All Comments on 'Tamed'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
The Perks of Keeping the Customer Satisfied

When a man who knows how to alternate a handful of oats with judicious application of curry comb, in order to integrate self into the heart of a high strung, half ton-horse , it was just a matter of time before he has the skittish, skillet-wielding restaurateuress eating out of his hand.

This was an off the main menu offering from Girl in the Moon that delivered sotto sweet.

Full marks * * * * *

cloacascloacasover 6 years ago
Terrific writer

The words and sentences flow. You keep just enough back and let just enough out. You’re very talented.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Strangely not quite

I like GirlintheMoon's stories, this one included. But somehow it didn't quite seem right -- almost as though it was rushed and didn't quite have the full commitment of GITM as author.

It was a nice story, and could have gone just as well in Romance or Mature as it did in Erotic Couplings. It was, of course, more competently written than most stories submitted on this site, but somehow I was hoping for more. (It even had a couple of spelling mistakes. When Sally had her foot on the break, I thought 'Not in a GITM story she wouldn't '.)

I can't pick a real fault with the story, it's just strangely not quite the full five stars from me.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Welcome back!

Glad to see one of lits finest writers posting again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Nice, But...

I find myself in the odd position of agreeing with luedon!

This was a nice story, well written (except for the break, LOL!) but strangely unsatisfying. I knew they were going to hook up, so all the teasing was for naught. I think it would have been better if they DIDN'T connect, sort of like "ships that pass in the night," leaving us to wonder about what might have been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Meh

I typically open a new GITM story with a bit of excitement, this post included I suppose.

But sadly, in this case, I'm left a more than a bit disappointed. The normal GITM banter...missing. The standard GITM tension between the two main characters...absent. Any sense of any kind of spark between these two....lovers...meh.

This effort reads like a mixed bag of unfinished thoughts and boring plots.

No vote from me. Maybe next time.

BertieBlackBertieBlackover 6 years ago
Well written!!!!!

Gave it a five for the ebb and flow of the story and storytelling. I would add that the events of the lovemaking scene seemed quite predictable but that might have been your tact at getting it done. An "A" for form and style.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Good Read

"She's addicted to marriage. Not so much the husbands." Great line.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Is it just me ?

I was kind of on fence in terms of 4 or 5 star merit cc this story . The fair maiden was a bit tetchy and wilfully remote to Rhett's oblique but persistent overtures. He tried harder then I like to , that's for sure. But for me, the story POPPED when Sally got on horse for first time.

I'm no cowboy, but have ridden horses and it's always a blast to have literal horsepower between legs at your command , ( the catch is the personal care / expense any conscientious equine owner must make to maintain said beast.

To me,, any comment made that was lukewarm or dammed with faint praise were made by those who aren't experienced with fears and exhilaration of mounting a new horse . Sally finally succumbed to Rhett after he showed his mastery in that area. The magnetism finally drew cautious Sally out of her shell . Loved it - she was doing first rate Walls of Jericho imitation before that.

Great fun for myself to watch her fortified heart finally give ground. That " see you around cowboy " was great close because Sally hasn't completely tumbled to Rhett and I doubt he'd have it any other way . Rhett is process oriented aka perfect for task at hand.

olsaltyolsaltyover 6 years ago
Nice Progression, Well Handled Sex

Don't let negative comments get to you-you write well with an easy pace, very enjoyable if predictable plotting. Nice job.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Thank you

GITM may well be the most talented writer of my acquaintance. This story showcases that talent in no uncertain terms. Great writing, and I apologize for crushing you at the last minute as I did. Thanks again, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Different than the others. But it still had cowboys and fair maidens.

Boyd Percy

javmor79javmor79over 6 years ago
Wow

One of my favorite female writers on this site. You are a master at conveying emotion with just a few words. Truly awesome.

energystarenergystarover 6 years ago
So Good

Whatever this author writes will be worth reading. Her skill comes to the front in her writings when two people interact. Thanks!!! Easily worth paying to read, so I am thankful to see her here.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Short And Sweet

Quirky characters, nice buildup, joyful consummation, plus a promise of future happiness -- what's not to love about this tale?

Thanks much for this lovely vignette, GITM.

InsigniaInsigniaover 6 years ago
The title had me thinking

Shrew.

No, just kidding, for sure thought there might be some bondage.

A soft western themed romance with a couple of characters that you can't help but want to know more about. Dialogue is suberb as usual. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I know Westerns aren't your thing but

This was really good and really fun.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Great quick sketch of a bruised soul

Nice tightly rendered linear story. Minimal history - good quick pacing - wonderful quick sketches of Sally and Rhett. Felt good - satisfying - with just enough of a tease of more to come for them. Hey, I’m a Colorado boy who ended up in school with a lot of “eastern” girls, so I can kinda relate (although I was never much of a cowboy!) Thanks, I’m a big fan of your writing. Very poignant, with lots of emotional intensity. *****

TuppannTuppannover 5 years ago
If Ever There Was...

If ever there was a story I'd like very much to be made into a movie, it'll be this one, and it's also your 1st story that I've ever read but it definitely won't be the last. I'm going to make sure I read every one of your stories, trust me. It's stories like this that make visiting this site worth it.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
Yummy

I love the age difference. Not too creepy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
2293 Followers
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***