Sweet Child 'O Mine Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"In more ways than one. Not only did I get into this business because he pushed me into it, but he also asked me to march myself over here and apologise for berating you earlier," I blabbered, realising that I had just walked into a world of hurt.

And her reply was curt and to the point. "Well then, get on with it. The apology that is. You came here for that did you not? Now look at you. Sitting here, making small talk. Trying to weasel out of that much needed apology," she sniggered.

And so there it was. I had been so caught up with making nice with this woman that I had completely forgotten why I had come to her table in the first place. And rather than apologising to her and walking away to the solitude of my make-shift desk, I was seated across to the first person outside my three friends who made me feel comfortable.

"In my defence, I would like the record to show that I did not berate you, rather I tried to ask you to simply let the playlist take it logical course," I tried my best to get out of the apology.

"The record will show nothing of the sort. Now, stop trying to sweet talk your way out of this. Apologise. Now."

The firmness in her voice sent a small shock down my spine. I did not know asking her to stick to the playlist could get me in so much trouble.

Draining my coffee cup, I took a deep breath and tried to formulate the best non-apology in my head.

"Before you say anything, I would like the record to show that I was appalled at your playlist. No Allman Brothers, Scorpion, Meatloaf or Tom Petty? What kind of a show are you running here?" She said before I could get to my non-apology.

"You know Meatloaf?" I asked, incredulously.

"What kind of self-respecting classic rock buff doesn't know of the most ambiguous love ballad ever sung?"

She was off course referring to 'I would do anything for love' by Meatloaf. My insides did a somersault. Oh gosh, she could quote Meatloaf to me. That was my version of saying talk dirty to me.

"Right, so, I apologise for hindering your mindless shuffling of my playlist only so that you could play one Guns and Roses song," I said, trying to sound as sincere as I could, given the circumstances.

"Attaboy. Now, was that so hard?"

"You have no idea. Anyways..."

I immediately corrected myself when I saw her roll her eyes at me.

"Anyway Madam, with this, I shall take my leave. It was a pleasure getting to know you," I said, trying to save face and extracting myself from the situation.

Finishing her coffee, she gesticulated at me to continue sitting while she slid a polaroid camera out of her bag that was loosely hanging behind her chair.

"I need to get this one. Finally, a man apologised to me for something. I need to get this on film."

"I am sorry but I don't do photoshoots without getting paid upfront," I said as I rose up from my chair.

"Oi," she said to me as she saw me turn and begin to walk to my laptop and desk.

I turned slowly. I had never been called 'Oi' before. In the background, November Rain from Guns and Roses started playing.

"Hi. I am Anna. What's your name?"

"Sam."

12