Surviving the Rich-Sunshine and Sir Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was wrong, he didn't have a response for everything, especially that. He'd never been anyone's knight riding to the rescue, he didn't have the time or the inclination. For the most part he kept people at arm's length, a tactic he developed as a child. He'd never been involved in sports or clubs. He didn't party in high school or college, or involve himself in anything that would deter from his goal, and that goal had nothing to do with saving, it was about destroying. He honed himself into a weapon, one of value that others needed and were willing to pay exorbitant amounts for. On occasion he affected people's lives for the better, even took on some cases pro bono, but he wasn't a save the damsel in distress kind of man. That wasn't how he saw her either, he wouldn't be attracted to her if did.

"I like holding you. So we need to make you more comfortable with it. For me." He'd tackle the knight in shining armor thing another time. As much as he wanted too, he couldn't ignore her discomfort, so he reluctantly sat her on the chaise. "Now, to confirm my suspicions."

She looked at him curiously and he slid his hand up her thigh. She closed her legs and he said, "Don't be a bad girl sunshine. Wasn't one lesson enough for today?"

For a split second he thought she was going to challenge him, wanting another lesson, but then she unclenched and looked to the side. Her thighs were slick, and the lace soaked through completely. He stroked her through the lace while his other hand snapped a garter. He did it again, a little harder, and her bosom pushed against the lace of her bra. Shoving her skirt up to her hips, he started unsnapping the garter. She trembled, aroused, nervous, and a touch scared. That fear was why he refused to lay her over the chaise and fuck her, even though that was what he wanted to do.

Getting a fistful of her hair he kissed her, and pressed his fingers into her flesh, making her practically writhe in his grasp. Looking into her eyes he said, "Lay back." She opened her mouth to protest and he shook his head. "Do as you're told. Now."

She closed her eyes and with his help, slowly laid back, leaving her hips higher than her head. With her garter loose he pulled off her soaking panties and dropped them next to the chaise. She pressed her knees together and grasped the sides of the chaise, her knuckles alternating between red and white.

"Spread your legs."

"I can't," she whispered. "I-"

"I said spread your legs." His tone of voice left no room for argument, and she slowly spread her legs. He ran his hands over her thighs, tsking at the trembling beneath his fingers. "Are you afraid I'll hurt you?" She shook her head and he stroked her hips. "Are you embarrassed?" She didn't respond, but tension rolled through her. "We're going to have to work on that sunshine. I love your body and enjoy looking at it." He licked one thigh then immediately moved to the other. "And tasting it."

She practically jumped out of her skin and he said, "I'm betting you've never enjoyed oral, if you ever allowed anyone the privilege." While he spoke his hands moved to those erogenous spots he'd already found, titillating her body while her mind warred with itself. "You enjoyed pleasuring me. I will not be denied the same."

He didn't give her a chance to think, he caressed her folds, and leaned over blowing on her clit. She inhaled sharply and he did it again. Giving her a quick lick, he let his hot breath tickle her further making her hips twitch. He smiled and took hold of her legs, forcing them open wider. "Time to come for me sunshine, like I promised."

He was merciless, using his tongue in place of his fingers. Rae squirmed in his grasp, the pleasure overcoming her discomfort. Her fingers brushed his hair and he thrust his tongue inside her. She yelled, curling her hands into his hair and he tongue fucked her without restraint. Her juices flowed and he licked her deeply, then sucked her clit into his mouth.

"Ahha! Please...I can't take it!" Her back arched up, and he sucked harder, thrusting two fingers inside her. Her hips bucked, but he held her still, which only drove her crazier. Pressing his thumb into the flesh above her clit, he made her come, her cries of ecstasy echoing off the walls. With one final thrust, he pressed harder and bit down. Her whole body tensed and she screamed, her left leg shaking uncontrollably.

Kissing her thighs one more time he said, "Don't move."

He went to his bathroom and splashed water on his face, cooling himself down. Drying off he grabbed a towel and walked over to the chaise, his Rae draped over it just as he'd imagined. "My sunshine," he murmured. "You came for me like a good girl. Did you like it?"

He wiped her thighs dry and she whispered, "Yes sir."

He fixed her clothing and smiled. "I knew you would. Sit up sweetheart." He took her hands and helped her up, then slid a leg behind her and sighed. He shifted until he was resting comfortably, both of them leaning back, his chin pressed to the side of her head. Stroking her arms and shoulders, he kissed her forehead, reveling in the day. Nothing had gone as planned, and yet it was better than he'd envisioned.

Winter meant the sun disappeared early and the lights of the mall and surrounding office buildings lit up the night. They both looked outside lost in their own thoughts, the warmth of their bodies almost insulating them from the world outside his office. He wanted to hold onto it. He wanted to take her home and explore her body thoroughly, but that wasn't part of the arrangement.

Kissing her head one more time he sighed. "We should go, your wardrobe is waiting."

She sat forward, the instant chill a stark reminder of the empty bed waiting for him. He'd have to find a way for her to spend the night. It was an odd situation. He'd been the other man before, but it was a mutual affair of convenience. They had fun together, no strings otherwise. Rae was more than that, and he wanted more of her, and from her. He watched her adjust her clothes and fluff her hair, a small smile on his face.

She caught him and said, "What?"

If he told her she was beautiful it would only make her uncomfortable, so he said, "I can't wait to see you in the blue polka dot."

Her mouth twisted in distaste. "Polka dot? I'm not really a polka dot person."

He chuckled and stood. "You will be when you see it. Trust me."

He put his shirt back on, but left the vest and tie on the chair. Rae walked out to her desk while he shut down his computer and grabbed his coat and briefcase. When he saw her putting on her coat he suppressed a smile. He was looking forward to throwing that coat in the nearest dumpster.

"Ready?"

Rae nodded and followed him to the elevator. The normally bustling offices were much quieter and the receptionist was gone for the night. They took the elevator to the parking garage and Killian put his briefcase in the trunk, then started for her car.

She stared after him surprised. "You want to take my car?"

"It makes more sense," he said. "Why transfer the wardrobe twice?"

"My car is old, runs like crap, and isn't the cleanest at the moment."

He smiled and said, "I'll manage."

"Alright," she said, wishing she could clean the garbage out of the doors. They got to her car and Killian followed her to the driver's side. "What are you doing?"

"It's easier if I drive. I know where we're going."

Are you one of those men who always has to be in the driver's seat?"

He pinned her against the side of the car and ran a hand through her hair. "You've enjoyed it so far today."

"Please," she said, rolling her eyes.

He laughed and kissed her, slipping the keys from her hand. "It's just easier."

"Fine." She sighed, and walked around to the passenger side. Getting in the car, she waited for a snide remark or look of distaste, her car wasn't trashed, but it was dusty and in desperate need of vacuuming. But Killian gave no indication of what he thought as he started the car and drove through a series of back streets. Within minutes she was completely lost. They pulled into a small lot with a single brown brick building, obviously being stocked and readied for business.

"This place isn't open yet," she said. "There isn't even a sign."

He turned off the car and glanced at the backseat. "How much room do you have in your trunk?"

"Plenty," she said.

"Let's go then." He smiled and got out, forcing her to follow.

The moment they hit the door it opened, and a woman in black pants and a blue blouse smiled and held her hand out. "Mr. Laird, it's a pleasure to meet you, and you must be Ms. Ingram. Welcome." The walked inside and she said, "I'm Nora, please forgive the mess, we're opening next week and still getting the place put together."

A few people were unpacking bags and boxes, while two others wheeled out a rack thick with garment bags and a pallet filled with boxes. Rae looked at Killian and said, "You can't be serious."

He smiled and said, "You know better by now."

"I cannot accept-"

"You can and you will. I told you it's a business expense and a necessary one. Now Nora, there was another item I was told you'd be able to procure for me. Is it on the rack?"

Nora smiled and one of her people grabbed a garment bag from behind the counter. "It arrived shortly before you did."

Killian started taking Rae's coat off and said, "You're going to love this."

"Ah, I see why you knew the sizing," Nora said, looking at her outfit. "These clothes were designed for women like you Ms. Ingram, they accentuate all the right lines and curves."

"Thank y..." Her eye widened at the coat Killian pulled from the garment bag. Ever since she was a kid she'd been taken with poet shirts, pirate shirts, and Victorian style jackets and coats. She'd gotten her dream jacket once, and it was stolen shortly thereafter. The style she loved wasn't cheap, and she'd always intended to replace the coat but never got the chance. The one in Killian's hands brought all that love back the first time she saw it worn into the Hillcrest. Black, it had an old soldier's top, with a row of black buttons and on one side and embroidery on the other, as well as embroidery down the outside of the sleeves and on the back. The coat flared a touch at the waist and was shorter in the front, ending mid-calf in the back. She'd instantly loved it. But it was way out of her price range, so she resigned herself to admiring from afar. "How did you know?" she whispered.

Killian undid each one of the buttons himself and then held it open for her. "I pay attention."

She slipped her arms inside, the softness wrapping her up in cozy warmth. Killian buttoned her up and turned her towards a mirror. She looked over every inch of herself never wanting to take it off.

"Thank you," she said. "It's gorgeous, and I..." She didn't know what else to say, she was completely overwhelmed. "Thank you Killian."

He grinned ear to ear, his eyes bright with joy, and said, "You're welcome." He pulled some if her hair over her shoulder, so it draped down the front of the coat. "You make the coat beautiful Rae. I'm so glad you like it."

She could see a couple employees exchanging smiling glances at the display of affection in front of them, and she didn't care. She threw her arms around Killian, surprising him quite a lot. He laughed and engulfed her in his embrace. "So I finally did right," he said. "And all it took was a coat."

She let him go and said, "It's not the same. The rest makes me uncomfortable for legitimate reasons, but this..." She ran her hand down the front of the coat, still blown away that she was wearing it. "I watched websites, hoping the price would go down. Then everything happened with Jimmy, and..." Tears welled up in her eyes, but she couldn't stop smiling. "You don't know what this means to me."

He brushed a couple fingers down her cheek and said, "I love making you happy."

Nora cleared her throat and said, "Would you like to see the clothes?"

"That won't be necessary," Killian said. "With your reputation I trust everything is in order."

Nora waved her employees towards the door, and they wheeled out the garments and pallet. They fit as much as they could into the backseat and trunk. When there were still boxes on the pallet, Rae closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Please have the rest sent to the address you have on file," Killian said. He palmed everyone some cash and thanked Nora for going above and beyond, promising to put the word out. She was beaming as she walked back into the store. She'd learned to cater to wealthy and their whims to great benefit, Rae was impressed.

Killian took hold of her shoulders and said, "From joy to discomfort in less than a minute. Legitimate reasons aside Rae, you cannot afford the caliber of clothing necessary for your position. I can. I proposed the job, so I'm providing the clothes. I'm not trying to insult you or make you feel bad, but your clothes are worn and it shows. You'd have to max out a credit card paying for an appropriate wardrobe. It's that simple."

She understood where he was coming from, she really did, but it still chafed. She longed for the day she could pay for things herself without wondering how. She nodded and he opened the passenger door. She sat down and he shut it, then walked around the car whistling. He slid behind the wheel and she checked her phone, surprised at the time. "Back to the garage?" she asked, wondering how she was going to explain the wardrobe to Jimmy.

Killian looked at her thoughtfully and then glanced at his watch. Suddenly he smiled and left the parking lot, going the opposite direction from which they'd come. "You're mine for a couple more hours," he said. "I'm taking you to dinner."

"Where?"

"A treasured secret known by few."

He was having too much fun, so she settled back and looked out the window, trying to figure out where they were going. He drove away from restaurant row, a stretch of road crossing multiple towns with every kind of cuisine imaginable available. The Hillcrest was located on it, as well as Jimmy's restaurant, although they were separated by about three miles. The suburbs were dense, one town bleeding into another, and then back again. Wealth and poverty sometimes shared the same street, the odds and evens determining on which side you fell. Killian turned onto a street with office parks that eventually became industrial parks. They crossed train tracks twice and then he turned into a parking lot that was as much gravel as it was pavement. An old neon sign with quite a few lightbulbs out proclaimed the place, Tony's Bowl and Lounge. From the state of the sign, building, and parking lot, she assumed Tony died long ago.

"A bowling alley?"

He smiled and turned the car off. "You don't like bowling?"

"I'm not really dressed for it."

"Well, it's a good thing we're only going in for dinner then."

Her confusion deepened, which only added to his amusement. He got out of the car, and she watched him walk around the front and then open her door. She just looked at him, waiting for the punchline, but he offered a hand instead.

"You're serious," she said, placing her hand in his.

He smiled and pulled her from the car. "I'm surprised at you Rae. Judging this fine establishment based on the exterior." He threw her emergency blanket over the boxes in the backseat and locked the car. "Come on."

She followed him to the entrance and he opened the door. Decade's worth of cigarette smoke and spilt liquor smacked her in the face, and the swirled carpet underfoot which she assumed at one time had been green and blue, was now dull brown and grey. The bowling alley was on the left, while the bar, pool tables, and lounge were on the right.

"The interior isn't much better," she whispered.

He chuckled and slipped his hand around her hers. Leading her past the bowling counter to the lounge, he bypassed the bar and took her to one of seven tables on a patch of worn, old wood that crackled under foot. It had to have been a dance floor at one time, but the cheap tables and chairs had, in some place, scratched deep furrows into the wood over the years. She hid a smile when he pulled out a chair for her at a corner table, and dropped his coat on the chair in the corner. More than a few heads turned their way, which wasn't at all surprising. They stood out.

"Do you have a beer preference?" he asked.

"You mean you don't already know?"

He smiled and said, "Once you tell me, I will."

She held back the laugh and said, "Citrusy wheat, but otherwise something light. I have to drive."

He nodded, and she watched him walk up to the bar completely at ease under the gaze of so many. The bartender greeted him by name and shook his hand, smiling warmly. He spoke to her for a couple minutes, and then she handed him two bottles of beer, plastic plates, and a stack of napkins. Rae chuckled under her breath, another surprising layer of Killian revealed. He walked back the table and she took the bottles so he could put the rest on the table and settle into his chair. Taking a sip of her beer, she studied him while he checked his phone.

He grabbed his beer and caught her watching. "Why the studied glance?"

"It just seems odd. You, in a place like this."

"I thought the hostesses at the Hillcrest googled all the regulars."

She shook her head and said, "Rochelle did, for very specific reasons, but the rest rarely followed suit, and I never had the desire to pry into anyone's life."

He took a sip of beer and said, "For specific reasons. That's a polite way of putting it."

"You took Rochelle out," she said, pointedly. "She liked you, and was disappointed there wasn't a second date."

"And do you know why there wasn't a second date?" he asked, relaxing back in his chair.

He was looking for a straight answer, so she gave him one. "I'm guessing you figured out quickly she wanted a rich husband, your looks and charm were just bonuses."

He smiled and took her hand. "You think I'm charming sunshine?"

"Her word, not mine," she said, completely straight-faced.

With mock injury he said, "Cruel. Besides, Rochelle got what she wanted. How is she?"

Rae shrugged and said, "From her Facebook posts, living the dream. Her husband is devoted to her, and they travel extensively. I'm certain she loves him, but it was the money she loved first, everything else came after."

Suddenly she felt like such a massive hypocrite pain spider webbed across her chest. When she was younger, she used to judge women who married for money, believing them to be gold digging whores who made all women look bad. As she got older and struggled, and then really struggled, she stopped judging them for playing a system they had no hand in creating. She remembered her economics teacher saying a capitalist society would never be one with social, racial, or gender equality, not when the acquisition of wealth was tied to masculinity and status. He was a good teacher, and the more time that passed the more his words rang true. After all, money was the reason she was there with Killian. The pain in her chest spread, and she suddenly loathed herself so much she wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there.

Killian's hand tightened around hers, the warmth and strength reassuring, or it was meant to be. The self-loathing had opened the Pandora's box of awful and everything she was doing ate at her so fiercely she could barely handle being in her own skin. When she tried to pull free, he wouldn't let her.

"It's not the same Rae." She kept her gaze focused on the scratched surface of the table and he sat forward. She closed her eyes and he grasped the side of her face. "Please look at me. Please Rae." She opened her eyes and he caught the tear that escaped with his thumb. "This is me," he said, gesturing to the bowling alley.