Surviving My 19th Summer Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Man, if I'd known my summer would be like this, I'd have packed more condoms."

I laughed as I imagined Kyle's present being a case full of rubbers and a note saying, 'Forget keeping in touch, just keep it clean ;)' - KB.

"Oh, Kyle, I hope you're enjoying your Summer, because I am feeling the hea Cold! "

I'd gotten into the bad habit of thinking aloud when I was alone, which I suddenly regretted as I punctuated the end of my sentence with a less than manly squeal.

"Everything okay?"

I narrowed my eyes as my body got used to the cool flow of the waterfall. Dana's voice sounded far too close.

"Yeah.. I'm fine, just surprised by how cold the water is."

There was a suspicious pause and I waited for the answer I knew was coming.

"I can always come down there and warm you up," Dana offered.

I smirked and nodded having predicted her response.

"I'm fine, really. I don't mind you waiting around, but try not to perv on me too much. You might end up giving me my swollen ego a fatal boost."

"How much is too much?"

I started to undress, rinsing my clothes as I went. I could still banter and shower. I removed my shorts, having ditched my shoes the moment I set foot on the sand.

"Too much is when you've seen more of me than I have of you."

"Then this would have been a lot less complicated if you let me shower with you."

This girl had me on the ropes. My imagination started picturing what that would be like, much to my reluctance. I felt my cock stir slightly in my briefs as I raised my shirt over my head. Flinging my shirt on top of my other clothes, I was treated to a very distinct gasp and then a whole lot of rustling. I smirked again and called Dana on her peeking.

"Apparently, someone's idea of playing look out requires looking in."

"OH!" Dana's voice was more distant. She had likely tried to move away and then turned her back when she realised how noisy she was being. She gave a nervous chuckle. "Yeah, I guess I did look in, huh... Um, I'll meet you back at camp. It's a lot easier to get back than it is to get here. So, um, bye!"

I chuckled to myself as I heard vegetation being swept aside and footsteps getting distant.

"Looks like she has a bashful side after all."

I chuckled some more as I started to remove my underwear.

"Who'd have thought she get so skittish over just my bare chest..."

I trailed off as my hands found my briefs. Looking down slowly, I sighed in acceptance. My cock had risen to half-mast tucked down the right side of my briefs despite the cold water and cool ocean breeze. I was in the middle of blaming Dana for the images that her flirting had given me, when I arrived at a realisation. Dana's sudden bashfulness made a lot more sense now. I hastily finished washing and got dressed, making it back to camp in record time.

-——————————-

I had dragged my exhausted body into camp just in time to over hear the gossip from one of the tents.

"... should have seen it. He wasn't kidding, he really does tuck to the right. And that bad boy was hanging at least halfway to his knee! It wasn't even fully hard!"

I winced and wondered how much damage control I'd have to do. I wasn't an idealistic fool; I knew that this kind of thing was not a good idea on an island like this. Forget the 8 to 1 population, at the very least, Sarah would be appalled. Not to mention Violet and Mandy... I thought about sticking my head in the tent and calling Dana out, but I suddenly stopped as my mind was flooded with images of the girls gathered around Dana with their hands down their pants as they listened to her tale. No that would only make things worse. I settled for just calling her out.

"Dana? Dana are you here?"

There was a shushing noise in the tent and some muffled giggling, then: "Yeah, give me one second. Just getting my pants back on."

I blushed but it faded as I heard more giggling and shushing.

'What a flirt' I thought, with a shake of my head.

It was clear from the giggling that she was pulling my leg, but otherwise, she had gotten me good. I waited patiently until she came out of the tent. She had mussed up her hair and was doing her best to maintain a dreamy expression. As I admired her commitment to looking the part, I caught a glimpse of several faces pressed against the mesh of the tent, watching our interaction avidly.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" I suggested and was rewarded with pouting from the tent and a malicious grin from Dana. I shivered as she shot a look back at the tent.

"Sure, let's take a walk." She winked at me and strode ahead of me.

I blinked. 'Did she... Wink? At me?... She just winked at me.'

I turned back to the tent.

"We really are just going for a walk."

"Sure you are," I jumped as I heard Tara's voice. She was sitting in a beach chair under the tarp. "I found your drinks... Do you mind if I have one? I really need a stiff drink tonight, and since Dana is probably having some sex-on-the-beach tonight..."

She shot me the same malicious grin that Dana had given me and reached over to spank my ass.

"Go enjoy your walk, I'm just teasing... Or am I?"

'Fuck, when did girls get so horny? I thought that it was just a 'needle' thing...'

I hurried after Dana. Regardless, I needed to talk to her and explain to her how things needed to be.

-——————————-

"Dana! Dana, wait up!"

"Come catch me, lover boy."

I really wasn't equipped to chase anyone across the sand with my injured leg, let alone a girl as fit as Dana. I hadn't really checked any of the girls out; it just seemed wrong when they were such an emotional wreck over the crash and then later when tensions were high with Sarah. But now, watching Dana prance across the sand, illuminated by only the moon and its reflection in the waves...

She was absolutely stunning. Her toes tossed the sand high as she danced backward, beckoning me with her words and her body. The sand flicked high enough to dust her long, smooth legs with bits of the beach. Her laugh rang out across the shore as she spun, hair waving like a ribbon of chocolate in the evening's breeze. I slowed down and eased my injured leg on a large piece of driftwood.

A frown crease Dana's face when she next turned around and she jogged back to me. I don't know whether it was because of her teasing or just because, but I allowed myself to be caught watching her perky breasts bounce beneath her shirt as she moved.

"Hey there shark-slayer," Dana raised an eyebrow as I looked back at her face, "Get a good look?"

An evil grin twisted my face as she played right into my hands.

"I didn't, actually. But according to the rules of perving, I believe I'm owed a closer look."

For an instant, Dana went crimson. Then she smiled at me innocently and was back to normal.

"And here I was thinking that we were just going for a walk."

I cursed mentally. 'We are on a walk. Talk to her Jim! Tell her why this is a bad idea.'

"Look Dana, I like you. You're smart and funny and hot as hell—"

"Thanks."

"But this is a bad idea—"

"Why?"

'...'

'Um, why is this a bad idea? It's not illegal, she's not underage, Jim. Plus, these are international waters, law-free. She's the aggressor...'

'NO! It's bad because there are other girls as well.'

'What, are you screwing any of them as well? You don't have a girlfriend, no commitments. Why not get laid?'

'...'

"Jim? I asked why it's a bad idea."

"Um, I don't actually know..."

Dana smirked softly. She leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"I can think of one reason why it's a good idea."

"What's tha—"

I was cut off as Dana pressed her lips to mine. My mouth tried to complete its sentence and Dana's tongue seized the opportunity to dart forward. Full, soft lips mashed against mine as her tongue danced forward to meet mine, tickling the roof of my mouth before drawing back to lick her lips.

She stood slightly over me, noses touching, and searched my eyes. I drew back further and she followed me down until she was straddling me with her hands beside my ears. Her hair formed a curtain that gently caressed my face with the sea's breeze.

"Now, wasn't that a good idea?"

Dana's face was flushed and I felt my dick surge at the hungry look in her eyes. Apparently she felt it as well. She ground herself against me with an evil grin, before rolling over to lie on her side next to me.

"I can tell you thought it was a good idea! But, I barely know you..." she pretended to be conflicted,

"We should get to know each other. I'm Dana, Dana Waters."

She held out her hand and looked me expectantly.

'Christ, this girl is a whirlwind,'

"The name is James Fox, but you can call me Jim."

Dana narrowed her eyes at me as shook shook my hand.

'I don't really like that mischievous look in her eyes... But I'll be damned if it's not sexy.'

"James Fox, did you say?.. Fox, I like that. Do you like foxes?"

"Hell yeah," 'This is a new kind of flirting...' "Of course I like foxes. They're like miniature wolves, plus they're pretty dang smart."

Dana smirked, "I thought you might say that. Did you know, though, that foxes and wolves aren't actually in the same family."

"That's cool I guess..."

"Yeah, it's interesting. As it turns out, wolves are in the lupine family... Where as foxes, they're part of the vulpine family. It's because the Latin word for 'fox' is 'vulpes'..."

'Oh... Oh shit! this isn't flirting!' I was paralysed. I was almost certain that Dana had me cornered.

Her grin when she saw I was frozen confirmed it.

I gulped. "Oh yeah, how about that..."

Dana laughed, "You're such a gentleman... but you aren't fooling me. I'll see you back at camp."

With that, Dana stood and started jogging back to camp.

'She's got me by my balls... Fucking hell.'

I rolled onto my back and stared at the stars. I needed to get back quickly and assess the situation. I got to my feet and started my aching journey back to camp. The situation made me do something I hadn't done in a while.

I'd grown up with very strict rules about cussing, which made caused me to get creative with my swear words. However, swearing had become common place after high-school which meant that I usually only resorted to my made up curses when I was really bothered. I was spouting all sorts of made up mental curses as I limped back to camp, but as I arrived, I found what I'd been dreading as my worst-case scenario.

'Well... fiddlesticks,'

-——————————-

The moment that I stepped under the tarp, I heard Dana talking very avidly.

"I knew it was him! I knew it! And Violet thought it was him as well."

The mention of Violet threw me slightly. I hadn't expected her to be know... Well I hadn't expected any of them to know.

"Dana! I just mentioned that he was always a good story-teller," I could hear the blush in Violet's voice, "And besides, why would you do that? If you knew, why not keep it to yourself?"

I didn't care about disturbing them this time; I needed to perform some damage control. Unzipping the tent, I promptly bashed my head against Robin's. She was apparently going to check who was opening the tent, but in my haste, I had knocked her back into the tent. Off balance from raising my hands to my head, I stumbled forward and found myself face down in Robin's lap.

"I am so sorry!" I pushed myself up quickly and sat in the tent, making sure to put some distance between Robin and myself. Looking into her face, I saw that her cheeks were even redder than my own.

"It's fine, really, accidents happen."

To make matters worse, I suddenly realised she was only wearing her bra and panties.

'Oh right, they probably didn't pack a change of clothes in their cabin luggage..'

"Look, it's the man of the hour!" Dana was grinning wide, "Or is that gentleman of the hour? Or maybe fox..?"

"Okay, whatever. I'm Vulpes R. Gentleman, big whoop. How did all of you figure it out?"

Dana quirked an eyebrow at me and then turned to Violet. Violet was blushing madly. I sighed as I noticed Mandy was sitting behind her. She had a possessive hand on Violet's shoulder and was giving me the stink eye.

'Oh crap, this is going to be so far from painless,'

"Well, I kind of put it together," I focussed on Violet as she began her explanation, "I mean, you used to love writing stories and letting me read them. Then one day you wouldn't let me read them any more... But it was more than that. Around that time I— I," Violet's blush somehow deepened and she whispered the rest of her sentence, "I started to feel— well, I started... discovering myself. I could never stand mainstream porn; it was so dry without any story, so I—I started reading erotic stories online. And well, I found a writer I really liked... And his name was Vulpes R. Gentleman." Violet sent a flushed smile my way and Mandy snarled at me silently over her shoulder. "At first, we would just... I would... enjoy myself to the stories,"

I saw Mandy's snarl dissolve into panic as she caught the word 'we', and she glanced around rapidly, before settling on me. Fortunately, it seemed that only she and I had caught the slip up. I offered her a supportive smile and her panic changed back to disdain, although it was no longer quite as ferocious. Violet continued her story.

"But after a while, I became curious about who wrote those kinds of stories... Well I looked at his— your profile, I looked at your profile and it said that you lived in Brisbane, Australia."

"It also said that you were a straight male, and that you were single!" Dana piped up.

"Ye—yes, it also said that," Violet was being a lot more bashful than I expected. I wondered whether that meant her primary school crush on me had extended past primary school. "Then, one day, Dana overheard me talking about Vulpes R. Gentleman with Mandy and we discovered that all three of us read your work. Mandy and I had talked about this before, but Dana had a lot to add.

"She told us that she wanted to track him—you, down. Anyway, it was really Dana who put most of the pieces together. She pointed out that, according to locations you mentioned in a lot of your stories, you probably lived in the same suburb as us, or at least went to a nearby school. Either that or you had a wild imagination. Anyway, she mentioned that most of your stories included a park that sounded similar in all of them. The three of us checked out all the parks in the suburb, and that was when I discovered you'd moved house to live beside the park..."

I remembered it now. I had been in the middle of mowing the lawn when Violet had stopped to chat with me and mentioned she'd come to the park with her friends. That was only two days before my sister's death...

"Well, when we headed back to my place, Dana was teasing me as usual and kept asking if we'd ever hooked up."

I shot a look at Mandy and gave a slight shake of my head. She seemed to be warming up to me slightly. I guessed that it was because she had seen me as competition.

"Anyway, I ended up telling her and Mandy about how we had been close friends, but that I hadn't heard from you in a while. I guess I mentioned you writing stories at some point and that I hadn't read any of yours in a while. Well, Dana jumped up and started asking if I knew exactly when you stopped. Of course, that was easy enough to check, since you always emailed the stories to me..."

I shook my head.

"Wow, I was impressed, but now it's clear that it was just a guess."

Dana seemed to get ticked, "We clued it out fair and square! It was not a guess!"

"Whatever, all that information that you matched up... What about the stuff that didn't match up. Like how I wrote at least half of each story based overseas? Or the fact that the profile also says I'm in my 20's?"

"Screw you," Dana was obviously enjoying pretending to be mad, "I made sure that I had solid proof before I confronted you."

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

There was a terrible glint in her eyes as she stretched over to whisper in my ear.

"Your email address is the same one you used to sign in to the site. Rookie error, Shark-slayer..."

Dana licked my ear as she retreated, causing me to shiver in spite of myself.

"There is no way that you could find out what email I used to log in... No way..."

Dana grinned widely. She was way too confident.

"Well, Violet showed me your emails to her, so I already knew what I was looking for. The hardest part was getting the Vulpes R. Gentleman address... But, it turned out all I needed to do was ask."

My face creased up. 'There was no way that I'd give my address away to her. I didn't even know her... I've only told a few people about my writings as Vulpes, and they..! Oh shit, no way!'

"I see it's starting to sink in." Dana was watching my expression intently, smirking the whole time.

'Damn, she looks so smug.' I cleared my throat and ran a hand across the back of my neck.

"I take it that this makes you 'Kitten-WieldingChainsaws'?"

"Give the boy a prize!"

I couldn't keep looking at Dana's smug face. Surveying the room, I saw Mandy's impassive expression and Violet's hesitant blush. But as I turned to the right, I realised that I had barely given Robin a second glance since entering the tent. She was watching me with shining eyes, either on the verge of tears, or out of intense admiration. Seemingly noticing me watching her, Robin's eyes grew wide and she moved back quickly. I hadn't even realised she was leaning against me until she moved away. Somehow, she managed to manoeuvre her hair in front of her eyes, just from moving back.

"Yo, Foxy! Are you going to applaud me, or just stare at what's-her-face all night?"

Dana was beginning to get on my nerves. I saw the baleful look that Robin shot her from behind her curtain of hair, but Dana's gaze was focussed solely on me as I faced her once more.

"Yeah, whatever. Congratulations!" My voice dripped with enough sarcasm and contempt that Mandy stopped glaring and even Dana flinched, "Good work, you traced the written porn of Vulpes R. Gentleman back to someone your friend knew. You've confronted him, your supposed favourite smut author, after he had also saved your life. And to top it off, you've been the beta for his work for the last six months under the alias 'Kitten-WieldingChainsaws', having used the information you were privy to as a way to oust him once and for all! Congratu-fucking-lations!"

Dana seemed to be speechless, so I took the opportunity to slide my hand into Robin's and give her a reassuring squeeze. Robin's eyes shot up to meet mine and then back down to my hands. This went unnoticed by everyone except Mandy, who's glare slipped away to be replaced with a tentative smile. Unfortunately for her, Dana didn't stay stunned for long. Still, I had to give her credit for recovering so quickly.

"Hey, I never said that you were my favourite smut author! I just said..." Her voice was already shaky and she trailed off quickly as I turned my frosty gaze on her.