All Comments on 'Take Cover from Tracy'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wrong catagory

This was not romantic

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I disagree

Not a classic story of romance I agree but a story telling of a growing love against a backdrop of adversity and the future that spun out of it? Yes, romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lots

Of interesting background. But short on exposing why the two would fall in love and share their lives. More non-erotic. Enjoyed as I've been to Darwin and the area and hadn't realized it had been so heavily damaged in WW2 till I was reading up for the trip.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
A world away

In my opinion very well done, was totally captured by the story, as a reader I greatly enjoyed your efforts.

North

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Quite a Tale Based on Fact

This story is based on an actual happening on this day in this city according to Wikipedia. And it was every bit the horror this author portrayed (over 100mph sustained winds). Why the reading audience is more worried about the category the story is in rather than the real life emotions of people who might well have been these two is quite beyond me. The intensity of the needs of these two caught in the middle of a catastrophe tells more to me than whether or not this was a true "Romance". It seemed to read much shorter than the 8 pages that were written and although this author is not highly skilled, the storyline carried us all through it. Considering that we in the US just went through similar storms (although we call them hurricanes, not cyclones) made the story more realistic. People in Puerto Rico, Florida and Texas must have gone through experiences very similar to these people in Darwin. 5* for me.

RetroFanRetroFanover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments

Thank you for reading my story and taking the time to comment.

I posted this story as a Romance story as the two central characters are a love at first sight couple, who only met by pure chance. Plus the serious subject matter in the story made it more for Romance than for Erotic Couplings. It was challenging to write due to the rapid changes of mood required within the storyline.

Cyclone Tracy is still possibly Australia's most devastating disaster and we have seen many over the years: the Ash Wednesday bushfires in South Australia and Victoria in 1983, the 1994 Blue Mountains fires in Sydney, the Canberra firestorm of 2003 and the Black Saturday fires in Victoria in 2009; the Queensland floods of 1974 and 2011; while our cousins across the sea in New Zealand were devastated by the Christchurch earthquake in 2011. There's a clip on YouTube of the noise Cyclone Tracy made, before it destroyed the Darwin weather bureau too. It is scary to listen to, to have heard that sound for real would be absolutely terrifying. There are also museum exhibits in Darwin about Cyclone Tracy and the devastating bombing of the city in World War 2. You certainly walk away from those feeling humble.

gnomaddgnomaddover 6 years ago
Romance

Well done. Mind not the masses. You have posted a worthwhile read unlike the nay sayers and anonymous commentators. You deserve all 5 stars.

fixer43fixer43over 6 years ago
I concur

Good story in the right category. Although I had to go to Google to 'translate' some of the Aussie terms...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Wow. Loved story. I was in Hurricane Carla in 1961 , which hit Gulf Coast in Texas. Lost all my food, as.electricity was out in third ward in Houston for over 2 weeks. Learned to always have some canned food, and a manual can opener. Lost all fresh food and frozen food with no power. Beautiful story, very realistic and.believable

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 6 years ago
A Romance It Is!

Wow, I never knew about Tracy. I have read a lot about it now and am in awe how you captured the drama, destruction and death of this horrible event.

Great story, please keep writing.

5*

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Amazing, loved it!

I really felt like I was in that bathroom with them, when everything was crashing around them. Well done! The love they found in the midst of such chaos is equally amazing, and heartfelt. The tragedy of it all, the devastation and loss, was hard to get through with a dry eye, but worth it to the end. This tale is easily one of my favorites now. Thank you for sharing this with us.

RNebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“Opening her legs slightly so she could wash her vagina...”

“...her vagina, so pretty with its slim and perfectly symmetrical lips”

Let’s take a little anatomy lesson. A vagina is a tube into the pelvis. Women don’t ‘wash’ vaginas (unless they douche) but they do wash their vulvas, pussies, crotches, cunts, quims or whatever. And vaginas don’t have lips.

GrandstandTedGrandstandTedabout 1 year ago

Powerful, Amazing. well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous