All Comments on 'Sweet Nothings'

by valalili

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Typos

Sue Chef? - please just Google, or get someone to do the type checking for you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Needs work

Learn to spell, or get an editor. Sous chef, not soe chef! Assistants, assistance, ad nauseum! It is a turn-off.

Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
Excellent first effort.

Excellent character development. Looking forward to your sharing more of your talent.

Many thanks for your Valentine contribution. Best of luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Disappointing

Not sure if I am a typical reader or not, but repeated use of incorrect words (see above) just breaks the mood and I lose the story. After the third "assistance", I stopped reading.

Its a shame, because it seemed like it was going to be a good story. Please get an editor/proofreader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Grammar

He/She who would write should, at the very least, understand word usage and basic grammar. Interesting story line, but poorly written

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Like the others, get an editor and a dictionary, and check your facts. In a restaurant environment heels are a no-go no matter how short you are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Needs work.

Imagination will only take you so far. You need the proper spelling and the proper use of words to make the story shine. Spellchecker can help you find the misspelled words but it won't find misused words. You or a dedicated editor need to check for misused words. This story could've shone like a brightly polished diamond instead of dimly like a dying candle. With hard work your next story can be great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Need an editor

Basically a good story, but I agree with previous commentators about misuse of words, e.g. sue chef instead of sous chef

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Editor needed.

-Sous chef

-pendant

-assistants

doodlesdaddoodlesdadover 13 years ago
Editor, please

Please find an editor! "Luckily he had a well trained (well-trained) staff of assistance (assistants) in the kitchen that (who) got them through the day. There was Chuck the chef that (who) managed the food that was served at the Bistro and his sue (sous) chef Ronny." That's in only two sentences.

StarofAirdrieStarofAirdrieover 13 years ago
have to agree...

nice attempt, but...

sous chef

hoarse

assistants

Also, there could have been more foreshadowing to the ending, more reasons for falling in love than the I need a job and you're hot/I need someone to staff and you're hot...

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 13 years ago
Good

It was a good story although the paragraphs were quite long. Editing would help. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

nice attempt. real close

sous chef

peeked (to look at)

and a few more.

white space can be your friend. Paragraphs for each line of thinking or subject, then on to the next.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous