All Comments on 'Sweet Dreams Are Made of This Ch. 09'

by Innuendos

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A point to ponder

Is it not a polygamy (with consent of all parties) better than a monogamy but with a mistress/lover (with or without consent ) on the side.

InnuendosInnuendosabout 12 years agoAuthor
re: A point to ponder

My characters would certainly agree with that statement, as their marriage (specific to their case) is meant to be a relationship between equals, rather than one taking the lead, while the other is relegated to lesser status.That's not a pleasant situation to be in when both persons have the same feelings for their shared spouse.

Of course, they do have the benefit of being fantasy characters who have achieved a balance - in reality that balance would no doubt be much harder to achieve and maintain without a concerted effort on the part of everyone involved.

They also don't have a lot of the baggage that tends to be associated with "real" polygamous relationships: religious overtones, incestuous elements, or semi-misogynistic controlling relationships.

As for polygamy over monogamy? I'll leave the judgment of that particular fantasy to peoples' personal tastes. I know that some find the polygamy to be a squick, with polyamory being less of a problem.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous