All Comments on 'Tears of the Caribbean'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years agoAuthor
My Apologies...

Okay, before everyone asks me who Shannon is, she is a character from another story. She got accidently teleported into this one. With all the times I went over this, I can’t believe I missed it but that’s what I get for trying to write two stories at the same time.

Please forgive the slip-up and replace Shannon with Cassandra.

Thank you.

LTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
well that's just it, then

You'll have to give up your testicles. There is no excuse for it.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
THE CARIB,,,FULL OF MYSTERIES AND TALES

the ups and downs of the people are like the rolling, deep, dangerous seas, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Avast there Matey!

This is a feel good story, and not a bad one at that. Didn't end the way I thought it should, but that is what its all about isn't it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I never thought Laptopwriter would say rape is ok.

I can not believe that Lap is say rape ok.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years agoAuthor
I don't answer many comments but when someone accuses me of something vile

then I'm going to respond. I NEVER SAY ANYWHERE IN THIS STORY THAT RAPE IS OKAY! If you'd actually read the story you'd see that even though he was a pirate who was used to taking what he wanted, he doesn't 'rape' anyone!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
No, you didn't say rape is okay.

It never ends. This is why we can't have nice things in LW. There are too many people who just say random nasty things. Anyone notice how few, out of so many stories, are posted in LW, even by writers who usually post here? If your goal is to cause good writers to go elsewhere, you're doing well. Soon we will be left with just cuckolding and murder porn. Great story, LTW, and maybe the sane will tune in, eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yes, ignore the trolls. Excellent, well written story as usual. 5*

Please keep on writing. You add class to this site.

It was an excellent story, although she did cheat and there was an element of romanticising 'cheating' in the story, you are forgiven!

I am pleased she did return to her husband and will forgive her too for the odd reminiscence.

The thing is so many films and books these days do romantacise cheating. Having a 'justified' extramarital relationship in the 'affair fog' does unsettle me. I found 'Outlander' most annoying. She cheated on her husband, showed little if any regret never mind remorse, treated her husband abysmally on her return, yet everyone seems to love her 'new marriage' to the brave Scottish Highlander. So very pleased that this did not happen here.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful!

Very sweet and clever. I am very impressed by the outstanding detail you've included. Absolutely loved the ending, too!

mcollectmcollectalmost 6 years ago
5*

A great read and one of the top stories I have read on this site. Now to read all your other posts!

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
4.3

For a try, this was pretty darn good!

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 6 years ago
BR58... if I may. LTW has his exceptional style vs the anony's who do spread it but

do be not troubled. We do troll back and forth looking for the less sick and normal from "elsewhere". You have done an exceptionally good thing for Lit. You did pull out the stops from some great talent and a few whom I've not sampled yet. LTW popped up and this was #2 in Sirens Song Collection so I'm going to be sipping at this like an old LP.

LTW, Thanks for sharing your hard work with us on Lit. as I see it, it's BR58's fault

and that is a very good thing. Now to pick #3.... ?

x

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 6 years ago
and giving her Love is Not rape. Sheesh do any of the anony's actually read the

stories written above a third grade level?

x

cordialddcordialddalmost 6 years ago
If you give your testicles up may I have them?

then maybe I could be a respected author too.

Wonderful tale for being outside your norm. 5* without question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I enjoyed this story

I enjoyed this story. It was very creative. I hope that you keep writing and work towards longer pieces.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 6 years ago
A Bodice Ripper

In what universe do you get to "love" two men interchangeably? Fuck me dead.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Snore

I tried but.....sknxxxx, zzzzz!

BriteaseBriteasealmost 6 years ago
Anchors away

Haven’t been onto Lit much recently due to building and design commitments, but great to some back to this ripping yarn. Wonder what happened to our pirate hero?

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years agoAuthor
I had a sequel planned

where I was going to answer that question but with the reception this story received, it's not worth the time. Thanks for asking though. :-)

ribnitinribnitinalmost 6 years ago
Hawkins not credible

This one is not up to your usual high standard. Captain Hawkins was not a believable character. Others were cardboard.

I still look forward to your next story.

MurfyMurfyalmost 6 years ago
Loved it!

You are one of the best writers on the site. Always look forward to seeing more of yourstories. I hope that you reconsider doing a sequel to this.

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
Nice One

I recognize that her loving two men was disturbing since we are basically Y\N on relations. Personally I though the situation as described and that Captain Hawkins

never stopped being Sir Guy, I have to admit the passionate Englishman at the end who liked cold beer is sort of unbelievable.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyable yarn

I felt a bit lost on the first page as I am sure that the Spanish sailors, a Catholic nation even more so then then now, so close on the heels of the Spanish Inquisition, and with little racial memory of Norse and Greek mythology, that they blamed the weather at the immortal hands of Thor and Zeus instead of attributing these forces of nature to the Holy Trinity. But then I got involved in the story and found it interesting and entertaining, despite the name slip in your he dying paras. So 5* fully deserved.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 6 years ago
Pretty much a Harlequin romance novels

Meh

luedonluedonalmost 6 years ago
Harlequin is very widely read, Harry

What do you have against romantic fantasies?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Superbly crafted; worthy of imitation!

Clearly, you're a gifted and accomplished writer. You've covered all the major elements of a good mystery, powerful emotion and romance, evocative character development that unfolds slowly but deeply. I sense your particular strength is how you develop metaphor and in doing so you're able to convey strongly a sense of "being there." Well done! You've earned my admiration and appreciation.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

And the ending was cute, the perfect sea yarn and romantic fantasy. All it would need is a film score by Korngold to be perfect (he did the scores of a number of pirate movies, including captain blood)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A wild tale

Just a crazy love story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A nice romance, I guess.

Given the times and the culture of this story, women often had to make do with what fate threw their way. A person can have fond memories of a past lover without lessening or denigrating the love and commitment to their spouse. I will never forget the young woman with whom we exchanged our virginity. We were like Romeo and Juliette, but age and circumstance, and in the end, diverging personalities broke us apart. She contacted me, with interest, 30 years later. But I was and am still with the most wonderful wife a man could want. Otherwise I would have reciprocated her interest. But what we had as young lovers was past, and what I have now is where my heart dwells.

Thank you for a fond memory and a good story of love's complexity and life's uncertainty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I have noticed a few LW writers have taken their well written but annoying glorification of cheating stories to the Romance section, where they get fewer mean comments but the same relatively low scores, since Romance fans generally aren't big cheater supporters either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very enjoyable...

...thank you.

luedonluedonalmost 6 years ago
They're not only going to Romance, Anonymous

You say : "I have noticed a few LW writers have taken their well written but annoying glorification of cheating stories to the Romance section"

You'll also find them in Mature, Erotic Couplings, Inter-racial, and even Non-erotic categories. Wandering wives are performing their adulterous deeds all over the place. It's rather sad really, as the commentaries in these other categories are rarely as entertaining as the comments in Loving Wives.

And it's not the scores that are important, it's the comments.

Please come back, LW authors.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Quite Disappointing... 2*

Usually a huge fan of laptopwriter's work, but this story was just felt rushed and none of the characters were relatable.

The knight turned pirate was the worst and same goes for the adulterous wife.

Maybe some in depth background on the captain and his life in England would have helped make him more likeable.

Felt nothing but disdain for the wench(wife). The marquess wasnt any better. He was too accepting of his wife's betrayal and sparing the life of a pirate lord to cause more destruction was incredibly stupid.

Looking forward to something better from you next time. Keep writing.

AxelottoAxelottoalmost 6 years ago
PLEASE, write what you know

The problem about writing a nautical tale and using nautical terms is that you need to do it right, or you completely piss away the effect. Better to have a landlubber's viewpoint throughout than to make a bad attempt to sound like you know what you're writing. This read like you don't know.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Smooth sailing

So maybe it wasn't Treasure Island, but the sex scenes were better. I thought it was a good historical , romance fantasy. A bit different from our usual loving wife tale. How many wives cheat because they are pirate's booty? That's a better reason to cheat than anything else that I've read recently. Bitch wasn't burned, but affair partner was skewered. Everyone lived happily ever after, for several generations. It was a fun story, and I don't understand the criticism. LTW is one of the better writers in Lit and if this wasn't his best, it's ten times better than 75% of what we get here. LW has turned into Cuckold Trolls recently so be grateful that some decent writers throw us an occasional gem. LTW, please post your sequel. I think you will get a good reception from most readers. Some of these folks consider it their duty to criticize everything posted. Apparently, some comment without even reading the stories.Some comment only on other comments. Some anonymous people get nasty with other anonymous people. Strange place, but like Lue says, that's where the fun is.

boatbummboatbummalmost 6 years ago
Entertaining And Satisfying As Advertised

It's a mystery to me why folks who are unwilling to suspend their disbelief bother reading stories here. Or fictional tales of any kind, for that matter.

Thanks, LTW, for this swashbuckler with a feel-good wrinkle at the end. For those who've never been to St Augustine, it's worth your time if you have any curiosity about Spanish Florida. Even though the area is heavily tourist-trapped, the Castillo and Fort Matanzas are both National Park Service sites with reasonable entry fees.

El Galeon is a real ship, too, but not in St Augustine right now -- she's on a tour of Europe this year.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story

First time I have ever commented on a story. Loved the story, I thought the ending was perfect bringing the distant ancestors together closed the story. Good work!

Dubby49Dubby49almost 6 years ago

Asha is an Indian name. It means 'hope '.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinalmost 6 years ago
Arrgh!

I always love a good pirate tale.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 6 years ago
Wow...

... I've read many of your stories and this is the first one that I've hated. An anomaly, I'm sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 Stare OLD_CROW

At the start you said ‘I have never written a sea-going saga before and most of you will probably tell me I should have gone down with my ship …”. WOW, you couldn’t have been more wrong. This was one of the best stories I’ve read in a long while. Thank you very much.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago

A downer ending for Hawkins, the present day epilogue was just boring, it gave no sense of completion or any kind of happy ending, as was seemingly intended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just Wow!!

Great history lesson. Great story-telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fucking trash.... 1*

I had to really struggle my way through this one , the language was too flowery and unnatural. You thought you were trying to get us into the mind space of being in that time period but this came of looking like something written by a high school student trying to impress his English teacher who he has a crush on.

And on top of that we have to deal with this fucking " I love two men" retarded nonsense. The guy risks his life , gives up a significant portion of his wealth , searches like an animal for months and cones to find the little whore merrily fucking the pirate bastard. And he forgives her ? Just like that? Barf!

Fiction that normalises the raping ,thieving pirates has always been a pet peeve of mine but you romanticized adultery on top of this one. Just garbage. Really did not expect this shit from one of the non-cucky writers.

desertratazdesertratazalmost 5 years ago
Thank You

I really enjoyed this story! Thank you for sharing it again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Wow he should of killed the lover and left his wife who is a delusional whore.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
2nd Read

I found this to be a well researched, historical adventure yarn and thoroughly enjoyed it. I read the comments this time and mixed in with the genuine critiques both positive and negative, there are some commenters that I pity. It must be hard to manage living with that much hate.

LuciousLadyMaryLuciousLadyMaryover 4 years ago
You were doing great...

in this excellently told tale. I managed to keep the watery eyes in check until that last sentence! Good job!

DoctimeDoctimeover 4 years ago

I very much enjoyed this story. As a sailer and a romantic, it struck a chord. Also it makes one think of how uncharted life is. I truly and completely love my wife but realize that we met through a combination of circumstances that brought us together. How many others might have raised the same emotions and brought the same results. We will never know. However as I read the comments I am also struck by the cowards that hide under the nom de plume of anonymous. I leave them to their own demons but feel sorry for the authors who do not deserve that vitriol.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago

Second reading

But this time I read all the comments. Great Caesar's Ghost! Even though I was appalled a long time ago by the mindless ravings of so many anonymous commentators, their compulsive spewing of bile still boggles my mind. Please, LTW, give their words no more credence than scribblings found on the walls of public toilets. For the second time, I hated to reach the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hey Annon!!!!

Sounds like your entire marriage. How many men did your wife fuck during your marriage? 100 or more? And now she's dead and you found out! Sad you sorry fuck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
tunnel

To bad they didn't find the tummei. A great story.

Passing_Quietly_ThroughPassing_Quietly_Throughover 3 years ago
Nice read

Nice read but needs some editing and historical help. Cassandra becomes Shannon and steel was never used as a bullet, especially in the 1600's to 1700's as the hard steel metal would quickly destroy the gun barrel, and would be likely to ruin the bullet molds. The skin has pores, rain and water pour..".As she sat on the bed staring at the floor, a feeling of loneliness and depression consumed her like an evil fog. It soaked into her pours". But still an entertaining read...keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Reads well and concept flows through the words. Of course editing would be good but would not change the story, quality or content. Enjoyed.

ActingupActingupover 2 years ago

Thanks, laptopwriter. A good effort. I actually liked that she was honest in the end about loving both men. There were a couple of the larger plot holes that bothered me:

1) Language issues, or the lack of them. Spanish and English - there should be lots of miscommunication happening!

2) Blackie the traitor being paid in advance. No way in the world could this have occurred. For that money, Blackie would have made to guide them to the destination and be paid on success.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perhaps your weakest most uninteresting story. Not up to your usual standards.

sam456789sam456789over 2 years ago

Great story. For you sailing fans, Patrick Obrien series is definitely worth a read. All 20 Books. I've read them 3as myself. Very good series.

paulsubpaulsubover 2 years ago

I totally enjoyed the adventure as well as the romance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Boring

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I am lucky to be very distantly related to Captain Blood. Enjoyed the story but it was terribly long. Some chuckles along the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story... and LUVVED the ending !

mazk1098mazk1098about 1 year ago

Maybe I'm succumbing to stereotypes, but given what I think I know about XVIIth century Spaniards mentality, I find it really hard to believe that nobleman would forgive his wife for not only sleeping with another guy, but also stopping him from getting revenge. She'd face divorce and closed convent - at least

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed12 months ago

Today I reread this story (still a 5) and remember that originally a sequel was intended. Yes, please, and if you don’t have a plot thought out, just take it from where the newlyweds at the end find a journal or ship’s log being nosy in the honeymoon bedroom. There are occasionally loose stones in old castles…

laptopwriterlaptopwriter12 months agoAuthor

@Tx77Tumbleweed

I'm not sure where you heard I was going to do a sequel because that was never my intention; however, I like your idea about the loose stones and you now have me at least thinking about it. Should I decide to continue the story, I will be sure to give you credit for the idea.

Thanks for your support.

LTW

miket0422miket042211 months ago

Who doesn't love a good pirate story? Enjoyable read all the way through. Fantastic ending with their ancestors meeting 400 years later.

The only thing stopping me from giving this story top marks were several very noticeable editing errors. Because this author is so good and normally doesn't make such errors they stood out much more to me than they might with an author of less talent.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades11 months ago

Great story. Thanks for your writing.

TheOldStudTheOldStud7 months ago

Excellent story. I would also be interested in learning the fate of Sir Guy and Asha...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Karma. Incarnation of love/romance?

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiverabout 2 months ago

I would have dumped Camila over the side as soon as I lost sight of land.

if she would have lasted that long. I would have probably run both of them through while they were having sex.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous