All Comments on 'Talla's Fallen Temple Ch. 29'

by xtorch

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another great chapter

Such an interesting dichotomy between their magic and the science (powders & potions) they use to control it. They seem to know so much about their powers, and yet know so little about what Zahir lo and Talla have.

Much like our world, new scientific discovery makes the old look silly, just as their research into genetics seems advanced...right up until they discover mothers as carriers for male traits.

Such a beautifully complex yet balanced world has been created here (as facial illustrates in this chapter). Once again, much thanks and praise for abother great chapter in an excellent and fascinating story.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 8 years ago

Was that the goddess herself that led Talla through the hidden passage? Those in the highest positions seem to believe that carrying the perfection so long will either kill Zhair'lo or leave him seriously impaired and hope that Talla's presence will minimize the damage. But he's just a man, therefore he's expendable.

jlmnjlmnover 8 years ago

@katgoddess1

The Goddess would almost certainly be in her own place and keeping her distance from the other perfections, plus be far too well guarded to slip away like that.

Pretty sure that Talla's guide in the tunnels was the Sorceress of Facial. We saw the Sorceress of Facial refer to the Little Girls' games when talking about switching assignments, so she was likely one of the two people in that conversation. We can also be fairly sure that the other was H'reena, since she intercepted Shanata outside Form's gates. So the guide was probably the Sorceress of Facial.

In addition, on occasions in the past there were men allowed into Sorceress' and Queen's chambers to be served. Originally, I'd taken it to simply be a Protocol that such high value persons were not to be risked outside the temple walls, but with the guide falling to her knee and panting heavily at a seemingly arbitrary point in the tunnel and Tia saying she would die if she held a perfection outside the Temple, I suspect that this is in fact a Dictate of the Gods. Thus, again I suspect that the guide was a Sorceress, and the only Sorceress (or Queen or Goddess) who would have both any reason to be in Form and any likelihood of helping Talla would be the Sorceress of Facial.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Thank you so much for another amazing chapter!!!!

samsayssamsaysabout 8 years ago
I agree...

Another excellent chapter. Talla has women from different disciplines looking out for her. I understand abundance because that is her discipline. Facial is helping her because they like to rebel? I agree the sorceress of facial did guide her through the tunnels. Zhair'lo' s squad mates loyalty to him surprises the women of Form, why, they should understand fighters. At least Zhair'lo seems to have other friends on the march with him. Thank You for adding references to horse for me. But who was riding sunrise, Master Kendrick? Someone's commented the the worst part about a new chapter being published is the wait until the next one. Please send chapter 30 to your editor soon, Please please please. Chris

samsayssamsaysabout 8 years ago
Ok...

so it's been almost 2 month with no updates on chapter 30 except for Twitter post about 13 LibreOffice pages written. Any idea how much longer. Chris

xtorchxtorchabout 8 years agoAuthor
It's away for editing!

My editor has to take care of some examination-type stuff and then he'll get to my penultimate(?) chapter.

samsayssamsaysabout 8 years ago
Pentultiment.....

That sounds ominous. Hopefully it will be as good as the last one and still leave more story to be told. I have more questions though. How are all the men being served as they move toward Beshenna, the fighters have their squad mates. But who takes care of all the others? The hunters and the Carter's. The women are a long way from the goddess to carry her power. And they did not have time to put together a h'rem big enough. Also will the different factions in Beshenna work together to rebuild their

temple. Tia seems to be in line to be at least the new sorceress of within if not the queen. How will the women of Beshenna like that. Tell your editor to edit quickly. Chris

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
next chapter

I have been following this story since start of 2014. It's quite different and interesting. But the pace of posting chapters is very slow. I hope next one comes soon

xtorchxtorchabout 8 years agoAuthor
Editing!

I have the next chapter back and I'll finish editing it today or tomorrow. Not much longer, I promise!

MadzillahMadzillahabout 8 years ago
Yowza

Really good story. I love the intricacies. I'm a bit horrified that I got to this last chapter and it isn't the end because waiting may kill me! Ready for an explosive ending....or next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Could the men in your story be any dumber? I don't think it's possible. It's no wonder women don't respect the men. Every time the monumentally moronic Zhair'lo takes a glass of water from a woman, he ends up drugged and mistreated. Yet he keeps drinking and he's continually surprised when he ends up on his ass. This guy's too stupid to reproduce.

xtorchxtorchabout 4 years agoAuthor
The men are ridiculous?

You could look at it that way.

Of course, most of the men are telepathically controlled/subdued through the mesh that occurs when they are Served.

Some of the men, like Zhair'lo, not so much. They are, by the Temple's measure, "Heroes", inspired to protect women without the continuous influence of the mesh.

That is, more or less, the central conflict Zhair'lo faces in this story: his natural instinct to be kind/heroic/helpful vs. his hatred of the Temple. How does he bring down the Temple without hurting people he cares about or innocents in general?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxtorch@xtorch
The next chapters of "Two Hundred Dollars More" are up on the Patreon page for anyone subscribing to the $1 tier. https://www.patreon.com/xaviertorch I'm currently also working on the third novel in the Talla's Temple series. My first novel is Talla's Temple. I know, it co...