All Comments on 'Talla's Fallen Temple Ch. 27'

by xtorch

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
awsome

Awesome as ever please post next chapter quickly. Don't make us wait long

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Glad Makasa finally figured it out

I'm quite curious to see how it works out for the temple in general and the main characters specifically.

Also interesting to get insight into what happens to at least some of the barbarians. Combined with the changing relationships of graduated fighters, and this chapter seems to have turned a corner and set up a bunch of story to come.

So good. Keep it up! I'm quite curious to see where the story goes from here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a great sentence

"Hunger owned his list of priorities and the mess became his only plausible destination."

Just wanted to say I appreciate your writing!

samsayssamsaysalmost 9 years ago
I've always ....

Said the worst part is the wait. Every time a new chapter is published there is the wait for the next one. Could the fighters be the allies Zhair'lo is looking for? I'm glad Maska' s back in the story. Please, please don't keep us waiting so long for the next chapter.....

bosbobejaanbosbobejaanalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Another great chapter to read.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 9 years ago
Revelations

Another excellent chapter!

Lots of revelations, not the least of which was the mental 'conditioning' of the barbarian. I wonder if they all got 'served' the same way, if they saw something in him, or if we saw through his eyes because he's different: Will he remember having his mind 'fucked' (quite literally)? If so will he be a new ally?

Conversely, might he find this new life a fantastic change for the good and be a dangerous unknown... so many questions!

The fact that the temple is so divided is becoming clearer. That those working towards helping to give longer life to the goddess and guard against berserkers are having to do so in secret is also telling.

Talla seems more aggressive - is this leaking from the bond where Zhair is in martial training - but still getting laid regularly? (Whereas her training is also martial, yet she seems less satisfied with both her sex life and is frustrated by the daunting task.)

I'll stop rambling, but I wanted to take time to tell you I'm still reading, still patiently awaiting the next chapter and still a big fan of your work.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A Fantastic chapter...

showing how the women of the temple control the men. Maska seems to be getting close to solving problems of sweetness. Will her studies in the library bring her into contact with Talla? Now that Zhair'lo is not a recruit anymore will he still have to cycle thru the other new fighter' s or will he be served by all the women in the barracks? What about Aloe, why does she call Zhair'lo soldier? Can she be a link to other women in facial? So many questions that have to wait for the next chapters. I'll have to wait but I'm not very patient!!!!

SashimiSashimialmost 9 years ago

Something tells me Talla will manage to destroy the Synergist. And maybe that throne. And regret it because she didn't grasp the actual extent of their importance. Good stuff.

By the way, I'm curious what happened to the female (former) recruits during that party?

xtorchxtorchalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Replies to my readers:

Anon1: yes, I'm writing!

Anon2: I thought it was a good thing to show a "conversion". It matters to the story, so it's important to show that background

Anon3: Some editing was done to spruce that particular sentence up. We're glad it paid off in terms of your appreciation.

Sam: I've got the layout for the next chapter, so it's that far ...

Jason: Thank you! They're trying to extend the Goddess's power to soothe the local male populace, not extend her life per se.

Anon4: "Will her studies in the library bring her into contact with Talla?" Uh ... sort of? Eventually, but now how you'd think. I've already said too much.

Sashimi: Something like that could happen, and you could guess that based on the novel's title, but I've said too much. :-)

samsayssamsaysalmost 9 years ago
Xtorch...

Keep writing the wait is worth it but I still have little patience. I also want to know what happened to the female recruits. And are they fighters or solders? Chris

xtorchxtorchalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Fighter or soldiers?

I didn't mean to be vague about that:

Fighter is a generic term for all of them (male and female)

Soldier is the lowest rank (male or female)

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
Thank You...

It's the little things that for some reason just bug me too. Please keep writing. Chris

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Just read all the chapters in less than 3 days. Daunting to think about the wait till next one... I too am eager to find out more about how the temple works, about this whole world.

It seems every here and there there are words missing or incongruences that have not been caught. It's a bit like no spell checker had been used.

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
Writing, writing, writing.

Yep, folding out the end of next chapter and making it nice.

Chris: It's the little things that make the world real, at least for me: the ranks, the clothing, the little pieces of parchment that authorize this or that, the way the men are handed out to the women on little cards.

Anon: Yeah, it's a little embarrassing it took me 3 years to write this novel, but it's the time I have. It's just one editor and me working on this, and I never realized what a daunting task it is to edit so many words. But my editor, a rather phenomenal dude named Ken Scades has done wonders for my writing style and skill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
waiting waiting waiting

Waiting for the new chapter I would say patiently but its been quite a while now. Please publish soon

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
writing, writing, writing

The first draught is done. It's off to the editor once I sweep through it tonight.

Sorry for the wait, but stuff is happening now and I want to get it right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
keep up the work

Nice story series waiting for next chapter please post soon

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
Waiting...

And an avid reader of this story. A lot of questions come to mind about the story so far:

1. When the caravan is going to Beshenna why were they taking the baby to form?

2. Why does Nadine dislike Talla?

3. Why hasn't anyone said anything about how young Zhair'lo is? Is that why master Kendrick is distracted when he is served by the queen of Form, because sweetness sent a 18 year old to the fighters?

4. Why did master Hazen spend so much time teaching Zhair'lo how to ride a horse when he hasn't touched one since then?

5. What happened to Tina and trying to contact other women who were whipped for monogamy?

6. When will Maska realize that Talla started her on her quest?

7. Do the sealed virgins have problems with their next upgrade?

8.When is Talla's next upgrade? Does she get credit for creating all the sealbreakers?

9. Will Zhair'lo break seals again?

Anyway a lot of questions so I hope the next chapter is finished editing soon. Chris

xtorchxtorchover 8 years agoAuthor
Busy, busy

My editor is very busy these days, but I'm near the end of Chapter 29 so the next two might come faster.

1. The perfectly legal baby would be dropped off at Sweetness (where the nurseries are) along with the "wounded".

2. Talla stole some of Nadine's friends and got a quadruple while Nadine was stuck.

3. Because the other young Fighters are of similar ages. Kendrick has other problems.

4. Horses ... later ...

5. Somewhat unsuccessful, but unmentioned. I rather dropped that, didn't I?

6. Which quest of whom?

7. Not to anyone's knowledge.

8. She would earn her next upgrade, usually after a year. I thought I put that in there somewhere, but maybe I didn't. The second upgrade is usually about a year in if you're a good girl.

9. Heheh.

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
Ok...

so i was confused the caravan master said take the cargo to form not the baby.

2. The girls are taught at a young age not to be jealous, it just seemed more than that.

3. It was mentioned that the other boys were at least a year or two older and the girls were initiates which would make at least a year older? He's still at least a year or more younger than the others. And Sgt. Yung seems to spend a little more time explaning things to him. Have they noticed that he ask's more and better questions than the rest?

4.Nothing was mentioned of Tina even trying and how did she know them?

5.Maska's interest in Talla meshing with Sila caused her to want to know more about her parents. that lead her to pussy and her discoveries. will she ask Talla why she chose abundance?

6.yes you did say it would take a year for her next upgrade but her helping find Zhair'lo and Zokar should speed that up i would think Maska was fast tracked right? And Shen is out there two.

7. What's with the towers? What do they new them to protect the temple from?

8.So Zhair'lo will break seals again, will he go with a caravan to another temple because of his stength?

See you anwser a few questions and i think of more. If the next chapter comes out soon maybe it will distract me from my questions! or not. Chris

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxtorch@xtorch
The next chapters of "Two Hundred Dollars More" are up on the Patreon page for anyone subscribing to the $1 tier. https://www.patreon.com/xaviertorch I'm currently also working on the third novel in the Talla's Temple series. My first novel is Talla's Temple. I know, it co...