All Comments on 'Terrible Company Ch. 07'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Missing Chapter?

Did I miss chapter 6.5 or something?

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 8 years ago
And it's back!

Terrific as ever. Corporate culture meets medieval torture and some hilarious sex thrown in for good measure. What more can I ask for?

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anon

No, you did not.

Terrible Company, as a story, is a place for me to explore concepts like satire, or to exploit tropes. Largely, TC pokes fun at the fantasy genre, but in the case of this chapter was more directly dealing with an oversight (in my opinion) in D&D and tabletop RPG gaming. Specifically, I wanted to see if I could write a whole chapter that takes place in the space between when the DM says "Ok, so the monster is dead" and "When you get back to town." Normally, there's about one breath between those beats. I wanted to see if I could make the trip back even more entertaining than the outbound journey.

In my own estimation, I think I did.

@LR

Thank you, as always. I won't go so far as to say I'm counting on your comments to keep my ego afloat, but thank you all the same. Seriously.

nasty_butlernasty_butlerabout 8 years ago
Thank God

I was afraid you were done with this series. And lo and behold, another gem of a chapter comes out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 8 years agoAuthor

Even if it takes me five years, I will finish Terrible Company

G1breelG1breelabout 8 years ago
/happydance

Awkward, you are one of three authors whose pages I check almost daily here. Any day with something new to read from you is an awesome day.

And yes, I think you nailed the space between 'The End' and 'Meanwhile...' brilliantly. The acid trap and the safety meetings were Prachett-esqe and Ivy cracks me up every time she opens her mouth.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 8 years agoAuthor
@G1b

Your favorites list is an incredibly short one, and one I'm extremely proud to be on. I know most of those authors, and their work is as good as it gets.

Thank you, not only for the lovely comment about the chapter, but also for the one about my writing in general.

GrantLeeStoneGrantLeeStoneover 6 years ago
Big Dungeon

Big Dungeon, that seems like some Big Foreshadowing. I hope so. It a funny, interesting concept. “Your Princess is in another Castle!” Ha!

I would think that a major healing, like reattaching a hand, would put more stress on Mathilda than it seems to. Does sex recharge Mathilda as much as drink? Is that one reason she leads Katsa away?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Princess

It's not our fault the princess was in another Castle! This is a really entertaining story. I was worried at first because it seemed like you were asking so many new characters but it worked out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
top shelf... you're getting...

into your story telling writing 'stride', quite well, at this point.

It's always exciting to see when writers take great leaps forward towards becoming authors. I've always felt the difference between writers is just how many great leaps they may need!

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES