All Comments on 'Survivors Ch. 01'

by kitten2010

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
naked_llamanaked_llamaalmost 12 years ago
zombies!

as much as I HATE zombies in real life, i LOOOOOOOVE post-apocalyptic stories with gay male characters :)

i actually read this already on Gweall's blog, but I read it again when I saw that you guys submitted it here on LIT :) 5 STARS for a great and exciting first chapter!

keep it coming guys :) and i hope they make it to Canada.. ALIVE :) lol

PS. i ADORE Mongo... please don't kill the one-eared cat in the future chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Erm...

There are no zombies in real life...? LOL.

naked_llamanaked_llamaalmost 12 years ago
I KNOW THAT

LOL. what I actually meant is I hate zombie flicks, i don't watch any of them because I get nightmares about being chased by mobs of undead freaks and waking up before finding out if i ended up as lunch. HAHA :)

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago
Awesome start!

Great 1st chapter!

:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Suspenseful and, oddly, heart-warming

The environment immediately reminded me of I Am Legend and 1984 put together, but the way you two have crafted this, it's great in its own right. Full of suspense from the start and though those scenes with the Drained had my heart racing, it's also heart warming to see Gavin's caring nature. I also enjoyed that Gavin and Pike just happened upon each other in this desolate wasteland. Bravo.

~M

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Brilliant!

Nicely rounded characters. Believable premise. I like it. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
boo @ rates

Read this on gweals (sp?) Blog a few days ago. I don't see how anyone could rate it less then a 5. Great job :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Could be better

It's an interesting premise, but the execution is disappointing. It seems rushed--if it had twice as much detail it would be way better. I want to know what the characters are feeling and thinking, and a lot more description of the look and feel of the place. I'm assuming Gavin and Pike are going to have a sexual relationship, but there's no hint that they're attracted to each other--not even a single sentence about their impression of each other or what either of them looks like. It's riddled with typos ('they're' instead of 'their,' missing words, etc.) and it's not well thought-through. For example, the restaurant had 'frozen food'--hamburgers. It sounds like it's been apocalyptic for at least months. I doubt there'd be power. If there is, please explain why/how. Otherwise, it's just not very believable.

Sorry to be such a negative Nellie. If this was just bad altogether I wouldn't have bothered to comment. I think both of you are capable of making this an awesome story--please put some more time and heart into it.

B4Joy

julrijulrialmost 12 years ago
Loved it! Fiver!

I am enjoying this one, well any Zombie story is great as far as I am concerned. Glad to see your posting again Kitty. Mr G, you are missed on the site. Enjoyed the story, just please don't rush it G! Both of you are truly gifted. it's a genuine pleasure to read both your stories and I re-read them often.

Now, how did it slip by you two the frozen burger thing? Then a few misspellings and missing words. Don't y'all just hate when that happens. Y'all need to taser your beta reader, lol. Kidding aside, its a good story and I can't wait to read on. Its always easier sitting here reading and critiquing, than sitting there and writing. I know how it is writing and re-reading everything to make sure its perfect and still an Oops! Thank you both for the posting I eagerly await the next chapter.

GweallGweallalmost 12 years ago
Gweall Returns

Thank you for all the comments and rates and this specific comment is direct at Anonymous who mentioned it could be better.

The scene you're talking about in the restaurant was actually a point of interest for us. We did argue for a second about it, although it was on how to cook the food. It never occured to either of us so we both admit that that was a big mistake. As for the editting, my edit is currently MIA and kitten is her own editor. I think she looked through it...*shrugs*

You mentioned how they showed no interest in each other, that was on purpose. If you're fighting for your life in a zombie apacolypse you're not going to stop and look at another survivors ass, are you? Especially if he may be a threat to you. As time goes on, maybe they'll stop and stare every now and then, hm?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
28 Days Later

The movie should get at least some acknowledgement for the premise without the gay twist and exchanging a viral outbreak for drugs

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Whennnn?!

When will you post a new chapter?! IT WAS JUST GETTING GOOD...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
hmmm...

This sounds an awful lot like Cruel2Bkind... Not accusing you or anything, but it reminds me of Alone at the End of the World... like, a lot.

I like it, when are there new chapters?

wawferwawferover 7 years ago
Seriously!

This would make such an awesome movie or show. This is a really cool idea, you could reel in the fans of the apocalypse and zombie movies. My heart was pounding while reading this chapter. I hope you come back to this story someday. It's awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmmm's comment

Concerning hmmm's anonymous comment. I think he was smoking crack. The stories are nothing alike. Jerk. I hope they didn't abandon the story because of his stupid comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wish you would continue

You did several series and this was the one I loved and you didn't continue, of course lol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous