurses as she approached me; greeting me with a smile.

"I feel fine. Why?"

"Don't you remember?" The doctor approached me.

He looked like he was in his thirties. He had dirty blond hair that was slicked back, his hair was dark brown, he wore a pair of reading glasses and was wearing an all white tall-collared jacket with a giant red cross on the chest.

The nurses had on a less appealing outfit, but it was the same color scheme and also had the big red cross.

"You were struck by lightning. A couple found you lying on the ground near Fariased's Burgers, Fries and Milkshakes."

"Wait," I groggily spoke; my voice low in volume, "I remember now. I was blown right off my hover board and I was falling towards the city, only to black out."

"How on Earth are you alive? You should be dead, if not by the lightning, then the fall at least."

I sighed and shook my head at him.

He did raise good points.

There was no sure way to measure the power a volt had, there was only estimation and theories, and hitting the ground was a one hundred percent instant K.O., assuming they didn't die of oxygen or some other awful side effect.

I should have been dead.

"What's your name, son?"

"Vaxius." I weakly returned.

"Vaxius, you're being alive isn't the only odd thing that's happened that has us perplexed. You've healed at an amazing rate. In only a matter of fifty minutes the damage you've sustained from the strike, has healed. You also show no signs of internal injury, either."

"That's crazy." I muttered, and as I did, I heard the volume in my voice raise, something I couldn't manage seconds ago.

"You even sound better.

Look, you appear well, but I want you to stay here another two days. Just to be safe."

"All right.." I frowned.

I wasn't about to argue with the doctor, and although I wanted to go home, and leave the hospital, especially since I didn't even feel like there was anything wrong with me, I decided to stay the extra few days.

When I fell asleep, again, I had arrived back in the forest; surrounded by all its mystical beauty.

This time, the color tint was completely green, which meant all of the surroundings, even the sky and water, was all green, about the same shade of green as a beautiful emerald.

I think it was the most green I had ever seen before, with more greenery than even the first time I had arrived, with no dirt, only grass, moss, vines, twigs and trees.

"Are you out here?" I caked out; shielding my face from brilliant beams of sunlight.

"Maybe." It was her voice.

"You still haven't shown me yourself." I stated.

"Soon." Was her reply.

"I don't get why you're hiding. Is this just some type of game you like to play?" I was getting frustrated.

"I like games. Why don't we play hide and go seek?"

"W-what?" I scratched the back of my head, but then just started to quietly laugh.

"If you can find me," she giggled, "I'll give you something when we meet properly."

"This is rigged." I protested. "How am I supposed to find you when I can't even see you?"

"I know. Isn't it a great idea?"

"Not really.." I folded my arms.

"It'll be fun! C'mon! Bet you can't find me."

After that, I didn't hear the tiny sounding voice anymore, and knew that the little game that she had decided on, that we would play, had already started.

"Where'd you go?" I looked around frantically; shifting my gaze in every which direction.

I heard a faint, barely catchable laugh, and that have me a pretty good hint on which way to head, so I headed deep into the south of the forest, following off-and-on laughs that indicated that I was on the right track.

Running through the trees, I soon found myself feeling weightless, and this prompted me to gaze down.

I was taken back when I saw that my feet were traveling a sparkling green light that led up into the air, traveling higher and higher.

I should have been scared, but I wasn't.

"Where'd you go?" I felt like I was talking to thin air.

Continuing to run up the sparkling, glowing light path, I noticed that things had grown even odder and that everything around me was starting to go inverted; the ground becoming the sky, and the sky becoming the ground.

It never failed to amaze me; the things it was capable of doing.

And yet...I still knew very little about the place besides I'd seen some creatures I had only read about, that we're said to only be myth and legend. I still wanted to know more. And I was starting to take into the possibility that maybe it wasn't a dream, maybe all of this was real after all.

I glanced up at all the trees and grass that were now frozen in the sky, and then turned my gaze back on straight ahead, only to hear something that sounded like buzzing coming from behind me, and I turned to gaze behind me and notice that the glowing, sparkling path was disappearing behind me.

This prompted me to run faster in a battle against time to find some kind of solid ground I could step onto, assuming there was, before the path was gone.

I came towards a crossroads like path of the sane glowing light, and went down the middle path.

As I continued to run, gazing back behind me every so often only to meet with the horror of the path vanishing further, I followed the path I had headed down onto...Only to realize that that too, was disappearing.

I eventually came to an end on the path and once again found myself on actual land, with everything returning to normal, the sky becoming the sky again, and the ground becoming the same old ground again.

"You made it." It was her.

"You know," I looked away, "If I were to have fell back there, it wouldn't have been pretty."

"But you didn't." She pointed out.

"I could have." I countered.

"Oops.." She said, as if just now realizing something that was important.

"You found me.."

"You kind of hand yourself away." I stifled a chuckle.

"I hate losing. But you won. You're really fun; I like playing with you."

"Apart from possibly dying," I smiled crookedly, "that was fun."

"We'll meet really soon. But for now...Bye bye."

I woke up.

With all the weird things that had happened, it was really only the beginning, and this was far from over.

DrSpidey
DrSpidey
105 Followers