Surprise, Durprise!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My own excitement was mounting but the tight black panties were doing their job, preventing anything from showing, as I stepped into the dress and pulled it up round my shoulders. Right then I could have done with Mike to help zip me up but I managed despite not being used to the longish fingernails. I picked up the handbag I'd got out on Marianne's wardrobe earlier and walked down the stairs. She has a longish mirror in the bedroom but a full-length one in the hall. I stood about two metres from it. I looked.

I trembled with excitement, it was an almost-orgasmic experience seeing for the first time, in almost my full glory - Bethany. The woman I'd often imagined being. Well, now, courtesy of Mike and indeed Marianne, I was looking at her. Her. Definitely her, or at least that's what I wanted to think. I realised I was wearing things I'd bought myself, some Mike had bought, some of Marianne's but nothing of Carol's. Somehow that seemed right.

I busied myself for a few minutes, then the phone rang. Maybe it was Mike, maybe it was Marianne, even Carol, or indeed someone else. I realised it wouldn't be strange if I answered it, whoever it was, Carol or I were often round here and sometimes on our own. It was Mike.

"Sorry, Ben, more problems here than I thought but it's all sorted out now. Be back in fifteen I hope. All right that end?"

"Sure Mike. I'll still be here?"

Mike's voice became much quieter.

"Did you try the dress on? I wish I'd seen it. Was it OK?"

"Yes, sure Mike. See you soon."

And I hung up.

I turned and crossed into the kitchen, opening the fridge. Mike wasn't much of a cook, Marianne always had to leave him meals prepared, she was sure he'd either not eat or just get junk food of some sort if she didn't leave him anything. I was right, there were a few pieces of a pie and a winter salad. That would do. Very quickly, again the long nails got in the way a little but I coped, I got the things out and onto the table in the dining room, cutlery and crockery and so on, and a bottle of white wine from Mike's wine rack with a couple of glasses.

I left them there and went into the lounge as I heard the car draw up. I breathed in, deeply, trying to prepare myself. I heard the front door open, then the lounge. I looked up and smiled.

"Hello Mike. Ready for lunch? Would you open the wine please, I'll serve."

I looked at him again, and couldn't keep a straight face. I just grinned.

He grinned too. "Christ Ben, I never expected .... You look great."

"Bethany" I said.

We had discussed tranny names, what the femme version of me should be called.

"Err - yes. Bethany. I mean - I'm very impressed. Really. You look very good. Way better than I imagined. That dress suits you, it really does. Look, Bethany, I'd date you. Really I would. I've dated far less attractive women, well, before Mari or course. But you, well, I thought you'd make a good-looking tranny but, with the makeup and the wig and dress and all, streuth, you really do look totally female. I mean it!"

And after that we settled a bit. Mike poured us both a glass, then had a second himself, and a third, while I served the meal. As we ate, as the wine got to him a little, he kept on saying nice things, paying me compliments, I was just loving it. What tranny wouldn't?

Then, as we began clearing away, his phone rang. Again. I got the tune this time. Lola! The Kinks, how appropriate. It was Mari this time. Again Mike mainly listened, muttering responses, he was trying to speak clearly but it was a bit difficult, he'd had most of the bottle of wine, I'd just had the one glass.

"Tomorrow" he said, slightly surprised, into the phone. "No, that's OK. What? .....Oh yes, I know, don't worry, I'll get some........ No, this afternoon............ Sure............... Right then, bye love."

He put the phone down. "Shit!"

"What's wrong Mike?"

Surprisingly, even though the TV session was really finished I kept up the voice, still trying to sound feminine.

"Mari's parents. They rang her, they're coming here."

"What? When?" I asked, obviously alarmed.

"It's OK - Bethany." Mike grinned, again. "Tomorrow, late morning. But I have to get some beer in, Mari's Dad is very particular. Boddingtons Special Export, it has to be, and I had the last can the other day. Mari just wanted me to get some."

"Oh that's OK then" I replied. "You can go out later. Anyway, shall I change now?"

I looked across at Mike, smiling. I'd had fun. The dressing up and making up had gone so much better than I'd expected.

"Thanks for the things you bought, Mike, I really had a good time. I never thought I'd have the chance, well, you know, after seeing trannies on the web and on TV, to do this sort of thing myself. It really has given me a buzz."

I started to move towards the door in the hall, to head upstairs and to become Ben again.

"Whoa, hang on Bethany. How about we both go get the beer now? You come with me? OK?"

I looked across at him again. True he was a bit tipsy but he wasn't that far gone, Mike always could hold his drink better than me. Bigger guy, really, more bulk, I suppose that diluted the effect to an extent.

"Surely you don't ..."

He interrupted me. "Ben, or rather Bethany. You look great, believe me. Nobody will ever realise. And we don't have to go far, just to the shops. We could go to the arcade the other side of the ring road, you know, by the Stratford roundabout, nobody we know goes there I don't think. You can do it, come on."

It was my turn not to speak. I was amazed he had suggested it. One the one hand it did seem a totally daft idea, yet on the other hand ....

"Bethany, that's who you look like, and sound like as well, you may never get another chance. Listen, you remember that .jpg I showed you last week, that tranny Georgina standing outside the Black Bull in Halesowen, remember, we've both been in that pub. I'd never have believed it myself, she obviously enjoyed herself going out and being seen and having the picture done, well you could do the same sort of thing. Anyway Bethany, I can't drive, not after that wine. We can go in my car but you'll have to drive."

3 - Supermarket Surprise

That did it. I'd only driven Mike's car a few times, he was very possessive. The chance to drive it myself, even just for three or four miles, I had to take it. But - dressed like that?

"OK Bethany, decision time. You can slip Mari's leather jacket over your dress, it'll go quite well. You'll look really good. How about it?"

I smiled at Mike and cooed.

"Very well, honey" I replied, smiling to myself as I said 'honey'. "I'll drive you there. But you have to do all the talking. OK?"

Mike got me the jacket, with it on and Mari's black bag slung on its long gold chain over my shoulder I followed him nervously out to the car. He got into the passenger side, again nervously I slid into the driver's seat and started up.

"Bethany, calm down. Look, sorry, is this really a good idea? I could go later ..."

I reversed carefully out onto the road, pausing very briefly both to relax myself and to look across at my passenger. "Mike, I wasn't sure but, like you said, I may never get another chance."

I slowly drove off, revelling in the twin experiences of looking down at my legs, in the short skirt, exposing lots of thigh, and of actually driving a car in high heels, something I had wondered about bit had obviously never done. It was easier than I thought, after about a mile I began to enjoy myself. Until I had to pull up at the lights just before library and looked across to see a police car stopped in the other lane.

I shook, Mike must have noticed. He put a hand on my knee.

"Just calm down, take it easy Bethany. Pull away gently in a moment, no speeding, you'll be all right."

"Take your fucking hand off my knee Mike, this is hard enough without them thinking you're groping me. Please." I had hissed quietly to him, he got the message.

I looked across. The officer in the passenger side saw me - and smiled. I smiled back.

The police car pulled away first, I glided Mike's car easily in behind it, luckily it turned next left. I didn't want to have to cope with that at the shopping arcade. I managed to slide into the car park next to Tesco's. Mike got out.

"OK now. Want to come in with me? Or wait here?"

Again decision time, and again, I did really want to. I didn't allow myself time to think, just opened the door and got out as delicately as I could manage in that short dress. I followed Mike into the store and just stood beside him while he got the cans he wanted, then walked back with him to put them in the boot.

"Right Bethany. Last thing. How about a coffee? We could go into the Tesco café, I really could do with something like that, black preferably, we never did after that wine at lunch. Last thing, I promise, then home. You up for it?"

"What the hell?" I said, moving across as he closed the car door. "In for a penny ...."

There were not many people around, surprisingly for a Saturday lunchtime, maybe because the Blues were playing Liverpool at home, perhaps lots of people had gone to the match. I decided to make the most of it, I was settling much more, I took Mike's hand and we walked purposefully towards the supermarket.

I looked around. Two young boys were leaving the store, obviously ahead of parents who were probably still packing the shopping. They didn't give me a second glance. Another couple walked past, didn't notice me, maybe too engrossed in each other or in what they were heading to do. A middle-aged man was walking out of the store, concentrating on balancing about three items he'd bought, obviously without a bag. He saw me. And he nearly dropped them!

I squeezed Mike's hand for reassurance, and managed to get into the café part of the store without mishap, I settled at a table while he went off to get two coffees. I needed black coffee too, not that I was affected by the one glass of wine I'd had, it was just that I needed the calm time to settle down. I'd passed about ten people on the way in, and I'd 'passed', excuse the pun. Nobody thought I was any different from what I seemed, a woman, early middle age, out shopping with her husband. Actually, no, no ring on my finger. With her boyfriend then.

Mike brought the coffees and settled opposite me.

"How you doing, Bethany?" he asked quietly. "Did you see that guy nearly drop his shopping, he was looking at your legs, you know. Mind you I don't blame him. They look fantastic in those stockings. They are stockings aren't they?"

I looked across at Mike. Maybe the wine did have a slight effect.

"Would you like to see?"

And I crossed my legs, yet again allowing my hem to slide up to reveal just a hint of stocking top.

"Streuth, Bethany, watch it. You never know...."

We both tried hard not to grin, to keep things calm. We finished our drinks and headed back to the car, again holding hands, again with no noticeable comments from any of the other shoppers in the car park.

"I'll drive now, Bethany, thanks. I'll take it steady, I'm OK now."

So he did. I just sat and reflected, on an extremely satisfactory day so far. A day I'd never thought I'd see, me, Bethany, all woman, out and about. I just wished, somehow, we'd managed to take a camera, get some pictures. But no, never thought of that.

When we got back to Mike's house I deliberately didn't grab his hand as we went it, just in case of nosy neighbours. In the dining room I noticed the remains of our meal, never properly cleared away.

"Better see to those, darling, there's two of everything - and lipstick on my glass. Wouldn't do for that to be found, would it?"

Then before heading upstairs, I did lean over and plant one big kiss on his cheek!

"There you are, Mike, my darling. With love, from Bethany. Thanks!"

I giggled at the look of surprise on Mike's face, then tripped upstairs and stripped, cleaned up with the make-up remover I'd brought with me, showered and dressed while Mike started putting clothes back where they had come from. I followed him round and checked, making sure as best I could that Mari wouldn't notice anything.

As I walked back down and across the road to my own house I wondered just what the people I'd seen had thought. The policeman, the guy juggling the shopping, maybe some of the people in the café. Had they thought 'I think that's a man dressed up', or maybe even 'she looks nice'. Nice thought, that one. I hid away in the loft the things I'd used, the items and the make-up and so on, also some things Mike had given me, for me to hide in my secure loft hidey-hole rather than risk them any longer in his house. The basque, the wig, and so on.

I came down the loft ladder, shut it away, and sighed. What a day!

And that was really the end of it. I didn't feel the urge in quite the same way to keep on trying Marianne's clothes, Mike did mention once to me at the end of the following week that we might like to try it again but he really didn't seem so keen. And I wasn't either, it seemed we had both cooled off somewhat after the hiatus of that day.

Until the night of the dinner party, that is. We always joined them for an evening usually just before Christmas, about the 10th or 11th of December, sometimes with another couple, Mari was a very good hostess. A few nights before, as we were chatting about it, Carol told me that apparently Mike had gone with Mari to a rather exotic 'boutique' in town, you, an old fashioned name I know but it did call itself a boutique. And that he'd bought her a rather risqué dress for the party. I wondered why Carol had told me, then I realised.

"OK, so do you want a new dress too? We'd better be quick though, only a couple of days."

I knew Carol had got something when, the next evening after shopping she dashed straight upstairs when she came in. I knew better than to go looking, we both liked surprises. When I saw the dress, as we were changing for the evening, I was thrilled. Carol has always had a fine figure though obviously her everyday casual clothes don't always show it. And when she and Mari went off together for a show or a conference too often they wore their 'baggies' - loose tops and jeans maybe. Fine for everyday but not really the right thing to satisfy a tranny. Not that she realised of course.

"WHERE did you get that?" I exclaimed when I saw the dress.

"Well, I was going to go to the same boutique as Mari but on my way I passed that exotic clothing shop near the town centre, you know, in the new precinct. I just went in there to look - they've lots of really kinky stuff in there but - well - I thought you might like this."

"LIKE it? I love it. Tell you what Carol, let's miss on the party, just stop in and fuck all night. I will if you will!"

The dress WAS true tranny fodder. Bright black pvc, and oh so tight, my cock reacted immediately. Carol didn't look like a tranny, she never could, all woman my Carol. But she was most definitely dressed like one, plunging skimpy black pvc dress, very short skirt, black stockings, I knew they were stockings, and black high heels too. The accessories were gold and black, matching, almost as if she knew that was exactly what any TV would like to wear, certainly I'd have loved to. Just for a moment I had my doubts - surely she couldn't know?

"BEN! Wash your mouth out. Now come on, let's go, here, let me help you with your bow tie. You men are useless, can't even get dressed yourself!"

Surely she couldn't know.

The party was a huge success. Mari's friend Gabrielle was there too, with her husband Keith, all six of us were in a way dressed to the nines, in true seasonal fashion. And Mari's own dress was gorgeous too, a deep raspberry red, again low cut to show her very impressive breasts, with an even higher hem than Carol's, the two of them looked so sexy, as did Gabrielle I must admit. Basically all 3 of us men, in black dinner suits and bow ties, though very smart we must have looked drab by comparison with the girls.

But it was late in the evening, just before midnight as we were all getting our coats to leave, when I realised. Mike had got me my coat and handed it to me, it was pretty cold late in the evening that night. Mari gave Carol hers, and I caught Mike's eye. He looked at his wife. Then at me. Then at Marianne again, more at her dress than at Mari herself. Then he smiled at me. And I knew. I realised! OK, so he'd helped Mari choose the dress for the party, but he'd had an ulterior motive. I could see, just by the look in his eyes. He wanted me to wear it!

I'd really have preferred to wear Carol's but I knew there was absolutely no way that would fit me. Then, slightly shocked, I realised I was to an extent back in TV mode. Thinking again about wearing women's clothes, for a week or two it hadn't occurred to me. Actually, that's not true. I'd thought about my experiences, specially about going out, Mike and I had chatted a bit about what had happened. But neither of us had mentioned doing it again. The look on Mike's face, and my own reaction, both surprised me.

Anyway, Christmas got in the way. And apart from that the girls had put their business stuff to one side for a few weeks, just keeping it ticking over, no special meetings or anything. And no nights away or evening meetings. So no chances to 'dress'.

Christmas day was ordinary, as much as any Christmas day is. Mike and Mari had her parents to stay for Christmas eve and for lunch, then went over to his later. Carol and I were on our own most of the day but went out for a walk after lunch. Carol was a bit quiet, thinking about something. She didn't say anything when I asked her, I just assumed it was some sort of business worry maybe. We all got each other a variety of presents but Mike's present for Mari did surprise us all a little. Except me, maybe.

He'd bought her jewellery before, I remembered a pearl drop necklace maybe six years ago, but this was different. He'd bought her a diamante choker, several strands of encrusted silver with really big matching pendant earrings.

It was just after he'd given them, when we were briefly on our own, he muttered quietly to me.

"Very clever Ben, I got some little attachments, so they can be clipped on."

I understood exactly what he meant but didn't have the chance to argue.

"But Mike, look, I mean, that time a few.... "

"OK boys, what are you up to?" Carol had interrupted us in the kitchen, I never got the chance to make my point.

And I was getting confused, I had begun to think about dressing up again but I wasn't at all sure if and when I'd get the chance with earrings like that.

Carol and I stopped up a bit on that Christmas evening, for once there was a decent film on TV. On Boxing day I woke at about 9. Carol was up already. Then I heard a car go down the road, revving up rather fast. I knew it was Mari, she always had a bit of difficulty coping with the revs on the slight incline up the road even after several years of it. I got up and dressed, and called out to Carol as I came down the stairs. There was no reply. In the kitchen the coffee-maker was ready, I poured a cup and was about to go hunting for my wife, when I saw the note on the kitchen table. I sat down and read it. Twice. Three times.

4 The BIG surprise

'Dearest Ben. I'm so sorry to do this to you at this time but we've decided it is for the best. Mari and I are taking a couple of weeks away together, to sort out our feelings for each other. This was really decided when we were up in Newcastle a few weeks ago and ended up in bed together. I know this must be something of a shock ...."

Shit, what an understatement. The note went on to tell me not to try to find them, they may be in touch by phone, they really did want two or three weeks together to decide where they wanted to go, in personal terms rather than just business. I did think, even at that moment, of a couple of times I'd interrupted Mari and Carol together over the previous week or two, when I'd had a feeling something had been going on. I'd assumed it was related to the business or maybe they were discussing Christmas, secret presents or something. But this? Never thought of it. Not Marianne and Carol, not some sort of lesbian relationship, it just hadn't occurred to me.