All Comments on 'Tales of the "Pink Mist" Ch. 10'

by Qeda_Charlemaigne

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkover 12 years ago
All good things

Ah well i suppose this is the end of the story? Im a little sad if its the last chapter but i think as final chapters go this one is pretty good.

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

That was the end? I'm sorry to see it end! Man, I was quite excited on seeing there was a new chapter, only to see that it's the last one.

Then again, all good things end, and a good advice is to leave them wanting more!

The way you write, you could easily have expanded this story to many, many chapters, before the war with the Mongans. Many other missions, maybe fleshing out personal histories of crewmembers (and the possible adventures that go with that), Ganastra the Mongan sounded very interesting, and heck, a lot of stuff, right down to Alice, Salli and maybe other sentient computers. I feel like it's a missed opportunity.

Personally, what I liked most was the worldbuilding. From the small things sprinkled here and there, like "Parrots", description of various weapons, ships, military protocol, it's very detailed. Great storyworld you've created there.

Dangit, I wish there had been more! Well done.

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
I liked the story, but I'm not thrilled by the ending...

There was a LOT of story left to tell...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Abrupt and angry ending

Its sounds like you just wanted to get this over with as violently as possible. The warping to a new location aspect seemed pointless. It did not make sense that the best of the enemy ships was superior to the entire pirate fleet and station, yet they could go into Monga space and beat them so easily. The wiping out of entire planets seemed extreme and not in character with Quillan. There was no sex. Not as good as the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hrmm...

I am gonna have to agree with everyone else... it really just seems like you wanted it over with...

I loved talk of warping the entire station and fleets, but that was never followed through (in story... implied maybe... i didnt catch it however)... the ending was just... disappointing...

Your still a great author, and I cannot say that its not all that uncommon for author's to run out of steam... but damn... I am almost disappointed this is the first story I opened/read today from LR... Time to go find something else to cheer me up... real buzz kill...

Qeda_CharlemaigneQeda_Charlemaigneover 12 years agoAuthor
*giggle*

As I've said several times before, I write for myself and publish my stories here simply because there may someone who enjoys reading the crap floating around in my mind.

As John Lydgate said, "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

Y'all are so cool!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ending quick and OTT

I thought the ending was OTT, sterilising entire planets is not the action of a hero.

Other than that I loved the series, hope you'll post something else soon!

KolrinKolrinover 12 years ago
Quick ending...

with lots of unanswered questions. Like what happens to the Mongan traitor? Why was Purgatory fitted with an AI? What happens to the Pink Mist Maurauders? And yes that sterilization of Monga Actual was way OTT, unless you give a valid reason for doing it.

But damn good writing once more. I always look out for your stuff especially.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Open ended

Loved the whole story!

You are an excellent author who seems to love leaving us wanting more!

I think you were right to wrap this story up, though as other said you could have gone for several more chapters. but I also think that in doing so might have felt like you were dragging it out for "another sequel".

Thank you for sharing your love of writing, your enjoyment of writing is shown throughout by your care for attention and detail. Battle scenes well strategised and thought through. Though I do enjoy your sex scenes, I'm glad in this story you didn't just "shoe horn" some sex in just for the thrill of it rather than it being integral to the story.

I look forward to reading more stories from you in the future. Bravo!

Lucka478Lucka478about 12 years ago
a captivating story

A great story that held my interest so much that i practically read it without pause from the first chapter to this last one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Perfect!

One of the best stories on this site!

TristitanTristitanover 11 years ago
great story

excellent story, i read the whole thing in 1 day, it was a nice story and a perfect ending

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 11 years ago
Wow!

The ending was unexpected but it fits. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank you!

My name is Mark Henry Stevens. I have just found, and had great delight in reading, Tales of the "Pink Mist". The plot won me from Chapter 1. Imagine my great surprise, joy and delight to find that I now have an Alliance dreadnaught (MARK H. STEVENS) named after me. Diolch yn fawn! (Thank you very much)

cittrancittranover 11 years ago
That After Action Report...

Holy shit.

I've never laughed so hard at anything on Lit. before in my life.

I was laughing so much that, half an hour later, my sides still hurt.

YOU are a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fantastic - thanks

Great novel. Loved it. Easy read, just so hard to put down. Keep it up. 10.

John.F.

bumd11bumd11over 10 years ago

From beginning to end, this tale has been truly outstanding. Yes, I agree that the end seemed rather rushed, but the quality of the writing, story telling, and character development throughout makes that criticism a miniscule quibble. I would love for the author to some day give some more stories of Quillan, Alice and the rest. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fantastic

I've read the story from start to finish in two days, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Not sure it should have been posted in literotica, as the sex scenes were definitely not the prime movers in this story, lovely and enticing as they were.

I would like to thank the author for the huge effort she put into this work, and send my admiration for a very well written work.

Kudos!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
SIGH......Don't want it to be over......

Just found this story. It was a great story, one that I just didn't want to end. If the author is still writing I hope that they will revisit this story and fill in all the blank space between the fight and the rather abrupt ending. This is just too damn great a story to end with a whimper and so many unanswered questions.

CodrusCodrusover 8 years ago
Please continue

It's like novel with some good sex. A space opera which is thankfully done much better than usual. Please keep going!

HandsInTheDarkHandsInTheDarkover 8 years ago
Too much missing

This could have been amazing. It needs an ending, and some minor tweaks in style. Finish it and you'll have something.

Qeda_CharlemaigneQeda_Charlemaigneover 2 years agoAuthor

I've revamped the story for better flow and published it on Wattpad, in case anyone is interested. More sci-fi stuff. If you read it, please drop me a line!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous