All Comments on 'Taped Confessions - The Lost Reel'

by mindingutter

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
SexlessStiffSexlessStiffover 6 years ago
...swing...and a miss

Sorry, not my cup of tea at all.

Mostly the violence against his daughter. Swing at her for making a joke?

But the story itself was less than stellar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Don't write the accent. At best it just makes the story cumbersome to read, at worst it becomes too tiresome to bother finish reading.

mindinguttermindingutterover 6 years agoAuthor
Points Taken

Yes, the accent was actually harder to write than normal spelling and grammar, I had to go back and un-correct it constantly. This was experimental, in that I was trying to create an atmosphere and at least one conflicted character in a story line that varied from the common buff suburban dad and hot blonde D-cupped cheerleader daughter who suddenly decide to fuck after a thirty second deliberation. Before the contemporary 'trophy for everything' era, and not that I'm condoning it, but kids were slapped routinely as discipline, especially in a working-class setting such as the one here. Hopefully somma youse liked the story.

JalevastJalevastover 6 years ago

I loved it. Maybe some have a hard time reading it because of the accent but I think it gave the story a nice swing. Made me feel like I actually listened to the voice on the tape. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Vernacular

Writing in the vernacular is difficult, but you seemed to get it. Its an easy read because of the phonetics. Good work.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 6 years ago
Very Well Done!

I loved all the sound-effects written in! Between those and the superb rendering of the New York accent & speech patterns, I could truly hear them. Proper grammar would have ruined this. Doing it this way is so much harder. Most writers who attempt it fail miserably, either by overdoing it or doing it inconsistently. The details of the era were wonderful & period-correct, adding much to the authentic flavor of this submission. 5 stars & I'm adding you to my favorite authors. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very Nice!

Unusual and interesting. Great writing. Excellent story.

messerschmiedmesserschmiedover 3 years ago
I forgot my English because of this

Wtf is this text?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent

I agree with everything that nthusiastic said. This is excellent writing. Don’t be discouraged by the nay-sayers that didn’t get what you were trying to accomplish. You accomplished it, from the accents to the plotting to the sex. Personally, I’d like the story to take a much filthier and disgusting turn, but I’ll be happy to read whatever your muse commands you to write!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous