Tempus Fugit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

---

Shakulu's eyes suddenly flickered open and the room spun about him. He got up reeling and looked around the supine figures in a shock, shivering.

"Makkon!" he shouted, staggering about disoriented, the spice smoke irritating his eyes. He stumbled out into the corridor and a few pets looked at him surprised, "Where is Makkon? You! Ris! Where is she?"

Ris smiled uncertainly and took him by the hand, but he brushed her off roughly. Moving on down the dusky wood panelled hallway. Suddenly he felt strong hands on his shoulders and he turned to find himself face to face with Makkon.

"What was that? What the hell was that?" he was wide eyed and breathing shallowly as swabbed his brow with a wet cloth. She escorted him silently towards the ebony door, "Where are you taking me? You can't kick me out without an explanation!"

"Shh, be silent." she replied, almost carrying him along. She was incredibly strong and weakened as he was he couldn�t resist her. The door opened as they approached and he saw his wagon resting on the ground, there was a bloody rent in its side. His mind reeled as he tried to make sense of what he saw.

Shakulu peered into the fleshy gouge torn in his wagon and suddenly recoiled. There, in the heart of his wagon was a silver and brass casket, still half-full of bluish jelly.

"Ether jelly," he muttered to himself, "Ether jelly!"

With a snarl he rounded on Makkon, "You knew!"

"Yes," she nodded

"Where is she?" he roared, his hair seeming to crackle and sparkle.

"Leave her alone, you old Coyote!" sounded a hauntingly familiar voice from the door. Shakulu turned and there stood Kali, dressed in a fluffy white bathrobe, her hair still wet from the preservative ether jelly. She laughed as he stared at her, �You really thought I'd let you go wandering around all on your own? You silly little boy!"

"How did you hijack my telling?" he asked.

"Hijack? Oh, come off it! Sure, you're one of the best tellers, but I know a bit about dreamtime as well! It never was your telling, it�s ours - you just had a big part."

"I return after twelve years and you," he began, but she interrupted.

"No, you listen to me - I love you and I'm sick of you dreaming that silly Earth all the time. It's time for you to come down to the real world for a change and stop running away from us, from me especially!"

"You'll be the death of me," he laughed suddenly, feeling light and buoyant before this lovely, laughing creature.

"Well yes," she smiled wickedly, "I hope I will be."

"Goddess of death, hmm? We'll see, we'll see," and with a lunge he grabbed her swinging her round.

"That's just for the dreams, you old trickster!"

"Right! And I'll show you some tricks!"

As they ran laughing towards the warm waters of the oasis Makkon looked after them, shaking her head ruefully. Sat came up behind her, putting a hand on her shoulders.

"Those kids, still dreaming are they?" he asked, nibbling her ear with his sharp teeth.

"Who knows? Who knows?" she laughed, embracing him gently.

12